You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_Lupastro_

How should I play this.... thing??

6 comments in this topic

Players
380 posts
7,605 battles

Greetings commanders,

First of all forgive my Klingonian English but it is not my native language. I know I'm an average player and I certainly have to learn a lot more and despite knowing the current META I decided to take the AL Yukikaze, mainly because I like to play with the DD and because I found terribly kawaii that black bow on the bow :Smile_veryhappy:

But dear WG this thing is really frustrating to play if not totally useless in a game. Being a DD T8 is often stuck into battles of T 10, and I would also be fine, if it were not that it is a hornet's nest. C'mon this doesn't want to be the usual topic of complaints about how there are too many radars, planes and sonars but give me a chanche to have fun and deal some damage. This ship does not make any sense in matches where the radars abound and there are maybe even 2 CVs!!  Ok has a very very low range of detection and its torpedoes are very fast but: in a firefight against another DD you come out most likely defeated or severely damaged, the guns are not really so good  and the HP somewhat low, the torpedoes even fast have a ridiculous range of only 8 km and are first spotted to 1,8 km, which makes them avoidable even crossing the fire, practically are devastating only at close range. If you hide in the smoke and fire your guns will shoot even up to 9.4 km! Are you kidding? I could tell the sailors to shoot with AK 47! The AA is totally non-existent. The only way to be effective in battle is to stay on the edge of the map by keeping spotted the enemy, hoping that no plane arrives, or attacking isolated BB and without that nearby are cruisers with radar and still hoping that no planes arrive..:cap_look:

And do not trust too much of the Youtube videos where people show epic battles where they make 150000 dmg.. because it's one every hundred.. and the other 99?

I have never done post of complaints about the features of ships, because each has its own and each player has more skill or not to exploit them but this is really unplayable, or rather is totally frustrating.

I think this ship deserves a small upgrade, I think it is enough to bring the radius of the torpedoes to 10km in order to make launches from a somewhat safer position or to improve its guns... So give me a chance of fun I do not ask an OP ship afterall!:etc_swear:

That's what I meant....

shot-19.05.30_16.50.54-0641.jpg

shot-19.05.30_17.10.33-0790.jpg

shot-19.05.30_17.10.36-0112.jpg

shot-19.05.30_17.10.41-0440.jpg

Players
380 posts
7,605 battles
3 ore fa, ___V_E_N_O_M___ ha scritto:

Press P to turn off your AA, CVs will find it harder to spot you

sure I always do that. But the AA range is equal to the air detection range so this not exactly a valuable suggestion.

[SM0KE]
Players
5,436 posts
13,399 battles

In the past, this is exactly the sort of premium I would have bought day one; this time, I passed:

1) It's over-priced (by about a fiver).

2) It's the epitome of the sort of DD that is (arguably) largely worthless for most players in the teeth of CVs.

If you want some semi-sensible advice, try divisioning with a CV (you'll generally see planes regardless, so what the hell), and get him to plonk fighters over you every so often; I managed to keep a Yukikaze alive for quite a long time in the teeth of some quite serious plane attacks with my CV (can't remember which one - might have been Ranger) the other week. If it was Ranger though, that means it was against only T6 planes of course...

• Cool 1

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,374 posts
17,545 battles

Unfortunately, this is not a problem with you but instead with your ship. I'm afraid getting better won't yield much results. The Yukikaze runs F3s which, like the Kurfurst and the Khabarovsk, is a relic of a former age. Nowadays, the density of radar, hydroacoustics, and planes has rendered her mostly obsolete. There is nothing I can say to console you but that you are not doing anything wrong but that it is the simple fact that your ship can no longer stand up to the meta of the present day.

As for the issue of having a massive gun bloom when firing in smoke. That shouldn't happen. If it does happen consistently, then send in the replay as a bug report.

• Cool 3