You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sukasaa

Minotour Captain. :3

11 comments in this topic

[COMFY]
Players
125 posts
7,273 battles

Which skills should I pick after getting

PT/AR/SI/CE ? =)

I was thinking picking up following:

Jack of All Trades

Smoke Screen Expert

Vigilance 

Radio Location.

[ONE2]
Players
3,096 posts
22,156 battles
1 minute ago, Sukasaa said:

Which skills should I pick after getting

PT/AR/SI/CE ? =)

I was thinking picking up following:

Jack of All Trades

Smoke Screen Expert

Vigilance 

Radio Location.

They are all good choices but I would lose AR and take BOTH Jack of All Trades and Smoke Screen Expert instead... She machine-guns fast enough as is and the additional 0.something seconds faster reload at the last minute of your life isn't going to do much to improve the situation annyhoot. :cap_hmm:

[SHAFT]
Players
10,379 posts
9,122 battles

I think SSE is a waste of 2 points...

RPF could make sense, but imo more if you would play Radar mino. And radar mino with that amount of CVs simply isnt that good. I went back to smoke mino.

Vigilance i personaly dont like, and you should be running hydro when in smoke. But more of a personal thing.

JoaT is good.

Maybe Manual AA? SE for meme build :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
2,610 posts
6,390 battles

Imo all of those suggested skills seems like a bit of a waste. You are the single strongest aa ship in the game, run a full aa build, and show those carriers some karma.

• Cool 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,161 posts
20,120 battles
Just now, thiextar said:

show those carriers some karma.

*laughs in Enterprise*

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,958 battles

Minotaurs can be either unapproachable AA hell ships that whip any squadron from the air from afar.....or quite unimpressive cruisers that take frightning amounts of damage from rocket or divebomb attack, thus making it worthwhile to lose some aircraft to them and return untill they sink or explode.

Most minotaurs appear to be quite easily dispensable.......i only lose a squadron now and then to a Minotaur, and then i know to avoid that one, as it's owner is obviously not clueless to it's real strenght's.

I do not know why players castrate their ship into a build that doesn't not utulize it's designed strenghts.......but i am thankful for it as they make for easy targets, where as they did i would not be able to touch them without regretting it late game.

I say all this from prespective of T8 CV, so 2 tiers lower then the Minotaur...........makes obvious how much players without an AA build castrate their Minotaur. Maybe it is worth it if aircraft aren't your biggest concern or if it is worth being sunk by aircraft not taking the skills.....they are quite nasty HE spammers too.....

Players
8,406 posts
9,218 battles
2 hours ago, Beastofwar said:

I say all this from prespective of T8 CV, so 2 tiers lower then the Minotaur...........makes obvious how much players without an AA build castrate their Minotaur. Maybe it is worth it if aircraft aren't your biggest concern or if it is worth being sunk by aircraft not taking the skills.....they are quite nasty HE spammers too.....

409314182635323402.png.16851c089e283cced5a279b378dbc4ac.png

lolwut

[BHSFL]
Players
3,690 posts
13,958 battles

AP only right......confused them with other AA cruisers T9 and 10 with that part. But to me that is of no consequence most of the time, they are not shooting AP only up in the air.

Don't worry, no one ever listens to me anyway. But the not taking AA skills part is accurate. It makes them very vulnerable, and WG probably will not buff what is not broken but misconfigured.

• Cool 1

[ROT8]
[ROT8]
Beta Tester
1,509 posts
10,190 battles

mino aa is a god when they surprise you but any cv player with more than 1 brain cell will once caught out not send any planes near you till he has no choice

I personally find minos a pain if I want to target something near them but if a mino is out of smoke and I can db  them with my ap bombs they are gonna feel the love big time and 9 to 10k a salvo of rockets is usual on them as well

[SCRUB]
Players
3,822 posts
18,475 battles

On my Mino I can have 2 captains :

(AA Mino build - favorite one)

PT

AR + Joat (special captain)

BFT + SI

Man AA + CE

(DD hunter build - but I don't use this often anymore)

PT

AR + Joat

SE + SI

RL + CE

(radar instead of smoke)

• Cool 1