AwesomeBoat

Supercontainer chances

17 comments in this topic

[MAD]
Players
88 posts
758 battles

Hi

I've noticed that when I collect a container it says the 'Try your luck' option has a bigger chance of getting a supercontainer.

Does 'Try your luck' option have a significantly bigger chance of a supercontainer compared to different options like the 'More Resources' option?

Thanks

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,355 posts
Vor 41 Minuten, AwesomeBoat sagte:

Does 'Try your luck' option have a significantly bigger chance of a supercontainer compared to different options like the 'More Resources' option?

of course there are no offical numbers about the chances. According to my experience it is about 4.9% for TyL and 1.6% for Non-TyL...

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,374 posts
9,371 battles
10 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

of course there are no offical numbers about the chances. According to my experience it is about 4.9% for TyL and 1.6% for Non-TyL...

Actually:

"Every collected daily container has a small chance (~1.5%) to become a Super Container. "

Nothing about TYLs though

• Cool 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

I can't remember where I read it but I think I remember that it was a WG post:

The Try Your Luck containers simply roll a second time if the first roll is not a supercontainer. So you get two chances instead of one.

• Cool 1

[ROT8]
Players
2,730 posts

I have pressed TYL averaging twice a day for the past 2 months or so (since flags became available for credits) had no super containers at all until last Friday. Then had 2 in a row and 2 more over the weekend.

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,355 posts
Vor 12 Stunden, domen3 sagte:

Actually:

Can you give me the source please :Smile_honoring:? Beause until now I wasn't aware of any official statement about the chances

• Cool 1

[WG]
WG Staff
4,418 posts
4,348 battles

We won't tell how high is the chance to get supercontainer. But it is really certain, that TYL option will give you double the chance. But still, you have just chance calculated in some percents, that every single time you are trying with the same percentage. 

• Cool 2

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

It's guestimated to be around 1.5% for regular containers (Credits, consumables,...) and 1.5%+1.5% (not 3%, since you get 2, non correlated, drops) for TYL. There is no pity-timer, so you always start over with the same odds. Pity-timer was investigated so it would increase the chance of getting a supercontainer if you had a long streak of regular containers. Nothing came to fruition as of now. 

Now the contents of the supercontainer: mostly flags & camo. Then doubloons, premium & coal, then steel, then ships. The chance of ships is very low (around 1%)

• Cool 3

[WTFNO]
Players
597 posts
10,409 battles
40 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

and 1.5%+1.5% (not 3%, since you get 2, non correlated, drops)

Which gives 2.98% if not mistaken :D

• Cool 1

[HOB]
1,821 posts
7,672 battles
1 godzinę temu, YabbaCoe napisał:

We won't tell how high is the chance to get supercontainer. But it is really certain, that TYL option will give you double the chance. But still, you have just chance calculated in some percents, that every single time you are trying with the same percentage. 

Is it exactly double? Or only rounded to double?

godzinę temu, MrFingers napisał:

Now the contents of the supercontainer: mostly flags & camo. Then doubloons, premium & coal, then steel, then ships. The chance of ships is very low (around 1%)

At September there was a topic in PL forum about drops from supercontainers (X tier anniversaries, so many SC in short time).
Chances for ships and very precious drops may be lower than table, because some of players decided to write due to good drop. But most of drops belongs to active and trusted players.

553 drops

image.png.309eda762412f2ed6ad2cce3fc220ce2.png

2500 db and 100 FXP exists, but there are very very rare drop

+bonus  from January 2018 (calendar with cat - 2 SC per capita) - 1st position is removed modification, later joined steel and coal

image.png.34045c3f90ed61aa7f73a215c606e078.png

• Cool 1

Players
186 posts
3,174 battles

Well, I just got my 2nd Tier 8 ship, the Mogami unlocked yesterday and had a pretty okay first battle with it, 103k dmg, so I was pretty happy.

And I just got enough XP to unlock the 3rd container for the day and I asked for More Resources and got a Supercontainer! I havent TYL-ed for a long time, it just didn't seem worth it, so this was a nice surprise.

Judging from the last Supercontainer I got for completing a collection, I was expecting 15k coal (that's what I got last time)...which would have come in real handy,...but no matter, 50k Free XP is definitely welcome, I could research my Mogami's range and 2nd hull, and still had some left for the Baltimore I'm about to unlock...

• Cool 1

Players
98 posts
1,267 battles
1 hour ago, AwesomeBoat said:

Thanks, is there any quicker way to get coal than 'More Resources' containers?

You sometimes get missions that enable you to earn extra coal, plus last Christmas we got the 'snowflake' event that got you coal/steel for the first battle played (or was it victory - I don't recall?) in each ship above a certain tier (tiers and rewards varied depending on whether ships were premium or not). At the moment, the 'basic' Russian containers give you 300 coal a pop (plus some other stuff) as well.

I personally just collect 'more resources' containers every time I earn a container, and the coal builds up fairly quickly.

If you do well in Clans/Ranked, you can earn useful amounts of steel too, which can be converted into coal (the reverse isn't possible); this is often not advisable though, as steel is much harder to earn than coal.

• Cool 1

[HOB]
1,821 posts
7,672 battles
5 godzin temu, AwesomeBoat napisał:

Thanks, is there any quicker way to get coal than 'More Resources' containers?

If talking only about daily containers:

• more res gives you always 1 slot of coal and maybe 2nd and 3rd
  • other "more" gives 0-2 slots, so there are the worst way for coal
  • TYL gives sometimes 900 coal. Both chances are unknown, but compared to "more res", TYL should give less coal
  • If chance for supercotainer is double for TYL and it is 3/4/5%, compared to my research with 13% chance for coal (11 directly + 2 convertable steel) - it should give average extra 30/40/50 coal per container (but very irregular due to 15k or nothing)
  • Remember about other rewards. "More res" is best option for coal and some types of singals. TYL is best option for special signals, better camos, doubloons, prem acc, ships, steel. Other types give too much of useless credits and their counterparts
  • Cool 1

[ROT8]
Players
2,730 posts
On 5/21/2019 at 6:51 AM, bushwacker001 said:

I have pressed TYL averaging twice a day for the past 2 months or so (since flags became available for credits) had no super containers at all until last Friday. Then had 2 in a row and 2 more over the weekend.

Just to update this thread and not gloating but since this post about 10 days ago I have had 4 more SC's and 1 on my other account (only played 2 battles on it in that time). Nothing more than signals and Camo's inside but must have stood in some particularly lucky dog poo lately. :cap_cool: All pressing the TML button.

Although just before I had a ranked battle with 4 players on my team with a WR below 41%, easiest star save ever in a Kremlin. I am assuming the SC was an apology from WG. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[MAD]
Players
88 posts
758 battles

Thanks for the replies everyone, decided to always go for more Resources containers as I'm saving coal for the Aigle.

• Cool 2