Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrWastee

europe

13 comments in this topic

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,559 posts
23,828 battles

dear wows folks and g.i.r.l.s.,

might be offT, i don't care :Smile_Default:.... (gameplaywise: be nice to each other :Smile_child:)

this weekend we had the elctions for the european parliament. an institution that never could've come to light without the bloodshed in the last century. like 100 years ago europe just came out of the shadow of ww1, only to drag itself into ww2. as a german whose country had leading parts in both conflicts and quite a guilt to bare, i just wanted to say thank you all out there!

4 being with me in this, our very europe. we fight each other in game for fun like kids now, while our grandparents and their fathers took it to the blood.

this is a gift we never shall forget, the peace we have had,

for decades and centuries,

our future, keep ur minds up wrapped, and don't u ever forget!

peace :Smile_honoring:

:Smile_hiding:

for the classic crowd:

Montesquieu

If I knew of something that could serve my nation but would ruin another, I would not propose it to my prince, for I am first a man and only then a Frenchman... because I am necessarily a man, and only accidentally am I French.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,559 posts
23,828 battles
4 minutes ago, thiextar said:

are you ok?

nope, half of a politician :D.... or simply a german european :cap_cool:

on a serious note, i just think one not can emphasize the importance of it all enough these days.

today, indeed, been the day of elections through the european people for europe. imo the most coolest election there is worldwide, given the historical path in whole :Smile_great:

• Cool 5

[BHSFL]
Players
3,477 posts

I read the whole of Europe was torn for centuries between countless wars between house Habsburg and Hohenzollern and their decendants, ruling multiple European kingdoms and empires. The powerstruggle must have costs billions of lives. Many of the wars i had never heard about, or did but had no idea it was really between those houses. Spain having a Habsburg King and so on....all the way up to WW1 and beyond.

In a castle in Luxembourg there was tappistry showing European royal families are still blood line connected to those houses. It is a good thing they have no direct power to  cause wars in Europe anymore.

• Cool 2

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,559 posts
23,828 battles
9 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

I read the whole of Europe was torn for centuries between countless wars between house Habsburg and Hohenzollern and their decendants, ruling multiple European kingdoms and empires. The powerstruggle must have costs billions of lives. Many of the wars i had never heard about,

In a castle in Luxembourg there was tappistry showing European royal families are still blood line connected to those houses. It is a good thing they have no direct power to  cause wars in Europe anymore.

the spirit though never dies sadly...

if we'd go on a path some (do not let this become too political plz..) endorse, in consequence here in germany that would mean like 30+ independent states, kingdoms, cities and whatnot. all with their own customs/borders and laws. not really an appealing image lol.

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
6 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

I read the whole of Europe was torn for centuries between countless wars between house Habsburg and Hohenzollern and their decendants, ruling multiple European kingdoms and empires. The powerstruggle must have costs billions of lives. Many of the wars i had never heard about,

historian here - yes it was bloody. Not significantly more or less so than in other parts of the world - until Europe developed its technological lead so we were simply "better" at killing, and then we actively made sure to export that advanced bloodshed everywhere else... Humans gonna human.

That dark part of human nature is what we should all be REALLY REALLY glad institutions and ideas like the EU are keeping somewhat in check, instead of complaining about... well... the humans running them still being human and the corruption and other unsavoury things coming with that. Things could, and most likely would, be a lot worse than they are, thanks in no small part to the idea of a peaceful Europe that came about in the wake of two world wars...

• Cool 3

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,559 posts
23,828 battles

p.s.:

...even more important in light of events within europe, not too long ago. with the yugoslavian civil war we had a perfect example in our time what rather not to want to have within europe . and, while it had been a national conflict in the 1st place, it showed how vulnerable and fragile any condition of peace is.

cooperation and awareness is what stays against, just as ingame lol :Smile_child::Smile_hiding:

[BHSFL]
Players
3,477 posts
14 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

p.s.:

...even more important in light of events within europe, not too long ago. with the yugoslavian civil war we had a perfect example what rather not to want to have. and, while it had been a national conflict in the 1st place, it showed how vulnerable and fragile any condition of peace is.

cooperation and awareness is what stays against, just as ingame lol :Smile_child::Smile_hiding:

Be sure that war was caused by meddling powers seeking to fragment Yugoslavia's (economic) power and deminish Russian influence spfere.....just like almost all wars today still are.

In that it is frightning EU is not very cohesive, there are US vassal countries that may/do not act as EU or in the best interest of EU when trouble is created. Such a collection with so many different countries and languages is hard to unite to a common cause by nature already.

I do wish for a strong united EU. Although that seems to be the nightmare of others. Being united you can negotiate on equal terms. Now EU countries are played against one another. Not only by the US by the way.

• Funny 1

Players
340 posts
612 battles

Yep, European Union is one step forward to what human mankind has to develop into.. a real big society sharing ressources, knowledge and efforts to find ways to use earths ressources effective, wise and foresighted.

Either that or we will be a wink in history and nothing else.. War is and always has been the most effective way to waste ressources. Commonality is an effective way to prevent that.

Can recommend 2 documentations of ARTE according to some things mentioned above..

Not sure if they are available in english either, but in french and german they are.

(1) A docu how overrated mankind is and how insignificant we are

(2) A docu that shows how human mankind step by step developed more and more effective ways to manipulate/destroy nature and how war was a catalyst for doing so.

https://www.arte.tv/de/videos/073938-000-A/die-erdzerstoerer/

https://www.arte.tv/fr/videos/073938-000-A/l-homme-a-mange-la-terre/

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,559 posts
23,828 battles
3 minutes ago, Beastofwar said:

Be sure that war was caused by meddling powers seeking to fragment Yugoslavia's power and deminish Russian influence spfere.....just like almost all wars today still are.

In that is is frightning EU is not very cohesive, there are US vassal countries that may/do not act as EU or is the best interest of EU when trouble arises. Such a collection with so many different countries and languages is hard to unite to a common cause.

I do wish for a strong united EU. Although that seems to be the nightmare of others.

as said, i dont want this to become too political.

i just wanted to point on the simple fact, that we have the elections, we should not forget why we have em and that we might should be sure to have em in future ;).... IF (weegeeluvsIFS :Smile_trollface::Smile_hiding:) "we" want that. i do so :Smile_honoring:

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles
3 hours ago, MrWastee said:

If I knew of something that could serve my nation but would ruin another, I would not propose it to my prince, for I amfirst a man and only then a Frenchman... because I am necessarily a man, and only accidentally am I French.

Tell it to your predecessors because I remember when the French 'officials' decided to cheat the Mini's out of a 1-2-3 Monte Carlo Rally win in 1966 in favour of a Citroen. A sad day for sportsmanship.

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,559 posts
23,828 battles
30 minutes ago, 250swb said:

Tell it to your predecessors because I remember when the French 'officials' decided to cheat the Mini's out of a 1-2-3 Monte Carlo Rally win in 1966 in favour of a Citroen. A sad day for sportsmanship.

:Smile_amazed:.....

eerm... ok.... it's not like spesHuLiTy knows nationalities or the french state been responsible 4 that/the uk attacked the french nation afterwards, aye?!... yeee, i know... that's more of a german trait :Smile_sceptic::Smile_trollface:

... and if u now could somehow connect what u said to topic..... i'd be thankful lol :Smile_coin:

btw: my "precedessors", better heritage, is partly swiss, partly polish and a lot of german.... i'm not french by nationality, but sometimes by music :Smile_Default:... that quote is from montesquieu, as marked....