Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Karasu_Hidesuke

Naval Battle Defeat 10 - 11 NF?

17 comments in this topic

Players
5,130 posts

I logged in and was somewhat negatively surprised that in the Naval battle what had looked like a 10 - 10 draw yesterday had turned into a 10 - 11 DEFEAT overnight.

Any explanation? Have the rules changed, do some clans now get extra attempts or what? :Smile-angry:

image.thumb.png.59464162975372f22d7d74ac6bb97a32.png

EDIT I had also posted on the forums this in another thread:

Er.. just checking if anybody else is spotting something odd about Naval Battles attempt counter?

I have (supposedly) completed all my 10 attempts for this weekend and now am shown to lead 10 to 3... however! In port view the tab shows '3' and when I bring the cursor over it the pop up says:

Attempts left: 3

! Attempts are not counted in.

Like.. what? 

Players
5,130 posts
1 minute ago, Cambera_1 said:

What time did you check last night?

I cant remember exactly, I played in the evening but not past midnight.

[BOBS3]
Players
1,016 posts
19,750 battles

Engagement
from Friday (7:00 CET) till Monday (7:00 CET)
On Friday the Preparation stage ends and the Engagement begins! Clans from all servers which have completed the combat mission will compete in Random, Co-op, and Ranked Battles from Friday till Sunday

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/naval-battle-clans-competition/#battle

I hope that this answers it.

Players
5,130 posts
4 minutes ago, Cambera_1 said:

Sorry, not really. I still don't get it how come they had 11 attempts and I only 10. Kind of makes it a defeat by default for me meaning extremely unfair.

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
3 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Sorry, not really. I still don't get it how come they had 11 attempts and I only 10. Kind of makes it a defeat by default for me meaning extremely unfair.

where do you see theirs attempts?

Players
5,130 posts
1 minute ago, veslingr said:

where do you see theirs attempts?

I have always assumed everyone has 10 attempts max. It's that counter under the Naval Battle tab (you click on it) that tells you what the score is. (See the pic, for me it's today 10 - 11 after the weekend battle is over....)

[SHAFT]
Players
10,340 posts
9,122 battles
1 minute ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

I have always assumed everyone has 10 attempts max. It's that counter under the Naval Battle tab (you click on it) that tells you what the score is. (See the pic, for me it's today 10 - 11 after the weekend battle is over....)

?

The more people a clan has, the more attempts they get. Individually you have 10 attempts, but 10 players in a clan got 100 total.

• Cool 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
Just now, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

your pics shows your clan got 10 stars, their 11....this is not number of attempts. This is how ours looks....we did not have 103 attempts bud 103 successful attempts

shot-19.05.20_19.21.38-0646.jpg

• Cool 1

Players
5,130 posts
4 minutes ago, veslingr said:

your pics shows your clan got 10 stars, their 11....this is not number of attempts. This is how ours looks....we did not have 103 attempts bud 103 successful attempts

shot-19.05.20_19.21.38-0646.jpg

I see.. okay thanks for the explanation. I didn't know it kept score of stars instead of succesful attempts.. damn. In other words, if the system sets me up against a bigger guild I don't really have a snowball's chance in hell of anything but losing...... :Smile_sad:

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
2 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

I see.. okay thanks for the explanation. I didn't know it kept score of stars instead of succesful attempts.. damn. In other words, if the system sets me up against a bigger guild I don't really have a snowball's chance in hell of anything but losing...... :Smile_sad:

yes..this system favors bigger clans

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,808 posts
17,180 battles
27 minutes ago, veslingr said:

yes..this system favors bigger clans 

So like almost everything in WoWs?

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
Just now, Ubertron_X said:

So like almost everything in WoWs?

Well in CB basically it is not.

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,398 posts
7,294 battles
40 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Although the system tries to rate you against a similar clan, in this case your one man clan was against a 2 man clan. So they have 20 attempts (10 each) against your 10.

Players
5,130 posts
1 minute ago, Xevious_Red said:

Although the system tries to rate you against a similar clan, in this case your one man clan was against a 2 man clan. So they have 20 attempts (10 each) against your 10.

I guess this is something I could try to find out if it's a bigger clan than mine (beforehand, I mean). Then draw my conclusions from that.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,808 posts
17,180 battles
1 hour ago, veslingr said:

Well in CB basically it is not. 

Dunno. Beta rating seems to favour bigger clans too?

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this