Sign in to follow this  
WG_Lumberjack

0.8.4 - New map "Greece" & map changes

4 comments in this topic

WG Staff
2,392 posts
4,270 battles

Captains!

In Update 0.8.4 a new map called "Greece" will appear in the game for Tier IX–X battles in Domination mode. The map has two versions: one with three and one with four key areas. It also features the Thunderstorm Front, which has a 25% chance of appearing in Tier X battles.

The visuals of the map were inspired by the landscape of Santorini Island, but its atmosphere will be wet and dreary.

Check out the full article here.

Should your feedback concern one of the following topics, please leave feedback in the thread linked below.

Players
1,072 posts
12,525 battles

TBH the map doesn't feel like Greece at all, it feels more like The Outer Hebrides. Have been to Greece many times in the past and even visited Santorini that the map is meant to be based on and while yes you do get that large variety of rock types due to the volcanic location I have never seen it so dreary even in a torrential squall. The map needs something to actually give a hint to the location it was inspired by cause atm it could be any location in the world with bad weather and past volcanic activity, maybe put some villages or ancient ruins on some of the islands (moored up fishing boats in small harbours?), also maybe add a good weather version as well?

Can't really say about the game-play balance on the map as I have only had it once so far and I was in a CV which you have a completely different perspective on how to play the map.

[FLYD]
Players
1,350 posts
13,062 battles

Greecemap in ranked feels very unbalanced the Southern Team has loads and loads of cover while the north has not much.

Games usually tend to play out on who can hold ALPHA Cap and the northern team has little to no cover there while the south get a solid island that is very hard to dislodge.

Same goes for the C cap where are 3 solid positions in the south while the north gets not much at all and can hardly defend as eefective as the south.

In short unless you are a crazy insane cruiser that can rush A and get it you will lose this map from the north.

19155076-7bae-11e9-82a6-38eaa735f4cc_1200x.thumb.jpg.1be83ae8b2b9e18e9848cdbca9931962.jpg

[NUKED]
Players
472 posts
12,832 battles

Not sure where you would play a moskva/stalingrad on this map. I thought the 8 line (from north) would be good, but it seems that this isnt perfect at all.

Sign in to follow this