You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
mrBoj

THIS RANKED BATTLES ARE JOKE!!!

34 comments in this topic

[T3SLA]
Players
22 posts
27,069 battles

This 12th season of ranked battles is nothing but a joke. Idiot WG idea to increase spending in the premium shop by increasing the number of players. Allowing young players, by renting them T10 ships, who have not sat down to play T10, makes this season lot more frustrating then joyful. I think that WG missing a point here about allowing young players to play something for which they are not yet mature enough. I think gonna pass this RB season.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[JRM]
Players
6,303 posts
24,191 battles

IDK m8, r10 and beyond seems rentals are pretty rare sight, cv are not however, ar one point yesterday there were 9-11 of them in que battle after battle

Players
2,181 posts

I played 3 rank games last night.. I will play not one more.

Game 1: Montana and Yamato rentals sat at the border doing absolutely nothing until the end when they came in to secure their star... Game lost.

Game 2: Again the :etc_swear: rentals  A Gearing ran straight at the enemy and within 5 minutes.. dead.. another rental Montana then just stopped dead.. dead.... Game lost.

Game 3: We have a single rental (Conqueror) but this time the game is going good.. At about 11 minutes I have just put down 1 enemy GK and then the enemy Hindenburg within 2 minutes....after 15 minutes we are 2 / 1 in ships (we still have the Hindenburg and me in my Grosser Kurfurst) and I have 80,000 hp and our Hindenburg has 15,000 hp.. The enemy has a single GK left with 55,000 hp so it has to be victory.. I mark in chat that I am going for the enemy GK and if necessary I will ram.. Everyone agrees a good move and at that point the enemy GK does not know where I am...The team tell Hindenburg to stay behind the island.... So our stupid Hindenburg decides that instead of playing safe he will attack with torpedoes with only 15,000 of his HP... Enemy GK turns to avoid torpedoes thus ruining my attack plan and kills the Hindenburg with a single salvo.. I chase down the enemy GK who was originally heading straight towards me and successfully reduce him to 18,000 hp knocking out his aft guns... I keep at him but the enemy points ratio is only 30 from the required 1000.. The enemy team wins (I have the enemy GK at 3,000 hp) but it is not enough to stop them reaching the 1000 points required and all thanks to a stupid Hindenburg who didn't listen to everyone telling him to hide....

I ended up top of the list with 166,000 dmg but this should have been a win.. so 3 stupid games is enough.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
6,303 posts
24,191 battles

I feel ya had 268k game saturday and it was a loss

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
725 posts
11,978 battles

Getting to Rank10 is a walk in the park. In R10 I have not seen a single rental.

I am now up/down at R11 taking what I want and shooting stuff, as for some reason there was no CV so I could not take mine.

I will probably not even get to R5 as for some reason I do not have a will to do it, so hard to said if it is any different that previous one.

In general as all the seasons, R5-R1 is ranked, rest is just random battles where you can influence them more as there is less players.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
2,181 posts
1 hour ago, Yedwy said:

I feel ya had 268k game saturday and it was a loss

In my opinion there should be no rentals in ranked.. If you haven't earned the higher tier ships you should not play them for free...

Like giving a 16 year old who has only ever ridden a Moped a top of the range sports car expecting it "NOT" to be wrecked within 5 minutes...

This mentality, like everything else, just sucks the fun out of ranked battles... WG you deliberately trying to kill the game?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,558 posts
23,777 battles

aaaand.... bazilion and one threads on the same sheet :Smile_great::Smile_facepalm:

(5 on front page atm..............................)

@ all mods:

i really feel persecuted when simply fun or woatever htreads from me get closed within 10 mins each time, while atm any bobo decides to successfully open up his own whine thread bout rentlas in ranked and.... nothing happens. they just become more n more...

so, where's all the mods?! :Smile_sceptic:

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
2,181 posts
1 hour ago, MrWastee said:

aaaand.... bazilion and one threads on the same sheet :Smile_great::Smile_facepalm:

(5 on front page atm..............................)

@ all mods:

i really feel persecuted when simply fun or woatever htreads from me get closed within 10 mins each time, while atm any bobo decides to successfully open up his own whine thread bout rentlas in ranked and.... nothing happens. they just become more n more...

so, where's all the mods?! :Smile_sceptic:

Violin.jpg.556dc29261bd5c358933ecf679b46b42.jpg

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[R7S]
[R7S]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
254 posts
12,188 battles

I also think that rental ships is a bad idea for ranked. I did not play much (r10) but I've seen my share of silly moves made by players renting t10 ships : going alone to a cap, charging by themselves etc.

About CV well it affects the gameplay for sure but maps are small enough to counteract bombing by concentrated AA imo.

[SCRUB]
Players
3,787 posts
17,324 battles

Enemy has two rental Z52s; I'm in Shima. I see a smoke and torp it .. sink both of them. 3 minutes into the battle .... rentals :cap_old:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 5

[JRM]
Players
6,303 posts
24,191 battles

What is this hydroacustic search thingy, eh? :cap_old:

[R7S]
[R7S]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
254 posts
12,188 battles
5 minutes ago, lup3s said:

Enemy has two rental Z52s; I'm in Shima. I see a smoke and torp it .. sink both of them. 3 minutes into the battle .... rentals :cap_old:

100 % of the time, those 2 "genius" DDs would be in MY team, ranked, random or whatever... <Sigh>...:Smile_sad:

• Funny 2

[MORIA]
Players
7,313 posts
36,044 battles
5 hours ago, Yedwy said:

IDK m8, r10 and beyond seems rentals are pretty rare sight, cv are not however, ar one point yesterday there were 9-11 of them in que battle after battle

On rank 9 I see cv every 4th one. 

[I-J-N]
Players
4,161 posts

Ranked for me is mostly ruined not by rental ships but by dastardly radar cruisers players who think it's fun idea to sneak behind a rock near the cap and flash their radar when my DD is caught unsupported and about 5 enemy ships open fire. :Smile-angry:

FYI 'dastardly' is not misspelled.

Players
3,304 posts
14,059 battles

Welcome to hell! Come join us and get toasty warm in this :etc_swear:show we call ranked. 

When you are expected to carry teams like this! 

727069240_worstteaminranked.thumb.png.1bb73810f2e22e8663cd5b8a406aa9bc.png

At least I kept my star.

1558705526_Midwayranked.png3.thumb.png.54511b0f2c5ab1838d7f56da58aa24d4.png

Players
3,220 posts
5 hours ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

In my opinion there should be no rentals in ranked.. If you haven't earned the higher tier ships you should not play them for free...

Like giving a 16 year old who has only ever ridden a Moped a top of the range sports car expecting it "NOT" to be wrecked within 5 minutes...

This mentality, like everything else, just sucks the fun out of ranked battles... WG you deliberately trying to kill the game?

By earned, do you people should have done the grind?

• Cool 1

Players
2,181 posts
2 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

By earned, do you people should have done the grind?

I do indeed.

• Cool 1

Players
3,220 posts
Just now, Migantium_Mashum said:

I do indeed.

Oh goody then I have earned the right to play mine, lol not very well mind you but at least I try, normally I take the Monty, but I had a few games in my Haku after some kind forumites aided my use of her:cap_like:

• Cool 1

Players
2,181 posts
Just now, NoobySkooby said:

Oh goody then I have earned the right to play mine, lol not very well mind you but at least I try, normally I take the Monty, but I had a few games in my Haku after some kind forumites aided my use of her:cap_like:

Lolz... if you've ground it you should use it... and that's my point.

You may have got there badly (In your opinion) but you have got there yourself not jumped into a game with a ship you cannot even navigate.

• Cool 1

Players
3,220 posts
2 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Lolz... if you've ground it you should use it... and that's my point.

You may have got there badly (In your opinion) but you have got there yourself not jumped into a game with a ship you cannot even navigate.

Many thanks those are encouraging words to the potato king that I am:cap_like:

• Cool 1

[TALOS]
Players
272 posts
10,264 battles

ok rank battles is not fun. never was...

with rentals u can farm points and money! I play now rank battles without thinking for the result, just farming. 

it is ridiculous but save me much frustration... 

Players
3,130 posts
10,599 battles

Basically we have 3 camps:

1) Poor gits that wanna play tier 10 rank but don't yet have the skill to back up their rent-a-ship.

2) The better players that want better players to play in both their team and the opposite.

3) WG and their own agenda

So which one is more important? because you can't have all 3 at tier 10.

[DK-CP]
Players
11 posts
33,255 battles

II think the rentals were a ok idea. Rentals if they are so bad they will be eventually weeded down and if they persist on keeping playing and they do learn by being outplayed every time they will grow up. If they do not then they are hopeless and humanity is really doomed to get extinct. This i got better by learning from better player than me. Stealing their tactics and use them for me. Cause everybody complains that X or Y is a bad player but hardly anyone tells them after the game what they did wrong and why. Some players do learn and want to improve!

• Bad 1

Players
2,181 posts
3 minutes ago, djfast said:

II think the rentals were a ok idea. Rentals if they are so bad they will be eventually weeded down and if they persist on keeping playing and they do learn by being outplayed every time they will grow up. If they do not then they are hopeless and humanity is really doomed to get extinct. This i got better by learning from better player than me. Stealing their tactics and use them for me. Cause everybody complains that X or Y is a bad player but hardly anyone tells them after the game what they did wrong and why. Some players do learn and want to improve!

So you think rentals are a good idea in ranked? At T10 you're happy for players who have made it up the chain by hard work to be subjected to the play of the lower tier performers?

Can my 8 year old Nephew borrow your car? He has played GTA 5 so shouldn't ruin it for you...

• Funny 2

Players
2,005 posts
13,054 battles

It was much better before with T8 for up to r10 and TX higher. At least newish ppl could try ranked in ships that they know, with all upgrades camos etc. 

• Cool 2