13,621 battles

Strangely these changes were called buffs in the patchnotes. :cap_hmm:

• Funny 3

[DREAD]
Players
9,568 posts
6,733 battles

@MrConway

Sehales forwarded already that GZ “feels” strange after 0.8.4.

However there seem to be problems with citadelling enemies with the new drop characteristics.

But even worse the bomb accuracy feels terrible now - can you confirm whether the HE DB Nerf has been applied to GZ’s AP Bombers as well? 

“Owing to the specifics of their in-game mechanics, as well as the peculiarities of aiming and bomb dispersion, dive bombers carrying HE bombs were able to easily deliver multiple hits on a destroyer. Even maneuverable targets, like destroyers, could do little to escape the painful punch that dive bombers were able to connect. To provide destroyers with an opportunity to take countermeasures in such situations, we’ve:

Increased the altitude at which bombs are released.

Narrowed the reticle's ellipse and made it longer in shape.

Changed the distribution of bombs within the reticle's ellipse (bombs will now fall closer to the edge of the aiming edge more often, and more rarely at its center).

The reticle aiming settings have also been changed in order to preserve the interaction between HE dive bombers and other ship types. Aiming will begin during the preparation stage for an attack and will happen quicker, while flight maneuvering will have less of an effect on it.”

[TAW]
Players
26 posts
7,572 battles

I played 2 games in it - did my lowest ever damage and was "deplaned" 7 minutes in - at one point a Missouri was about 4k away from me (behind big island on 2 brothers) and he was shooting down my planes as they took off......

*not gonna talk about the HE bomb changed - killed off the USN line imho*

[DEFR]
Players
1,234 posts
3 hours ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

The reticle aiming settings have also been changed in order to preserve the interaction between HE dive bombers and other ship types. Aiming will begin during the preparation stage for an attack and will happen quicker, while flight maneuvering will have less of an effect on it.”

Just mentioned this in another topic. Now when you start a bomb run, just before the aiming goes over the target ship, it speeds up really fast (compared to before) leaving you hardly any time to click the mouse when the cross air is over the ship. You have like a split second now to click the mouse (which was far slower before this patch). They might have increased AP pen on bombs because of the speed nerf to try and give it something back. But  now you have this crazy 100mph acceleration on the aiming when passing over a ship. You literally don't have time to pick any (center) spot to drop bombs on, it's just click the mouse dead fast and hope the cross air landed anywhere on the ship before the aiming over-shoots it - if you attack a ship from the side on (and not length ways)

• Cool 1

[UAC]
Players
659 posts
2,215 battles
On 5/31/2019 at 9:30 PM, 1MajorKoenig said:

@MrConway

Sehales forwarded already that GZ “feels” strange after 0.8.4.

However there seem to be problems with citadelling enemies with the new drop characteristics.

But even worse the bomb accuracy feels terrible now - can you confirm whether the HE DB Nerf has been applied to GZ’s AP Bombers as well? 

“Owing to the specifics of their in-game mechanics, as well as the peculiarities of aiming and bomb dispersion, dive bombers carrying HE bombs were able to easily deliver multiple hits on a destroyer. Even maneuverable targets, like destroyers, could do little to escape the painful punch that dive bombers were able to connect. To provide destroyers with an opportunity to take countermeasures in such situations, we’ve:

Increased the altitude at which bombs are released.

Narrowed the reticle's ellipse and made it longer in shape.

Changed the distribution of bombs within the reticle's ellipse (bombs will now fall closer to the edge of the aiming edge more often, and more rarely at its center).

Poor destroyers, need nerf to CV's because they can't dodge dive bombers.....

Geez....if only they had some kind of concealment......something like a smoke screen :Smile_facepalm:

Edited by Filipin00
Forgot to put quote....

[CROTZ]
Beta Tester
1,196 posts
8,163 battles

If something is OP in this game, it will always be nerfed to bits at some point :D

Keep that in mind for future items...

Wishing a nice time in WoWs

:cat_paw:

• Funny 2

[UAC]
Players
659 posts
2,215 battles
2 minutes ago, AirSupremacy said:

If something is OP in this game, it will always be nerfed to bits at some point :D

Keep that in mind for future items...

Wishing a nice time in WoWs

So basically, I paid 50€ for what.......hearing a jericho trumpet during DB attack?

For fu** God's sake I can do that with mods myself and with any CV :Smile_veryhappy:

[DEFR]
Players
1,234 posts

These AP bombs on the Graff now is a joke, not even worth trying to use them. WG need to get this fixed with Graff, 1 pound cheaper than buying Enterprise and it wipes the floor with Graff. I have both premium CVs to know!

• Funny 1

[UAC]
Players
659 posts
2,215 battles
1 minute ago, s73r01d said:

If someone have any news for GZ in 0.8.4 please share, especialy something from WG staff would be appreciated. 

If you mean info on changes to GZ, speed was nerfed, top speed is no longer 260 kts, rather around 226 kts (220 without the captain's speed perk whatever), dive bombers attack pattern has been nerfed so that bombs are now inefficient and can't score a proper damaging hit worth the time and effort of attacking....(either overpens that do 700 per bomb, pens that do max 2310 if you don't hit citadel and 1 in a million citadel hits that do max damage of 7k per bomb), dispersion of bombs (aka RNG) when dropping bombs has been nerfed so often a fully aimed drop will result in complete miss........:Smile_sceptic:

Everything else is pretty okay, good luck actually dealing any significant damage to enemy ships with (at best) 3k dmg per drop.....on the ships that have over 50k health and rather healthy AA:Smile_veryhappy:

[UAC]
Players
659 posts
2,215 battles
On 6/7/2019 at 2:53 PM, s73r01d said:

Next patch should be 2ndaries, only those have left working on the Graf...

DON'T give them ideas!!:Smile_trollface:

[UAC]
Players
659 posts
2,215 battles
10 minutes ago, AirSupremacy said:

G.K. Secondaries on a Russian CV + Russian Armor would be superb. ;D

Russian armor? Oh the non-existent one like on pyotr velikiy or izmail?

[WOW]
Players
2 posts
6,204 battles

I have been playing this game for years and have never written anything in the forum. I have also been speending alot of cash in those years. 

I have generally learnt to take changes to the game philosophically and try to adapt to what WG is doing, because hey it´s their game not mine. 

The Change in 8.4 to the Zep is however something I just cant get my head around. Did nobody  bother to test the changes to the AP Bombers???? Do you guys just change thingswithout bothering to work out what the consequences are? It took me 20 mins in a Training room with a Montana to work out that you can no longer get citadel hits from the AP Bombers. I did an average of About 1.5k per bombing run on a sitting Montana with the AA turned off. In which world does anyone think that is a good idea????

• Cool 1

Players
316 posts
10,348 battles
On 6/5/2019 at 1:08 PM, Filipin00 said:

So basically, I paid 50€ for what.......hearing a jericho trumpet during DB attack?

For fu** God's sake I can do that with mods myself and with any CV :Smile_veryhappy:

What Jericho trumpet? - it has not even got Stukas or 109's for that matter - this ship has been a disaster since launch, which ironically never happened IRL. :etc_swear:

I had most fun in it pre rework where I was trusted with a hydro and the ability to control my own hull. 

• Cool 1

[UAC]
Players
659 posts
2,215 battles
15 minutes ago, farnster said:

I have been playing this game for years and have never written anything in the forum. I have also been speending alot of cash in those years. 

I have generally learnt to take changes to the game philosophically and try to adapt to what WG is doing, because hey it´s their game not mine. 

The Change in 8.4 to the Zep is however something I just cant get my head around. Did nobody  bother to test the changes to the AP Bombers???? Do you guys just change thingswithout bothering to work out what the consequences are? It took me 20 mins in a Training room with a Montana to work out that you can no longer get citadel hits from the AP Bombers. I did an average of About 1.5k per bombing run on a sitting Montana with the AA turned off. In which world does anyone think that is a good idea????

Today I was in the training room and got like 4 citadels, 2 x 2 in a row on Montana, it's not the issue.

The issue is RNG and AA that cripples the planes because of long time spending in the AA while doing the attack.

Here, take a look at this. Hope it helps somewhat. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this