You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
shonai

ST, new ships

44 comments in this topic

WG Staff
25 posts
5 battles

Japanese destroyer Hayate, tier X

This destroyer is an unusual representative of her nation: the initial concept involves a universal ship with a good main battery and nice torpedoes.

Due to the HE shells increased damage and a high turn time of the main battery, even within the range of Japanese torpedo destroyers, the ship has now all it takes to fight classmates with intensified strength.

Traditionally strong torpedo weapons can be strengthened by consumable "Torpedo Reload Booster". But in this case, it will require to sacrifice Smoke Generator.

Hit points – 20800. Plating - 19 mm.

Main battery - 3x2 127 mm. Firing range - 11.6 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 2150. Chance to cause fire – 9%. Maximum AP shell damage - 2200. Reload time - 4.0 s. 180 degree turn time - 10.0 s. Maximum dispersion - 102 м. HE initial velocity - 915 m/s. AP initial velocity - 915 m/s. Sigma – 2.00.

Torpedo tubes - 2x5 610 mm. Maximum damage - 23767. Range - 12.0 km. Speed - 67 kt. Reload time - 153 s. Launcher 180 degree turn time – 7.2 s. Torpedo detectability - 1.7 km.

AA defense: 8x1 25 mm. 3x2 127 mm. 5x2 40 mm.

Maximum speed - 37 kt. Turning circle radius - 750 m. Rudder shift time – 4.6 s. Surface detectability – 7.7 km. Air detectability – 3.8 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 2.9 km.

Available consumables:

1 slot - Damage Control Party;

2 slot - Smoke Generator / Torpedo Reload Booster (torpedo tube reload time: 8 s);

3 slot - Engine Boost.

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers. The stats are subject to change during testing.

WG_SPB_WoWs_Screens_Supertest_085_1920x1080px_Ship_Hayate.jpg

ST, British battleship Thunderer, tier X

Thunderer continues to develop the concept of the Vanguard battleship: a fragile ship with good maneuverability and fine accuracy of the main battery.

The battleship's relatively weak armor is compensated by a short turn time of the main battery, unique Repair Party and Defensive AA fire, which also allows her to repel air attacks.

Hit points – 82900. Plating - 32 mm.

Main battery - 4x2 457 mm. Firing range - 24.2 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 8200. Chance to cause fire – 63%. Maximum AP shell damage - 14900. Reload time - 30.0 s. 180 degree turn time - 36.0 s. Maximum dispersion - 301 м. HE initial velocity - 757 m/s. AP initial velocity - 762 m/s. Sigma – 2.00.

Secondary Armament: 8x2 133.0 mm, range - 6.0 km. Maximum HE shell damage – 1900. Chance to cause fire – 8%. HE initial velocity - 792 m/s.

AA defense: 7x6 40.0 mm. 8x1 40.0 mm. 4x2 20.0 mm. 8x2 133.0 mm. 12x2 40.0 mm.

AA defense short-range: continuous damage per second - 138, hit probability - 70 %, action zone 0.1-1.5 km;

AA defense mid-range: number of explosions in a salvo - 14, damage within an explosion - 980, continuous damage per second - 815, hit probability - 75 %, action zone 1.5-3.5 km;

AA defense long-range: number of explosions in a salvo - 4, damage within an explosion - 1610, continuous damage per second - 121, hit probability - 75 %, action zone 3.5-6.0 km;

AA sector reinforcement - 25 %, sector reinforcement time - 12 s, sector reinforcement shift time - 12 s.

Maximum speed - 29.5 kt. Turning circle radius - 820 m. Rudder shift time – 10.4 s. Surface detectability – 15.7 km. Air detectability – 12.5 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke – 16.7 km.

Available consumables:

1 slot - Damage Control Party;

2 slot - Repair Party (Healing: 0.6% of maximum hit points per second, citadel repair: 33%, reload time: 90 (60) s);

3 slot - Defensive AA fire.

All stats are listed without crew and upgrade modifiers. The stats are subject to change during testing.

WG_SPB_WoWs_Screens_Supertest_085_1920x1080px_Ship_Thunderer.jpg

P.S. We thank NA CC AprilWhiteMouse for envisioning the future.

Please note that the information in the Development Blog is preliminary.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[RONIN]
Players
1,662 posts
8,585 battles

This seems like a copy and paste of conqueror guns but with 2.0 Sigma on a lion hull, whats the point???

We dont need another Firelighter, we need an "RN Georgia" with good AP.

• Cool 1

Players
9,829 posts
11,528 battles
6 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

This seems like a copy and paste of conqueror but with 2.0 Sigma, whats the point???

Conq/457 does have 2.0 sigma.

Basically Conq alternate guns turned into separate ship.

[RONIN]
Players
1,662 posts
8,585 battles
6 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Conq/457 does have 2.0 sigma.

Basically Conq alternate guns turned into separate ship.

Why....

Fix Conq guns and use Thunderer for something else

Players
9,829 posts
11,528 battles
Just now, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Why....

Fix Conq guns and use Thunderer for something else

Only way to make 457 viable on Conqueror is to remove 419mm simply by virtue of 12 guns outgunning 8, especially as 457 give only 30mm overmatch option.

[RONIN]
Players
1,662 posts
8,585 battles
3 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

What game is WarGaming playing? 

WoCP - World of Copy'n'Paste

• Funny 5

[BOBS2]
[BOBS2]
Players
529 posts
17,792 battles
1 hour ago, shonai said:

ST, British battleship Thunderer, tier X

Okay. Cautious optimism. Let's compare.

Rudder shift of 10.4 seconds without any modules on Thunderer is exactly the same as Conqueror with the Unique Module giving 40% bonus, so I'd get that rudder shift without losing the concealment module or needing the 20% rudder shift module rather than the damage control.

Unique module on Conqueror doesn't quite cancel out the effects of the reload module because of when the +13% and -13% are calculated, so 45 second traverse slowed down by reload module and sped up by unique module and Expert Marksman gives 38.9 seconds. Thunderer has turret traverse of 36 seconds, so if calculations right then slow down by reload module and speed back up by Expert Marksman gives 35.6 seconds, so that's better.

Thunderer AA has some short range to fill in the 1km hole on Conqueror, and encroach on the mid-range by 500m. Same dual purpose secondaries so identical long range AA (flak and continuous). Mid range AA also looks identical in effect despite the difference in how the 40mm guns are mounted.

Repair Party is interesting as they have gone the opposite direction to Conqueror and Lion; rather than having one that works much faster than normal  (1.8%/second rather than 0.6) with a much longer cooldown (180(120) seconds rather than 120(80)) they've given Thunderer one that has the normal rate of healing with a shorter cooldown than normal. Hopefully it will also have the normal number of charges (rather than -1) and will last at least as long as a normal battleship heal (28 seconds rather than 20), though you could argue that one of those disadvantages should be maintained to balance the shorter cooldown. Just depends if you are comparing to Conqueror or Republique and whether you are arguing that Thunderer has 1/3 the rate of healing or that Republique does fine with normal heal and 32mm armour.

Guns are also interesting as I don't see the difference to the 457-Conqueror, other than the "massive" range nerf of 100m down to 24.2km rather than 24.3km (which probably accounts for the 301m rather than 303m dispersion). Muzzle velocity, shell damage, fire chance, and Sigma are all the same. Which is disappointing as making the HE worse (like it is on Warspite and Hood compared with Queen Elizabeth) would be one way to balance making the AP better, or if they borrowed an idea from some of the unique modules then making the range worse would be one way to balance making the reload better.

So I think I'll have to hope they tweaked, or will tweak, something they don't list in these posts or in-game like the autobounce angles. Or just "something" as although I do find the 457-Conqueror AP reliable enough to use it (probably too much) it doesn't feel as reliable as the guns on Republique or Musashi (my highest total damage and highest average damage, respectively).

• Cool 2

[DREAD]
Players
9,567 posts
6,733 battles

Thing is: nobody needs another braindead HE BB - 63% Chance of Fire...? Really? More monkey play

However the IJN DD could be something 

Players
312 posts
914 battles
6 hours ago, shonai said:

WG_SPB_WoWs_Screens_Supertest_085_1920x1080px_Ship_Thunderer.jpg

Do we really need another paper ship that's not giving anything special and is similar to the existing Conqueror?
There is so many legendary ships that are absent in the game. I would rather see in-game HMS Repulse as Tier 5/6 premium than another paper in T10.

• Cool 2

[BOBS2]
[BOBS2]
Players
529 posts
17,792 battles

It's similar to the existing Conqueror because, as far as I know, it's WG's implementation of splitting the Conqueror into two variants, like with the Soviet Tier X Battleship, rather than having two gun options on the same hull. This way they can tweak other aspects of the ship to balance the 419 and 457 armed versions against each other and make them more distinct from each other. So although I can agree that "nobody needs another braindead HE BB" I don't see that it makes much difference whether those guns are on the Conqueror or removed from that to be on the Thunderer.

EDIT: So that was the perspective I was making my comparisons by; if/when they take my 457-Conqueror away from me will I be happy to have the Thunderer instead? To which the answer is that none of the differences much excite me, but as it is similar with some small advantages I'd be happy enough. Happier if they make the AP feel more reliable, but happy enough.

Edited by Johmie
Extra information

Quality Poster, In AlfaTesters
1,475 posts
13,445 battles

Why would they present the Thunderer as a premium, why is it not a researchable alternative to Conq like how Kreml and Slava should be.

[BOBS2]
[BOBS2]
Players
529 posts
17,792 battles

It would be nice to have it confirmed if this is a premium or, as I assumed, an alternative Tier X BB. That Wargaming released ships (and tanks, previously) where the only difference was that the new ones were black shows what their standard for if a premium ship offers something new is. So even the minor differences I've noted far exceeds this.

If this is a premium though then it would have one extra advantage for me over my 457-Conqueror; it would have a permanent camouflage. So I wouldn't buy it for cash, but if it was available for coal or Free-XP then I'd get it, just as I'd have more permoflagues if they were available for coal or Free-XP rather than doubloons.

Of course they might well decide the answer to if the Thunderer is a premium or the alternative option for the Tier X BB is "yes".

1,475 posts
13,445 battles

image.png.4cf3ce8d946e56b0cc27b60a0c8b5afa.png

The gold colouration and class icon confirms this is premium.

As opposed to, for example, Slava;

image.png.0577af1197da4dbc581c2406a7cf4b7d.png

[BOBS2]
[BOBS2]
Players
529 posts
17,792 battles

@Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu True, but Hades Warrior posted a screenshot where the class icon lacked the laurel wreath and the name was in silver.

EDIT: I should have credited Verdius, as they posted it in the "Some interesting info around the world" thread rather than reposting in the discussion thread.

Players
1,619 posts
18,174 battles

I was hoping the Thunderer would have normal AP shells more in the same family as Warspite and the updated Hood, a ship capable of delivering a very heavy AP broadside,

I can't really see in the current proposal that would be different enough from the Conqueror to make her worth getting, but time will tell.

[LAZY]
Beta Tester
128 posts
11,046 battles

This thread about "'new ships" is clickbait.

I was expecting information about the testing of the new Italian cruiser line they are finally ready to introduce in the game !  They have been working so hard on that !!

And their plans for  the Greek navy.

After 6 months of testing and fixing the  new carriers , now that they are finally done with that, and they finally have their beloved russian (paper) battleships...

1,475 posts
13,445 battles
3 hours ago, Garfield4 said:

This thread about "'new ships" is clickbait.

I was expecting information about the testing of the new Italian cruiser line they are finally ready to introduce in the game !  They have been working so hard on that !!

And their plans for  the Greek navy.

After 6 months of testing and fixing the  new carriers , now that they are finally done with that, and they finally have their beloved russian (paper) battleships...

And once the RU BBs are in the game comes the French DDs, and after the French DDs comes the Italian cruisers.

• Cool 1

Players
684 posts
73 battles
19 hours ago, Astolfo_Is_My_Waifu said:

And once the RU BBs are in the game comes the French DDs, and after the French DDs comes the Italian cruisers.

Ehhhh. WG said they know when they are releasing an an Italian line. Not that it would be after French destroyers. AFAIK. 

1,475 posts
13,445 battles
2 minutes ago, SparvieroVV said:

Ehhhh. WG said they know when they are releasing an an Italian line. Not that it would be after French destroyers. AFAIK. 

I can't provide any source so I could be mistaken, but I was sure they hinted at the next line after French DDs being a European cruiser line.