Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
pfcremus

why AA doesn't seem to be so effective!

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[ALONE]
Modder
2,136 posts
13,623 battles

Well, that's why they just nerved topspeed of planes. To ensure every plane get's some of that juicy AA. :fish_aqua:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TPF-]
Players
3,828 posts
15,755 battles
19 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

...how many more times do we need that posted? this is number six I think?

It never hurts to explain how badly WG have screwed this up, I think.

  • Cool 5
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TAW]
Players
219 posts
7,073 battles

It needs to get posted until WG are convinced they need to do something about it.

 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ROT8]
[ROT8]
Beta Tester
1,509 posts
10,008 battles

Mmm can see what's coming already 

Aa now loaded all the time

Aa is now op

Aa nerfed

Aa now at pre load problem damage

Aa now fixed 

 

Gg wg

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TPF-]
Players
3,828 posts
15,755 battles
12 minutes ago, Maihon said:

It needs to get posted until WG are convinced they need to do something about it.

It sort of does. I expect this is something that AA guns have inherited from secondaries. And in secondaries.... it makes sense. Can you imagine how miserable a DDs life would be against BBs with decent secondaries if they didn't have that loading pause? Every time it would be like coming round an island and finding a Fiji pointing its main guns at you... bad.

 

With Cruiser and BB AA it makes a measure of sense - a limited measure - but with DD AA, where you're supposed to keep your AA off until hard spotted, it makes no sense at all and it's clearly why "AA" DD with DP main guns and a limited mid/close range defence don't work very well. They need to change this for DD and other low-calibre main battery ships (Atlanta) ASAP. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,130 posts
10,584 battles

I just go from what i physically see in the game regarding AA. like LWM said, it's a crock.

 

The KIDD, Mino, Conq and Republic shred planes for me.

 

The Yam does well considering. The kurf doesn't stop much (fighter consumable does a decent job).

 

The Hood is pants AA wise now (for a defensive AA BB).

 

The Des is a mixed bag, not as good as it used to be, but still alright.

 

The Groz is alright. 

 

Not tried my Atlanta, Cleveland, Buffalo yet since the rework.

 

Can anyone shed some light on the new tier 10 Russian and Monty regarding AA?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ROT8]
[ROT8]
Beta Tester
1,509 posts
10,008 battles
2 hours ago, Redcap375 said:

I just go from what i physically see in the game regarding AA. like LWM said, it's a crock.

 

The KIDD, Mino, Conq and Republic shred planes for me.

 

The Yam does well considering. The kurf doesn't stop much (fighter consumable does a decent job).

 

The Hood is pants AA wise now (for a defensive AA BB).

 

The Des is a mixed bag, not as good as it used to be, but still alright.

 

The Groz is alright. 

 

Not tried my Atlanta, Cleveland, Buffalo yet since the rework.

 

Can anyone shed some light on the new tier 10 Russian and Monty regarding AA?

atlanta is garbage now and gets deleted by rocket fighters quickly

monty is still good especially with a AA build but if its on its own you can get a couple strikes of torps in most of the time before f rinse repeat

the Russian tier 10 can be a bit of a monster but it suffers badly to HE bombs and rockets but your gonna lose planes doing it and torps hit easily due to the size of the damn things

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,130 posts
10,584 battles
8 minutes ago, beercrazy said:

atlanta is garbage now and gets deleted by rocket fighters quickly

monty is still good especially with a AA build but if its on its own you can get a couple strikes of torps in most of the time before f rinse repeat

the Russian tier 10 can be a bit of a monster but it suffers badly to HE bombs and rockets but your gonna lose planes doing it and torps hit easily due to the size of the damn things

 

 

Atlanta garbage?

 

A purpose built AA ship that has pants AA?  Gotta try that tonight 

 

WG, you can fix that for a start! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BHSFL]
Players
3,412 posts
21 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

 

Atlanta garbage?

 

A purpose built AA ship that has pants AA?

 

WG, you can fix that for a start! 

 

 

 

It completely misses medium range AA and that is the kind of AA that does 80 % of the continuous damage compared to short range and long range continuous damage.

 

Then you are left for your main AA damage with long range FLAK explosion type damage that is dependend on aircraft being caught in the explosion's sphere. The only chance that works is having higher ROF, more flak clouds and more damage caught in the explosion spheres. Especially faster ROF and more FLAK clouds ( module ) are pretty important there.

 

It does throw up 7 FLAK clouds with the module from 5.8 km to 1.8 km so 4 km's of a lot of FLAK explosions on incoming aircraft. But it is the medium AA with the high continuous damage component that makes real AA Cruisers really dangerous. Atlanta doesn't have it.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TPF-]
Players
3,828 posts
15,755 battles

By the end of WW2 the surviving Atlantas (San Diego, San Juan) were much better but to be honest they're never going to have great mid range AA due to their size... that's why something like Boise, Helena or New Orleans is a better bet - they have mid range AA, DFAA and Fighters....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MORIA]
Players
7,309 posts
36,016 battles
2 hours ago, Redcap375 said:

I just go from what i physically see in the game regarding AA. like LWM said, it's a crock.

 

The KIDD, Mino, Conq and Republic shred planes for me.

 

The Yam does well considering. The kurf doesn't stop much (fighter consumable does a decent job).

 

The Hood is pants AA wise now (for a defensive AA BB).

 

The Des is a mixed bag, not as good as it used to be, but still alright.

 

The Groz is alright. 

 

Not tried my Atlanta, Cleveland, Buffalo yet since the rework.

 

Can anyone shed some light on the new tier 10 Russian and Monty regarding AA?

Atlanta is garbage now in comparison to what it was , the AA can do ok just against T6 and kaga planes (GZ maybe). Other T8 can devastate her. Flint is better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BOBS3]
Players
1,009 posts
18,655 battles

The speed nerf should help the Atlanta a bit as they will be longer in the Long Range Aura - but not by much

:Smile_sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×