You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_Ghostship_

Minotauer and Jean Bart need Anti-Air nerf

76 comments in this topic

[KLAR]
Players
132 posts
2,806 battles

Both Ships, Minotauer and Jean Bart need an AA-nerf really bad. 

Mino can kill a whole squad in 3-4 Secounds, Jean Bart takes a bit longer but is still really bad. There no way you can do a succesful attack on them. 

I know some ships have better AA and some not, but there should be no ship that is invulnerable to air-attacks.

Regards

• Cool 1
  • Funny 17
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 13

[CROTZ]
Beta Tester
1,196 posts
8,163 battles

Negativo IMHO in the interest of the overall game balance, against my own interest.

99% CV player.

It`s hardcore to play against 3x Mino`s, but we are used to tough challenges.

Players
6,760 posts
245 battles

Yeah, no.

They have good AA for a reason, stop complaining about a few ships having decent AA, go after ships that don't and/or are isolated.

• Cool 6

[BHSFL]
Players
3,387 posts

Those ships need to be killed by team mates by gunfire or torpedo's. I have no problem with it that there are powerful AA ships that can protect their allies, but i do have some problem those AA ships are usually left alive for very long as players do not recognise it partly shuts their CV down and it's power cannot be used to their benefit. Matches are lost by leaving those ships alive.

But...they are NOT invulnerable. Determined AP bomb or Tiny Tim attacks do kill them fast, especially if they choose to hide behind mountain ridge islands that can be used as an AA shield approaching them. Out it the open they would be much harder to kill, but they usually don't do that because it makes them very vulnerable to other ships. But you are going to lose aircraft doing it.....so you probably won't without a pressing reason to do so.

All in all it's a balanced situation.

Players
165 posts
4,133 battles

Yeah no i get bombed and torped plenty in my Jean bart, the killing of the planes occur after the wank has dropped his payload much like the Yamato AA , does nothing on the way in , rips them apart on the way out.

Players
439 posts
5,436 battles

I would agree Minotaur and the US T10 cruisers are two strong, particularly as yiu usually get 3 or 4 but JB is easy - bomb or TT him from the front. If an6 BB is OP it looks like being the Russian, the T8 is bad enough.

• Funny 2

[FLYD]
Players
1,355 posts
13,065 battles

Jean Bart is fine, if he kills your planes that quick he is heavy Speced into AA. His choice and it should be rewarded.

Sorry for you beeing on the receiving end.

Mino is hard to play against as a T8 CV, T10 have a few tricks to play arround their hard AA.

I don't see a valid reason to reduce their AA.

• Cool 4

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
110 posts
46 minutes ago, gustywinds said:

I would agree Minotaur and the US T10 cruisers are two strong, particularly as yiu usually get 3 or 4 but JB is easy - bomb or TT him from the front. If an6 BB is OP it looks like being the Russian, the T8 is bad enough.

This is idiotic. 

So the FEW ships that have decent enough AA to kill planes you want to nerf. It's not like you shoot down entire squads until AFTER they drop you. Christ, I dropped a DM TWICE yesterday in my Kaga, yea I lost my planes, but I still got off TWO strikes on a ' dedicated AA cruiser ' and took 29k off him. 

Oh and the ' Bad enough ' tier 8 RU BB the Vlad, has ZERO short range AA, so yea, that's for sure OP....

• Cool 1

Players
1,619 posts
18,174 battles

Yeh no, if a JB is shredding you planes then it's because he has invested into it and he should be rewarded for that, it's also only a matter of time until he looses a lot of his AA mounts as the battle goes on.

As for the Mino she's designed as a dedicated AA ship and a very fragile one. There are so many ships with weaker AA, there do have to be some ships that have good AA. Also it's not like the Mino is invulnerable, a good CV player can still inflict damage but he will also suffer losses.

• Cool 3

[MORIA]
Players
7,292 posts
35,971 battles

Are you for real? Well JB fully AA build can do much but the tank build doesn't kill so much planes. Mino on fact has weaker AA than what it had before. 

[KAKE]
Players
2,519 posts
5,960 battles

If there's one thing this game doesn't need, it's nerfs to AA.

• Cool 3

[DEFR]
Players
1,234 posts

The Min is different from JB, the Min doesn't have any secondary guns to spec out - so it will always go full AA build. That is not the case with JB because you have to sacrifice AA build if you want to go secondary build also.

I have the JB and don't go full AA build, I go secondary build. Planes are able to attack me, even though the stock AA rating is high for JB. They don't all get wiped out like the Min does to planes, because just about every Min you meet in planes is going to be using max full AA build with it not having any secondary guns to think about spec out.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,818 posts
10,938 battles
5 hours ago, _Ghostship_ said:

Mino can kill a whole squad in 3-4 Secounds, Jean Bart takes a bit longer but is still really bad.

A others already said, stop collecting FlaK bursts. 

[ADRIA]
Players
271 posts
12,253 battles

there should be no ship that is invulnerable to air-attacks.

What is the point of having aa in the game then? Where is the counterplay? You trolling? 

If thats how you gonna balance the game then i want all of my enemies to instantly explode when i load into battle. Its only fair that way. /s

[ROT8]
[ROT8]
Beta Tester
1,506 posts
9,997 battles

I play cvs now and don't really find that much of a problem with jb because its all long and mid range aa so just zoom to the target once you get into range and zoom away once the aa starts again and the jb suffers awful to dbs that circle in the none aa aura

the mino is another class of aa if your caught out but can be overcome with predrop dbs or using islands as cover as most mino players hug the islands

some ships have to have good aa while others are useless (looking at you musashi)

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
3,202 posts
7,648 battles

Both Ships, Minotauer and Jean Bart need an AA-nerf really bad. 

Mino can kill a whole squad in 3-4 Secounds, Jean Bart takes a bit longer but is still really bad. There no way you can do a succesful attack on them. 

I know some ships have better AA and some not, but there should be no ship that is invulnerable to air-attacks.

Regards

No they are not.

And Sorry.

But if there should be no Ship that can Defend against Air Attack Succesfully without taking Damage.

Then there should be no CVs in this Game at all.

If you ask me. What should not Exist in the Game is Ships which wont kill a Single Aircraft when they are Attacked by Aircraft.

Any Ship should have a Chance at Defending itself from Air Attacks.

shot-19.05.23_03.02.40-0886.jpg

• Cool 4

[DEFR]
Players
1,234 posts

A T10 CV such as Audacious can get at least one hit on a Min with rockets/He bombs before all planes are wiped out, so it's not immune to stopping all planes when facing a top tier CV. And each hit with rockets/or HE bombs is probably reducing his AA effectiveness.

[ROT8]
[ROT8]
Beta Tester
1,506 posts
9,997 battles
3 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

No they are not.

And Sorry.

But if there should be no Ship that can Defend against Air Attack Succesfully without taking Damage.

Then there should be no CVs in this Game at all.

If you ask me. What should not Exist in the Game is Ships which wont kill a Single Aircraft when they are Attacked by Aircraft.

Any Ship should have a Chance at Defending itself from Air Attacks.

shot-19.05.23_03.02.40-0886.jpg

if your using that pic as the basis of being able to kill a ship without losing a plane its a bit biased

your pic shows 1 torp hitting the mino and it wasn't a detonation and the game is already 8 mins in and the mino was near dead so will most likely have had damaged aa

also our plane healths are so low your so lucky to get away with any planes 2k health left from 7k would normally have had a few planes destroyed

• Cool 1

[POI--]
Players
1,145 posts
9,566 battles
3 minutes ago, beercrazy said:

if your using that pic as the basis of being able to kill a ship without losing a plane its a bit biased

your pic shows 1 torp hitting the mino and it wasn't a detonation and the game is already 8 mins in and the mino was near dead so will most likely have had damaged aa

also our plane healths are so low your so lucky to get away with any planes 2k health left from 7k would normally have had a few planes destroyed 

You maybe did not get the point. It only just shows that even a Kaga with her weak planes is able to score hits on a Mino and that any T8 and T10 carrier is also able to do it then.

[ROT8]
[ROT8]
Beta Tester
1,506 posts
9,997 battles
1 minute ago, Elypse201 said:

You maybe did not get the point. It only just shows that even a Kaga with her weak planes is able to score hits on a Mino and that any T8 and T10 carrier is also able to do it then.

fair enough just seemed to me you was trying to say a cv can easily kill any ship without losing any aircraft when as I pointed out the case you showed was very lucky and rng based and hardly ever will a cv attack a mino without losing any aircraft unless as I pointed out it was massively low health

too many players feel certain classes should be near immune to cvs while others feel cvs should be more immune to the aa and all that proves is wg has probably got the aa about right at the moment

[POI--]
Players
1,145 posts
9,566 battles
1 minute ago, beercrazy said:

fair enough just seemed to me he was trying to say a cv can easily kill any ship without losing any aircraft when as I pointed out the case he showed was very lucky and rng based and hardly ever will a cv attack a mino without losing any aircraft unless as I pointed out it was massively low health

He even writes in his post : " If you ask me. What should not Exist in the Game is Ships which wont kill a Single Aircraft when they are Attacked by Aircraft. "

3 minutes ago, beercrazy said:

and all that proves is wg has probably got the aa about right at the moment

No not by far. It's way weaker then before the rework and things like def AA or the catapult fighter should have back their debuff for the planes imo. also trough slingshot ships like DM, Salem etc. are kinda weak in those days with her AA so WG still needs to balance it better.

• Cool 3