Sign in to follow this  
WG_Lumberjack

0.8.4 - Reduced Battle Loading Time

5 comments in this topic

WG Staff
2,392 posts
4,270 battles

Captains!

We are constantly working to optimize our game, resulting in positive effects on all aspects of game performance, including battle loading time. The textures streaming fix that we implemented in Update 0.8.3 has benefitted players with a significant reduction in the average battle loading time. With Update 0.8.4, the battle loading time will be reduced from 45 to 30 seconds.

Check out the full article here.

Players
156 posts
7,828 battles

Nope still loads as slow as a snail, maybe invest in better quality servers instead of minor tweaks to the game that make no difference.

[FLYD]
Players
1,371 posts
13,072 battles

While i apreciate the general reduction it does not help that the UI does Freeze over so hard that i litteraly get thrown into Battle without a clue what map and how my team is composed.

Players
387 posts

Since the last update, until early this morning i was regularly thrown into battle with zero preparation time, i.e. queued for a few seconds, countdown froze around 15 seconds and the map was loaded and the screen unfroze +3 seconds into battle. And when returning from the results screens to port it took 20-30 seconds. But: as of today that seems to have been fixed. Thank you for that. : )

Thought i'd just post a positive feedback so you know what worked (for me at least) and because continuous beating doesn't always improve morale ;->

P.S. when i came back to playing this evening all went gooey again :-/ only difference i can see from my side is number of players on the server... at least it worked fine as long as there were less than 20k people logged in.

P.P.S. fyi: whenever the number of players on the server is >20k the time to return to port goes up >>25 seconds. That correlation applies to the other points as well. atm it takes ~30 s to return to port, lag when entering battle puts me in the map /w ~ -2 - 10 s before the match starts. Feed the Hamsters extra nomnom during peak hours plz ;-)

Edited by HentaiSquirrel
laus praecox, p.p.s

[LEEUW]
Players
439 posts
7,032 battles

Reduced loading time is ok.

Players that ain't there at the start mostly are not the players the team needs anyway. :cat_cool:

Sign in to follow this