You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
fireflies117

coal and steel

24 comments in this topic

Players
40 posts
2,577 battles

At this moment i am gathering resources to unlock the salem. However in the armory, when i look at the remaining coal for the salem, the steel I have isn't deducted from the price at the current rate of 1:10.

Is there a possibility to add the steel to this value?

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
5 minutes ago, fireflies117 said:

At this moment i am gathering resources to unlock the salem. However in the armory, when i look at the remaining coal for the salem, the steel I have isn't deducted from the price at the current rate of 1:10.

pls pls dont convert steel to coal...it is ...blasphemy :)

• Cool 10

[SHAFT]
Players
9,516 posts
8,849 battles

When you want to buy the Salem, the game will use steel if you have not enough Coal. Also conversion rate of 1:10 shouldnt be that hard to add together :cap_hmm:

Just to make sure tho: I advice NOT to change steel for coal!

• Cool 3

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
1,949 posts
12,063 battles
9 minutes ago, fireflies117 said:

It would be done automatically if your steel AND your coal would be enough. But I suggest like the rest not to convert steel as it's harder to obtain. 

Players
40 posts
2,577 battles

Thank you for all the replies.

However for me for the same value. Coal is harder to get, with the ranked and clan battles

[TACHA]
Players
1,413 posts
15,607 battles

Steel ships are better than the ones you get for coal. Burning up steel is a very short term measure which you may regret later. But it is your resource so therefore yours to do with as you wish.

Players
317 posts
7,683 battles
9 minutes ago, fireflies117 said:

However for me for the same value. Coal is harder to get, with the ranked and clan battles

If you can get all 3 containers a day you can get a guaranteed 1200 coal if you choose the ‘more resources’ crates.  You’ll more than likely get more than 1200 though, I’ve gotten quite a few crates with only coal in so 1200 from just one crate.  

• Cool 2

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,090 posts
8,430 battles
21 minutes ago, fireflies117 said:

Getting a large amount of steel is much much harder than getting coal. Getting steel now might seem easy since we just had clan battles and now ranked started again, but after that there will be a long drought before steel becomes avaliable again.

Daily mission chains, containers and those victory containers throw coal at you while the steel you get from ranked is finite at best.

Players
2,831 posts
19,197 battles
33 minutes ago, fireflies117 said:

this is even more objectively false than any  of mr trumps lies..... :Smile_facepalm:

• Funny 4

Players
40 posts
2,577 battles
2 minutes ago, Gojuadorai said:

this is even more objectively false than any  of mr trumps lies..... :Smile_facepalm:

This is how it looked for me. My opinion is subjective and can't be wrong or right.

Beta Tester
3,285 posts
14,063 battles
4 minutes ago, fireflies117 said:

This is how it looked for me. My opinion is subjective and can't be wrong or right.

Steel is harder to get, as you get that one for Ranked and CW. 

Not coal. Coal you can get ever day from daily containers etc. 

Btw that was a fact, not an opinion and that fact was objectively wrong. 

• Cool 1

Players
2,831 posts
19,197 battles
Just now, fireflies117 said:

My opinion is subjective and can't be wrong or right.

your feelings are subjective and cant be wrong
your opinion is also subjective but it can be false....

e.g. if youre of the opinion 2+2=lama youre wrong !

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

WoWs Wiki Team, Supertester, Privateer
1,949 posts
12,063 battles
39 minutes ago, fireflies117 said:

You can earn at least 1600 per day while doing missions and getting containers with resources. And it's even possible to get 3x1200 (containers) plus the 2x200 (missions).

Players
40 posts
2,577 battles

Thank you all for the replies. I am still a few thousand coal away from the salem, so i have plenty of time to think about it.

Players
40 posts
2,577 battles
28 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

This dude when he first hears about "THE STALINGRAD" after having converted his steel (eBay account?) into coal:

marvin.jpg

btw, i know the stalingrad. i played CB's remember

Players
1,997 posts
13,049 battles

Do not forget that in a 3 weeks time we will get another ship discount coupon.

• Cool 1

Players
3,220 posts
6 hours ago, veslingr said:

pls pls dont convert steel to coal...it is ...blasphemy :)

You can actually do that?

So how do you actually do it,just been in game now and whilst it tell me  1 steel = 10 coal, gives no indication of how to do the conversion.

[I-J-N]
Players
4,148 posts
37 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

So how do you actually do it,just been in game now and whilst it tell me  1 steel = 10 coal, gives no indication of how to do the conversion.

:Smile_ohmy:

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,591 posts
4 hours ago, NoobySkooby said:

It's automatic, when you buy something you don't have enough coal for.

• Cool 1

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,476 posts
13,451 battles

Unless I'm mistaken, does the game not automatically offer to convert steel into coal for you if you try to buy something when you dont have enough coal but you do have enough coal+steel?

Either way, do not convert the steel into coal. I own everything that can be bought with coal and am sitting on a further 500k of it, yet I am still 60k+ steel short of buying everything of that and even for this entire ranked season I can only earn 5.5k. You may quite likely find yourself in the same situation one day.

• Cool 1

[BOATX]
Beta Tester
5,170 posts
23,679 battles

What everybody said... Do NOT convert steel for coal... 

[THESO]
Players
571 posts
11,426 battles
19 hours ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

Unless I'm mistaken, does the game not automatically offer to convert steel into coal for you if you try to buy something when you dont have enough coal but you do have enough coal+steel?

Yes, but it doesn't tell how much more coal you need in case you're ready to spend all your steel as well. It's somewhat confusing.

I just realized that by using all my coal, all my steel and the coupon, I can buy Salem in just a couple of days. I don't really play enough ranked to get any significant amounts of steel anytime soon, life's too short, YOLO, etc... Salem here I come! :Smile_bajan2: