You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Shungite_Merchant

Dear WG u have gold and silver ships

30 comments in this topic

Players
339 posts
14,786 battles

U have gold n silver, but what about a blue ship, a beta ship, a ship that can be changed, like I own the gc and Belfast, yeah they are bad but if u could change the colour to a blue like balance will happen, even the premium CV's to a blue, so they can be changed, tbh I care about balance because I don't just play one ship I play everything

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
4,702 posts
10,897 battles
1 minute ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Wth are you smoking?

You need to inject it to get that wasted I think...

• Funny 3

Players
339 posts
14,786 battles
2 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Wth are you smoking?

All I suggested was a silver /"gold / blue ship a new class in the shop that can be sold but it will be changed, we don't want op premiums in the game 

[GURKA]
Players
5,198 posts
10,424 battles

I prefer green ships, guys... we live in the 21th century, we should have consideration for the nature and enviroment....

• Funny 4

[BHSFL]
Players
3,401 posts

"Green light !! Green light !!! Martin Madrozo give you green light !!"

"Oh i'm scared lady...just fukking terrified"  :-)))

Players
339 posts
14,786 battles

In all fairness, after say 6 months being removed from store a over preforming ship could turn blue (beta) we that own them get some good mission rewards for testing then when it's ready for final, we get the option for dabloon refund?? But its an idea on how to bring back some the op ships and we get our mileage out of them?? If WG want to play with this idea please use Belfast first 

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
13,772 posts
19,462 battles

We are reaching levels of wat previously unthinkable.

• Funny 7

[RONIN]
Players
1,663 posts
8,589 battles
2 hours ago, The_fun_police said:

All I suggested was a silver /"gold / blue ship a new class in the shop that can be sold but it will be changed, we don't want op premiums in the game 

Giulio Cesare has red and white stripes on the bow I think its warning enough its op, we dont need other colors.

See stripes = quit game.

Thats all we need xD

[RONIN]
Players
1,663 posts
8,589 battles
2 hours ago, The_fun_police said:

In all fairness, after say 6 months being removed from store a over preforming ship could turn blue (beta) we that own them get some good mission rewards for testing then when it's ready for final, we get the option for dabloon refund?? But its an idea on how to bring back some the op ships and we get our mileage out of them?? If WG want to play with this idea please use Belfast first 

Did you Google this reply?

Its hard to understand you .....

[DREAD]
Players
9,568 posts
6,733 battles
5 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

"Green light !! Green light !!! Martin Madrozo give you green light !!"

"Oh i'm scared lady...just fukking terrified"  :-)))

“I prefer blue light”

“what does it do ?”

“Turns blue”

[NWP]
Players
1,334 posts
9,861 battles

OK, the two sides in me will come up now. I think I have lost all of the maturity I was accused of during my first posts. But I still retain my character.

Side No. 1 - The serious middle aged man.

What OP wants to say is:

Ships could be released as blue (not silver tech tree or gold premium) - meaning that they have all the benefits of Gold Ships but are subject to change / or as we like it here WIP.

The players that buy these blue ships will actually be live testers (with paid ships) and benefit from additional rewards.

Once WG reaches during this prolonged test period the desired balance and finalizes the specs of the said blue ship, the buyer has the option of a doubloon refund and returning the ship (if they don't like the ship how it ended up after balancing and fine tuning of the specifications).

Should this have happened with GC (or Belfast and Kamikaze) for example, no one would dare say "don't touch my premium" etc. - It is not a premium it is a blue ship. It is subject to change for purposes of "balans".

Side No. 2 - As I have been trained for all intents and purposes by the Forum.

The phone number of your dealer and some of what you are smoking. 

What I think will happen if this is applied? All ships will be issued as Blue. And they will be very OP. After some time and considerable sales (who doesen't want to have an OP ship to play with?), said ships will be nerfed to the ground (due to serious data collected during testing and community reactions). Ships will be returned to WG for Doubloons. New Blue ships will be launched. We will rush to buy them. It is a safe bet (we like to play are used to OP ships blue ships after all). And the circle continues. We will all end up buying Doubloons. And we will have a good number of OP ships always in the game.

Anyway, just give me the number of your dealer and put this proposal in your CV. If I was WG I would hire you.

Regards

Saltface

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,557 posts
23,756 battles
11 hours ago, The_fun_police said:

interesting approach lol... but how about not realeasing op prems in the 1st place?! i mean, it's not like that on most op releases the crowd yelled "op" before release while weegee decided to release em in that state anyway?

so, from here that's a no. i want them to get their sheet together before taking action, i think that's not expected too much from a "professional" company...

with ur approach nothing would be safe so to say. bet is on, IF (#weegeeluvsIFS) a "blue" type of prems would be sold we only would see that color further on... i like consistency and one already has to fight hard ngh in here to even get a bit of it imho.

[NSVE]
[NSVE]
Players
405 posts
12,022 battles

I like copper... Can copper ships go faster?

[XTREM]
Players
3,634 posts
10,837 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, CptBarney sagte:

Can i has a rainbow ship? before grumpy posts?

kthxbye!

@L0V3_and_PE4CE Look, a smoll nyan cat!

Yes i saw it already 'tis super cute ♡☆♡

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-TPF-]
Players
3,827 posts
15,739 battles
11 hours ago, Saltface said:

What OP wants to say is:

Ships could be released as blue (not silver tech tree or gold premium) - meaning that they have all the benefits of Gold Ships but are subject to change / or as we like it here WIP.

The players that buy these blue ships will actually be live testers (with paid ships) and benefit from additional rewards.

Completely agree. All Premium ships should be like this for three to six months after release. That way players who buy them know what they're getting - no whinging about "you can't change my premiums" and WG can fix mistakes - although this is no excuse for a proper testing and QA process. A 10% discount could be applied on the purchase price of a "blue" premium as opposed to a "proven" gold premium. 

[NWP]
Players
1,334 posts
9,861 battles
1 hour ago, invicta2012 said:

although this is no excuse for a proper testing and QA process.

Agreed. 

1 hour ago, invicta2012 said:

A 10% discount could be applied on the purchase price of a "blue" premium as opposed to a "proven" gold premium. 

Also agreed

This is a win win situation

WG will have the ease of balancing ships after real testing on the live server with real players in a real environment.

No one will ever have the right to complain because they (WG) changed (nerfed/buffed) a "blue" ship. WG will make money. They are selling either ships or refunding them in doubloons (effectively sale of doubloons).

The Players will purchase "blue" ships in the safety of knowing they can give them back if they don't like them after "balans"

So @The_fun_police had a rather good idea. 

Regards

Saltface

Players
203 posts
3,270 battles

I really dont understand why the OP is ridiculed here. After the Debacle that was the proposed GC Balancing, his proposition makes absolute sense (he might have expressed himself better in his post but not everybody is a writer).

The GC discussion has shown us all that once people buy a clearly OP Ship, they want everybody elses stuff to be "balanced" but their stuff not to be touched. Hypocrisy per definition here. The reason why they could pull such a move off was because of the ridiculous "we will never nerf premiums" statement that WG made in World of Tanks (they did not make this statement in wows, at least not as clearly but people just assumed or abused this to protect their own interests).

Now dont get me wrong, while I do criticize the players, that does not mean that I am for WG. Quite the opposite, they seem hellbent to do their utmost to do everything wrong. They introduce OP Ships on purpose to get all that sweet sweet money (yes, from the same ppl who all cry for "balance" just to go ahead and buy the next OP Premium they can get their hands on) AND then they have the gall to nerf those ships they deliberately pushed out as OP, so those who purchased them would need to buy the next OP ship to keep their "high" going. Just like a Dealer Addict Scenario here.

OP proposes a middle solution, one that would not work in its simple form as "Saltface" pointed out in one of the former posts, since WG would just abuse it but as "invicta" has shown in his post, there are possibilities to adjust this so that it cannot be misused.

I would even go so far to propose a 50% discount on "blue" ships and lets say, to balance things, for the time the ships in "blue" status, it will not have all prem benefits like more XP, Credits etc. That would balance the process for both sides without affecting the ship itself. So basically, you buy a "blue" ship for half the price and when it goes "gold" you either pay the rest and buy it permanently or you get your money back. 

This would prevent the Flustercluckery that was the Guilo Cesare affair.

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
2,494 posts
6,082 battles
7 minutes ago, Atankean said:

The GC discussion has shown us all that once people buy a clearly OP Ship, they want everybody elses stuff to be "balanced" but their stuff not to be touched. Hypocrisy per definition here

The problem is that wargaming refused to give out cash refunds, and explained that they couldnt do it, because it would be hard to implement.

The issue there is that wargaming has already done it in the past, the kutuzov got fully refundable for cash when they did the smoke rework. So why couldnt they do the same for the guilo?

The answer of course, is that wargaming is really greedy and does not want to refund cash... Which is a problem when they put all the op ships in gambling containers before announcing plans to nerf them and refund useless doubloons.

The reaction to the gc experiment rests solely on wargamings greedy shoulders of ineptitude.

Players
203 posts
3,270 battles
27 minutes ago, thiextar said:

The problem is that wargaming refused to give out cash refunds, and explained that they couldnt do it, because it would be hard to implement.

This argument is well known to me and I am somewhat behind it but the EULA of WG states clearly that refunds will be made in game currency and I know that has also been discussed to death because of legal reasons and I reeeally dont wanna go there again. My main problem is, how many players were ready to make a sacrifice in sake of game balance? how many said, "well, we might not get our money back but at least with the doubloons we can buy another ship as a replacement and as long as the game is more balanced, I am ready to take the blow if WG does not do that in the future" or something like that?

The Hypocrisy I am talking about is, nobody really cared about their money back or at least not the majority. They would have bought just another ship with that money anyway. So who cares if its doubloons or money. No, it became very very clear to me, that those who had the ship wanted to keep it as she WAS. They did not wanted to give up their OP Ship, that was their main motivation all along. Everything else, this whole talk about "Customer rights" and "legal obligations" and "dubious company policies"...all a smoke screen. 

I understand that by the way, thats just human and maybe I was "lucky" not to have the ship or I may have been talking different right now. I sure as hell dont want to appear all "high and mighty", I am human and I am selfish but I am also not blind.

I dont care about GC, that discussion is finished but I welcome any good idea that will prevent such a thing happening again.

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
2,494 posts
6,082 battles
1 minute ago, Atankean said:

This argument is well known to me and I am somewhat behind it but the EULA of WG states clearly that refunds will be made in game currency and I know that has also been discussed to death because of legal reasons and I reeeally dont wanna go there again. My main problem is, how many players were ready to make a sacrifice in sake of game balance? how many said, "well, we might not get our money back but at least with the doubloons we can buy another ship as a replacement and as long as the game is more balanced, I am ready to take the blow if WG does not do that in the future" or something like that?

The Hypocrisy I am talking about is, nobody really cared about their money back or at least not the majority. They would have bought just another ship with that money anyway. So who cares if its doubloons or money. No, it became very very clear to me, that those who had the ship wanted to keep it as she WAS. They did not wanted to give up their OP Ship, that was their main motivation all along. Everything else, this whole talk about "Customer rights" and "legal obligations" and "dubious company policies"...all a smoke screen. 

I understand that by the way, thats just human and maybe I was "lucky" not to have the ship or I may have been talking different right now. I sure as hell dont want to appear all "high and mighty", I am human and I am selfish but I am also not blind.

I dont care about GC, that discussion is finished but I welcome any good idea that will prevent such a thing happening again.

Problem is, if i pay for a gold-plated cabbage, i wouldnt accept a refund that allows me to choose a normal cabbage.

People bought the gc cause she was op, the players arent to blame for that, wargaming is, so they should take the economic hit, not the players.

Anyways, as you said, its been discussed to death.

• Cool 1

Players
203 posts
3,270 battles
Just now, thiextar said:

Problem is, if i pay for a gold-plated cabbage, i wouldnt accept a refund that allows me to choose a normal cabbage.

People bought the gc cause she was op, the players arent to blame for that, wargaming is, so they should take the economic hit, not the players.

love your honesty. Thank You!

and I agree!

• Cool 2