Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
pfcremus

Can somebody explain 0 dmg pens to me?

20 comments in this topic

[ROPS]
Players
90 posts
6,291 battles

what the actual [edited]is happening lately, lots of pens but 0 dmg. i just had a game and i landed 6 penetrations on a worcester for 0 dmg, with kurfurst at 13 km away. wtf is happening to this game lately? :etc_swear::etc_swear::etc_swear:

Edit: Title edited.

• Boring 1

[-TAP-]
Players
269 posts
7,911 battles
8 minutes ago, pfcremus said:

what the actual [edited]is happening lately, lots of pens but 0 dmg. i just had a game and i landed 6 penetrations on a worcester for 0 dmg, with kurfurst at 13 km away. wtf is happening to this game lately? :etc_swear::etc_swear::etc_swear:

That was either modules absorbing the shells (most likely option) or pens on damage saturated areas.

• Cool 1

[ROPS]
Players
90 posts
6,291 battles

i was mainly refering to penetrations but no damage, don't tell me this is a new thing, its been going on for a long time. [edited]shells pens but don't do any damage. 

[CATS]
Players
26,032 posts
14,064 battles
5 minutes ago, pfcremus said:

i was mainly refering to penetrations but no damage, don't tell me this is a new thing, its been going on for a long time. [edited]shells pens but don't do any damage. 

Why do you ask when you know that?

• Cool 1

[ROPS]
Players
90 posts
6,291 battles
17 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Why do you ask when you know that?

because recently i only get those, nothing else, i play a bb i get ALL DAY [edited]0 DMG PENS. 

zao at 14 km, u guess it right, 2 [edited]pens 0 dmg

shot-19.05.29_14.55.05-0444.jpg

[CATS]
Players
26,032 posts
14,064 battles
5 minutes ago, pfcremus said:

because recently i only get those, nothing else, i play a bb i get ALL DAY [edited]0 DMG PENS. 

shot-19.05.29_14.55.05-0444.jpg

You know what RNG is?

And I bet you do not end up with 0 damage after 20 minutes....

[-TAP-]
Players
269 posts
7,911 battles
4 minutes ago, pfcremus said:

I'll be honest, I don't for a moment believe that you've managed to play for an entire day in a BB and got solely zero damage penetrations.

That said, I've explained the two reasons you can get the zero damage pen result, so . . . enjoy the rest of your day.

Players
3,999 posts

One of many reasons I stopped playing.

Along with poorly executed CV rework, AA mechanics (magic), over-penetrations when there should not be any, 0 dmg penetrations, MM, brainless playerbase that cant even play OPS ....

I could go on and on ... but why... in the end its my call.

The game makes no sense for me anymore ... things I learned over years feel like they were chucked outa window.

[ALONE]
Modder
2,129 posts
13,609 battles

I like such meaningful thread-titles. :Smile_bajan2:

At topic: No-damage-penetrations (on modules) are bound to be removed and currently tested on the Testserver (currently testing 10% damage to hull)

[-TAP-]
Players
269 posts
7,911 battles
2 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

?????????????????? 

10/10 post, would read again.

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,720 posts
10,106 battles

Dear OP,

If you need more knowledge about some mechanics,

please try to ask in a more calm way.

Putting a title to your post will certainly help..

and asking people here to help you, will really give good results, trust me.

About the subject,

the modules, turrets, torpedo bulge, spaced armor...

If you manage to pen them, not the armor behind them and fail to incapacite the said module,

you will have a penetration ribbon with 0 damage.

If you happen to follow development thread, you'll see that in the next supertest phase,

they are putting new ribbons into game to try to show this kind of penetrations.

So..

Summary: Perfectly ok mechanic, working as intended. Nothing wrong with the game.

• Cool 1

[D-P-B]
[D-P-B]
Players
47 posts
12,995 battles

I had a salvo that had 6 penetrations with zero damage from my BB. This was on an unblemished ship right at the start of the battle. 

Now, that's a bare minimum of 6 four foot holes in the side of the ship plus any internal damage. How can that result in zero damage?

[BAD-A]
Players
69 posts
9,646 battles

Nah, the OP is right about an increase in the number of them happening recently.

The proof is WG are making changes... they ain't doing it because it's a minor issue, those just get ignored. Putting ribbons and 10% dmg in is the equivalent of painting over the cracks in their shoddy coding rather than properly fixing it.

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,360 posts

Some ships have armoured belts some distance behind the ship's thin outer skin......i recon you get a pen ( thin ship plating ) that does no damage since that plating is to protect from weather and water and gives no structural strenght to the ship , does not activate the fuse and shatters or bounces in the ship producing no further ribbons since you got the pen one already. You dont get an overpen because it does not fly through the ship unhindered but meets the armoured belt inside.

It is that, or a bug.

If it is the situation i described it will always be the same type ships it happens with.

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,591 posts
5 hours ago, Excavatus said:

the modules, turrets, torpedo bulge, spaced armor...

What armour in the game is explicitly considered spaced by the game? How can one tell?

[THESO]
[THESO]
3,720 posts
10,106 battles
13 hours ago, StringWitch said:

What armour in the game is explicitly considered spaced by the game? How can one tell?

Spaced armors are usually the torpedo bulges.

You have your general ship armor, and a thick belt on it as torpedo belt.

so you penetrate the torpedo belt, but the remaining energy on the shell fails to penetrate the armor behind it.

But I believe there are more informed people to give more detailed explanations about the issue.

Players
40 posts
2,577 battles

There are numerous reasons why you don't get damage for a penetrating hit.

1) hitting a completely damage saturated part of the ship

2) Only penetrating the torpedo bulges and not the rest of the armor. Torpedo bulges are designed to prevent damage to the ship.

3) Penetrating a module and failing the penetrate the rest of the hull. Modules have their own hp pool which isn't part of the hp pool of the ship.

Here is a more thorough guide about dealing damage in wows:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/41728-dealing-damage-in-wows/

Sign in to follow this