You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Colonel_Boom

Resetting AA sector management immediately

37 comments in this topic

Players
80 posts
5,221 battles

Press the reinforced sector again and it will immediately be reset. Please, do it. I can't watch people anymore who don't knowing this.

MfG Boom

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,474 battles
2 minutes ago, Colonel_Boom said:

Press the reinforced sector again and it will immediately be reset. Please, do it. I can't watch people anymore who don't knowing this.

MfG Boom

Is it immediate? I thought you have to wait for the set amount of time. What am I missing?

• Cool 2

Players
80 posts
5,221 battles
1 minute ago, Blixies said:

Is it immediate? I thought you have to wait for the set amount of time. What am I missing?

Didn't do the tests but the UI shows that it is.

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,474 battles
Just now, Colonel_Boom said:

Didn't do the tests but the UI shows that it is.

I suggest you do the testing before creating a thread like this. AFAIK it is NOT immediate.

• Cool 3

[ROT8]
[ROT8]
Beta Tester
1,509 posts
10,014 battles

not immediate and you will struggle to keep up with a good cv player who knows how and when to use the speed boosts to spin his planes around and drop again on you

best I have found is have the sector set for when the cv approaches then leave it because after the second salvo gets dropped the planes are entering the improved aa sector again and will already be damaged and most likely the rest will get shot down

• Cool 1

[BHSFL]
Players
3,439 posts

For very powerful AA ships setting AA sectors to welcome incoming aircraft makes a difference. They can shoot a squadron down before weapons release.

But for the rest is would not even set AA sectors.....why ? Because in aircraft  i "weave" my torpedo's home, coming from one side, sharp turn coming from the other side, sharp turn untill all aircraft detach or are destroyed. My bet is almost no one switches AA sector all the time following overhead aircraft from one side of the ship to the other, and back again. Even if they do it probably has little effect as my aircraft would fly into an unchanched side zone multiple times too.

I seriously set 100 % to all sides most of the time when under attack because of this. Else these aircraft can turn in a 70 % zone instead of 100 % or more, making sure they survive for a 3rd run.....

[BLITZ]
Players
2,819 posts
10,972 battles
2 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

They can shoot a squadron down before weapons release.

If the carrier player doesn't know what he's doing yes, otherwise no.

[XTREM]
Players
3,634 posts
10,889 battles
Vor 3 Stunden, beercrazy sagte:

not immediate and you will struggle to keep up with a good cv player who knows how and when to use the speed boosts to spin his planes around and drop again on you

best I have found is have the sector set for when the cv approaches then leave it because after the second salvo gets dropped the planes are entering the improved aa sector again and will already be damaged and most likely the rest will get shot down

Only use sector if CV is targeting another ship in your AA range.

If alone use sector on first attack, then keep both sides 100%

Thank me later ♡☆♡

[BHSFL]
Players
3,439 posts
4 hours ago, B0Tato said:

If the carrier player doesn't know what he's doing yes, otherwise no.

Has nothing to do with any "player skill" as you are referring to FLAK burst spheres only, but FLAK burst spheres is not the only damage AA does.....

Long range, mid range and short range AA all have a continuous damage component that can't be dodged or otherwise migated other then having more HP and armour. 

A player that takes deep AA skills ( and set AA zones correctly ) boosts this continuous damage up to levels no aircraft can endure for long. For some powerful AA ships  with already very high base AA values taking deep AA skills makes them burn up incoming aircraft, no weapons release. No direct FLAK burst hits nessesary. So no player skill that can influence that damage or avoid it.

But it happens to be the majority of all players do not understand AA, find other skills more important or assume incorrectly CV players can just dodge all and it is useless.... and have not invested in it......weakening them and all around them. And complaining about CV "OPness"" instead of their own faillure. This is very hard for WG to deal with, because players just do not use the tools given to them, but do complain they should be buffed/the other class nerft.

I can very well recognise the few players that did take deep AA skills......that is where is see my squadrons burn up on approach, where 98 % of the time i can make 2-4 passes on an enemy ship, sometimes wondering if they pressed "P" by accident....

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,659 posts
11,775 battles
7 hours ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

Only use sector if CV is targeting another ship in your AA range.

If alone use sector on first attack, then keep both sides 100%

Thank me later ♡☆♡

This is perhaps valid advice for BBs (though I'm pretty sure a good sector juggling would hurt me more) - but for cruisers or even DDs? DDs switch very fast and have a big multiplier - sector management is crucial for their AA potential (of course this applies to DDs that actually have any AA to speak of in the first place, some can't do much more than clearing fighters if even that).

• Cool 1

[BLITZ]
Players
2,819 posts
10,972 battles
8 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

Has nothing to do with any "player skill" as you are referring to FLAK burst spheres only, but FLAK burst spheres is not the only damage AA does.....

Even a Minotaur won't shoot down a full squadron before it can drop only by continuous DPS.

Players
606 posts

I normally try to have both sides reinforced at least once each for an attack, no matter what ship I'm in (DD's I can keep switching more than the others) - always have the sector reinforced that the planes are likely to come from.

As you see them approach, BEFORE they are committed to the attack, switch the reinforced side. With a bit of practice you can normally time it so the sector switches as the places pass over. It's rarely possible to get a second 'switch' in after this though - and I'll not bother with the first switch if I'm island hugging!!! Yes, there are times that the CV player baits this (either inadvertently, or when trying to bait DFAA) but it's not that often relatively, and besides - that means he's not attacking so it doesn't matter!

Sometimes in a DD or even cruiser, if the CV is approaching from an oblique angle (near bow/stern on), I'll sometimes chose not to switch but instead turn such that it keeps him in the reinforced sector - although it does depend on which planes they are attacking with.

[BHSFL]
Players
3,439 posts
53 minutes ago, B0Tato said:

Even a Minotaur won't shoot down a full squadron before it can drop only by continuous DPS.

Say you...based on what ?

A minotaur has stock ( 90 % hitchance already deducted ) :

Long range continuous dps : 222

Mid range continuous dps : 1152

short range dps : 222

Lets take a stock B7A Russei bomber of the Shokaku, with 1350 HP.  Without FLAK clouds hitting it, it will take 1152 + 222 = 1374 UNAVOIDABLE damage PER SECOND.

In other words it will not survive going through long range and medium range AA defence rings. Without FLAK clouds hitting it, so player skill has no influence.

Ofcourse a CV player will boost aircraft HP and armour, so these bombers will live to drop their load at least 1 x against morons that did not take AA captain skills increasing that continuous damage. If they did, those CV captain skills will be royally overmatched by AA skills and the aircraft will not live to drop weapons.

All those complaining about AA are in fact clueless morons or oppertunists that don't want to pass on captain skills they want in order to be protected against aircraft. But a FACT is they CAN be protected as much as game balance allows. If you were active just after the rework where almost every player did take AA skils, you would know it was MUCH harder operating CV then. In comparison, now it often seems like players hit their "P" button. They just don't take (have) the skills anymore, and suffer for it.

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[-TAP-]
Players
277 posts
7,980 battles

@Beastofwar is your belief therefore that the auras stack, and AA dps is applied per plane rather than per squadron? Bit of a bizarre choice there, because it would mean Jean Barts would be pumping out some decent AA when you're directly overhead (clearly not the case), and also if you hit no flak bursts then all of your planes would die at exactly the same time . . . 

• Cool 1

[SH33P]
Beta Tester
182 posts
6,567 battles

@Beastofwar

Someone who literally sucks at all other classes except CV tells other classes not to complain about CVs? Lovely...

• Funny 2

[BLITZ]
Players
2,819 posts
10,972 battles

Say you...based on what ?

- Videos

- Training room

- Maths

- Playing Minotaur myself for over 100 random battles since the rework

clueless morons

:cap_like:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
19 hours ago, Colonel_Boom said:

MfG Boom

pls go to WOT...new peoples will go on this forum and read this false information....try PVE also

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,474 battles

Snip.

Every new post is a new embarrassment for you. Sad, but true.

Have you ever heard of slingshot attack? The Minotaur won't even know what hit him, in fact, he will shoot down 0 planes and still get bombed.

• Funny 1

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,786 posts
19,478 battles

it will take 1152 + 222 = 1374 UNAVOIDABLE damage PER SECOND.

:fish_palm:

Your laughable explanation of continuous AA damage is just as wrong as the OP above.

• Funny 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
24 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Every new post is a new embarrassment for you. Sad, but true.

Have you ever heard of slingshot attack? The Minotaur won't even know what hit him, in fact, he will shoot down 0 planes and still get bombed.

to execute slingshot there needs to be good conditions to it, also slingshot reduces power of strike (you predrop basicaly), and you can not slingshot with TB or rockets. 

also he probably will not shoot down planes but if he is positioned correcly ally will shot down rest of planes....with slingshot on good positioned target you will do one drop, and lose 66% of planes....is it woth?....depends of stage of game, type of bombs, and your squad reserves.

i have fealing some guys thinks slingshot is magical oneshoote move...it is not

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,474 battles
4 minutes ago, veslingr said:

with slingshot on good positioned target you will do one drop, and lose 66% of planes....is it woth?.

Compared to losing 100% of planes and doing possibly no damage? Yes, it is worth, if done correctly (as you point out).

5 minutes ago, veslingr said:

i have fealing some guys thinks slingshot is magical oneshoote move...it is not

We are talking about effectively attacking a Minotaur, not "magical oneshot" (where did you get the idea I think it's magical oneshot I have no clue).

It takes skill, it is risky, it can fail. But if it works, it's very very effective.

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
3 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Compared to losing 100% of planes and doing possibly no damage? Yes, it is worth, if done correctly (as you point out).

We are talking about effectively attacking a Minotaur, not "magical oneshot" (where did you get the idea I think it's magical oneshot I have no clue).

It takes skill, it is risky, it can fail. But if it works, it's very very effective.

Slingshot works on solo AAA strongpoint, especialy if it is vulnerable to AP bombs. It loses almost all its worth striking that ship if he is part of a group.

to execute slingshot on most CVs you need to predrop 6-7 km from target (you are not in his AAA range) and you will be "teleported" right on top of him.

But if you have ship infront of him that will get your planes in AAA range before you predrop, your calcualtion is different and yo ustart to lose HP and planes, same thing in other ship is behind him you after dropshoting will enter other ship AAA.

so your best bet is to leave 2 drops, one for predrop and other for actual drop.

and it is not hell of alot of dmg.

so yes you can slingshot AAA powerhouse with minimal losees with bombers, also yes Mino can whipe all squad of TB, rockets before they reach you especialy t8 planes, not to mention if flak spawns ontop of your planes (aka invisibal flack) that almost oneshot all squad no matter the tier of planes.

so you bouth are riight in some part of your statemenst. 

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,474 battles
29 minutes ago, veslingr said:

Slingshot works on solo AAA strongpoint, especialy if it is vulnerable to AP bombs. It loses almost all its worth striking that ship if he is part of a group.

to execute slingshot on most CVs you need to predrop 6-7 km from target (you are not in his AAA range) and you will be "teleported" right on top of him.

But if you have ship infront of him that will get your planes in AAA range before you predrop, your calcualtion is different and yo ustart to lose HP and planes, same thing in other ship is behind him you after dropshoting will enter other ship AAA.

so your best bet is to leave 2 drops, one for predrop and other for actual drop.

and it is not hell of alot of dmg.

so yes you can slingshot AAA powerhouse with minimal losees with bombers, also yes Mino can whipe all squad of TB, rockets before they reach you especialy t8 planes, not to mention if flak spawns ontop of your planes (aka invisibal flack) that almost oneshot all squad no matter the tier of planes.

so you bouth are riight in some part of your statemenst. 

So your point is standard drop works better than slingshoting in this scenario?

I'm not saying the slingshot is a perfect solution to every situation. I am saying that it is more effective compared to standard strike, if executed correctly.

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
10 minutes ago, Blixies said:

I'm not saying the slingshot is a perfect solution to every situation. I am saying that it is more effective compared to standard strike, if executed correctly.

the best is to strike better target with worst position and with worst AAA....if you have to strike AAA powerhouse slingshot is better than regular drop for sure. 

[BHSFL]
Players
3,439 posts
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

:fish_palm:

Your laughable explanation of continuous AA damage is just as wrong as the OP above.

No it is not.....you just hate the explanation because it eliminates CV player skill from not taking much damage from AA, while you want them to think you are very special. While your performance  is much based on the lack of skill of players that refuse to take AA skills.....you can maybe fool most but not me as i do the same.

If you can do better explaining why AA fails for most players, but not for some that whip squadrons from the air please do. Player skill has nothing to do with it, as except for setting AA zones AA is not player controlled. So player influence is limited, other then taking the right skills when you want results. That means all that "Unicum skillz" [edited] can be thrown right out of the window......

I see proof of that every time i take out that TX CV Hakuryu.....it produces high scores without even effort. Anything it faces is doomed, because it's tier X aircraft can take stock AA damage values with ease. The US ships you like to use have high HP and armour values too.....so nothing magical or unicum skill about that.

If players had any sense and upped their stock AA value's  these CV would be much harder to use. It is also an explanation why WG is unable to really do something about CV hegemony, and opts to nerf CV in strange ways such as reducing aircraft speed (boost/time )  or start delays despite they swore that would interrupt the desired  flow of the match ( said by WG after rework, after a question why trhat was cahnged as RTS CV had a delay  )

Btw : i can't read the comments of the worst forum griefers and lamers, that always react without saying something useful because i blocked ebing able to read their :etc_swear:

• Funny 1