Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Atankean

Before you rent your ship for Ranked....

17 comments in this topic

Players
203 posts
3,270 battles

..you might wanna turn your attention toward the following:

- WG is "comfortable" enough to allow T10 CVs back into Ranked BUT obviously not comfortable "enough" to allow them to be rented

- If you look at the ships that can be rented, there seems to be a common theme. Everything that has a "close" relation to Air can NOT be rented. What do I mean by that? You cant rent CVs but you also can not rent the best ships against CVs (Mino, Worcester for example).

If I were a suspicious and sceptical person (which incidentally I AM), I would really smell some kind of "foul play" here.

I think we can all agree that especially in higher levels, ranked will be dominated by two types of ships. CVs and ships with the best Anti Air. Both of which CANNOT be rented.....let that sink in for a moment. So the message is clear, "everyone can participate in ranked but those who want to reach high ranks, they will have to pay for the "Meta Ships" (unless they allready have em of course).

I had hoped they somehow managed to get past these "cheap F2P schemes" but it seems they havent.

If you wanna play only a couple ranked matches and you are not interested in high ranks, then this probably does not apply to you by the way. Low ranks are much more like normal random battles where the "meta" has not that much effect yet but I may be wrong this season though. So dont take my word for it.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

the people that would have to rely on Rental ships won't be able to hack it at the top ranks anyway - and conversely, if you're good enough for the top ranks, you're not gonna gimp yourself by using a rental ship that you're relatively unfamiliar with - you're much better off with a fully specced and equiped ship that you know inside and out.

• Cool 10

[BHSFL]
Players
3,484 posts
26 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

the people that would have to rely on Rental ships won't be able to hack it at the top ranks anyway - and conversely, if you're good enough for the top ranks, you're not gonna gimp yourself by using a rental ship that you're relatively unfamiliar with - you're much better off with a fully specced and equiped ship that you know inside and out.

This sounds 100 % correct.

Also likely they do not want every ship that is not a CV to be an AA cruiser, and influence that what they can influence : giving out rentals making sure they will not unbalance matches or cause long waiting queues for cruisers.

[WCWVE]
Players
1,022 posts
16,473 battles

Who needs the rental ships anyway, during the last clan wars season the rental ships have just sat in port without even a commander assigned to them because I have every silver T10 ship (and will be able to get the Russian Battleships with free experience for the new ranked season as Vladi has more than 200k Experience and I also have more than 400k free experience)

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,394 posts
7,276 battles

I dont agree with your assesment. 

Grozovoi has probably the best AA for a DD.

Gearings is not bad, but relies on flak clouds + DFAA so not great against a "good" cv but quite nice against a potato one.

Montana has decent AA.

Minotaur/Worc arent the most forgiving ships, as a rental they would likely die v.quickly. Since people using rentals are likely to be people that dont own a tier X, putting them in a mino wouldnt be that good an idea.

Regarding rental CV my guess would be to manage queue times. Since reddit etc have been busy pushing the narrative that CV are ultra easy mode OP that deletes all other ships for no plane loss ever, and that simply choosing a CV is a guaranteed win then I would imagine rental CV would have been over popular due to all the potatoes thinking it would be;

-choose CV

-Press battle

???

-Rank 1!

• Cool 3

Players
311 posts
14,107 battles
1 hour ago, Sturmtiger_304 said:

I'm not gonna deal with this CV meta bs. Salem to rank 1 it is.

Salem is awsome beacuse of AA and its have awsome heal to use against Midway and Audacius but that heal will be useless when Haku find your citadel for 20k dmg which gona stay like that to the end of battle.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,484 posts
8 hours ago, Xevious_Red said:

Regarding rental CV my guess would be to manage queue times. Since reddit etc have been busy pushing the narrative that CV are ultra easy mode OP that deletes all other ships for no plane loss ever, and that simply choosing a CV is a guaranteed win then I would imagine rental CV would have been over popular due to all the potatoes thinking it would be;

-choose CV

-Press battle

???

-Rank 1!

That is not how it works....if you are not experienced this will happen :

- Choose CV

- Press Battle

????

- All planes exploded before even dropping weapons, again, again, again

- 0 planes on deck

- No rank attained.

- Frustration

Forget the "unlimited" planes. That is only if you can bring most of them back alive plus some respawning ones. If you lose every squadron you will see 0 on your deck, and many precious minutes later where you could do nothing at all you may have 2 new planes in a squadron...that ignite on contact with AA as damage is spread over all aircraft in a squadron. If that is 2 aircraft : zapppp

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,064 posts
19,619 battles
10 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

So True

BUT that Said........

@MrConway @Tuccy

Please Please PLEASE  NO rental CV

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
725 posts
12,010 battles

At least once good decision by WG, it is enough that such potatoes as me will try out Haku and Mino in ranked.

Have both, played both, suck in both. Will be fun :D

LM mino or radar mino will be a meta?

[BOATX]
Beta Tester
5,173 posts
23,731 battles
13 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

likely they do not want every ship that is not a CV to be an AA cruiser, and influence that what they can influence : giving out rentals making sure they will not unbalance matches or cause long waiting queues for cruisers.

Except that if each ranked game will have a CV in it, the second day it will be full of AA cruisers. 

• Cool 1

Players
2,030 posts
13,119 battles

The last thing I'd want is to have an inexperienced potato in a CV or Mino in my team. Besides, probably we will have enough CVs even without rentals. A lot of them freshly obtained for free xp by players without much prior experience in them. Hopefully in the enemy team.

Players
392 posts
7,897 battles

So CV will cap instead of other ships? ...right.

The people who do have tier 10 ships will have it geared towards AA or Anti-Radar. In the least, they will use RPF (specially DDs).

The people who rent such ships will have a handicap. Lack of camo to use for that extra detection or shell deflection (unless it is changed from CB rentals).

Ranked will need a swiss army tool ship to begin with. To cap, to kill, to move around the map in quick fashion. CV player will have a handicap with two of that three category mentioned. 

This will be an interesting Ranked with Carriers involved. We shall see...

Players
2,384 posts
15,336 battles
22 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

This sounds 100 % correct.

(...)

Only 99% correct. He missed one capital letter... :Smile_trollface:

22 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

the people (...)

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
1 minute ago, Skyllon said:

Only 99% correct. He missed one capital letter... :Smile_trollface:

I bow my head in shame. :Smile_hiding:

Players
203 posts
3,270 battles

As I can see from the comments I am not the only sceptic here :). However, most of you are sceptical about my version of things (which is fair enough since I am just pointing out a possible theory).

All I wanted to do with my post was to point out how odd it is that CVs and their most known "counters" are not among the rented ships. I have no official reason for that quite yet and so I can only speculate.

I speculated on the "negative" side (for us players) and some of you (Xevious_Red for example), speculated on the "positive" side. And their speculation sounds fair enough.

Just a little background for my "pessimism". With everything going on in the gaming industry lastly (and in Hollywood) I realized one thing; while we play their games, they play with us!

The levels of pyschological manipulation of consumers in the entertainment industry has reached such levels, that it stopped being a form of Art long ago and turned into mathematical equations.

I am sure most of you come across some form of "heated debate" about the one or other Entertainment product, like EA Games or a TV Series or Movies...did you knew that the producers or "CEOs" are calculating with certain amounts of "backlash" from fans and/or debates or "shtstorms"? they follow the age old formula "any publicity is good publicity". If an entertainment product is hated by some, so the calculations, then those will clash with those who love it and therefore spread the "popularity" of their product. If they reach 10 000 000 people this way and 9 000 000 hate it and 1 000 000 buy it for 50 $ each....thats still 50 000 000 $.

Its a twisted logic that no sane human being could really come up with but we are talking entertainment business here...there are no sane human beings at the CEO Levels.

Thats why I think of the worst when I come across something like this. I just dont trust them anymore.

BUT! I could be wrong so pls remember to think for yourself.

Players
6,839 posts
245 battles

Also why do non clan players get these rental ships anyways? Its not like im going to be joining a clan anytime soon (well uni for this year finishes soon hoorah) and i cant plsy the sodding things in randoms so i can have a feel of whether i like the ships or not.

Sign in to follow this