Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
StanicEnemy

I cant deal damage

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
9 posts
868 battles

Enemy ships deal tons of damage but when I shoot them i dont even deal damage? they almost one hit me but it takes a98219831982398129832189312 shots to deal dmg for me.

My ship is ibuki seems like its one of worst ship in game.I tried ap and he ammo, non of them deal some damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles

You can post a replay, so we can see where you are shooting at.

You have only 700 battles played. You are most likely lacking knowledge which area to shoot at, and maybe even which ammo to use.

 

That said, Ibuki has 203mm guns, so its HE is potent against pretty much everything. AP is usefull against broadside BBs/Cruisers only.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONE2]
Players
3,151 posts
26,372 battles

Ibuki is a good ship, never had problems getting something done with her (well, almost never). Maybe you are shooting at the wrong place or perhaps getting Over-Penetrations or bounces a lot? Would be easier to say, if you could show us a replay on what is happening. :Smile_Default:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
9 posts
868 battles
10 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

You can post a replay, so we can see where you are shooting at.

You have only 700 battles played. You are most likely lacking knowledge which area to shoot at, and maybe even which ammo to use.

 

That said, Ibuki has 203mm guns, so its HE is potent against pretty much everything. AP is usefull against broadside BBs/Cruisers only.

I might be lacking knowledge of ships but its really annoying when i get one shot by enemy ship.I usually spam the hell out of HE ammo against BBs and AP ammo against cruisers when the angle is right.

8 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Ibuki is a good ship, never had problems getting something done with her (well, almost never). Maybe you are shooting at the wrong place or perhaps getting Over-Penetrations or bounces a lot? Would be easier to say, if you could show us a replay on what is happening. :Smile_Default:

Could be yes, i usually aim at the bottom of enemy ship with AP ammo.
Its really getting on my nervous,i want to uninstall the game once again.

https://replayswows.com/replay/51040#teams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,288 posts
22,755 battles

First Welcome to the forum.

 

Know for some advice

 

Watch some you tube videos 

 

Notser has some good vids under TIPS AND TRICKS

ICHASEGAMING has some good vids under (World of Warships - Captain's Academy - Guides, Tutorials, Tips)

 

Watch the ones teaching you about shell types and the like.

 

Also go to the WORLD OF WARSHIPS youtube page

https://www.youtube.com/user/worldofwarshipsCOM

 

Watch the HOW TO videos they are also very informative

 

Destroyers...... Mate for you own health i suggest you stop playing Russian DDs, They are by a long way the hardest DD line to play well in..

I would suggest the American/German as a good DD tech tree's to start with. Japanies are also good.. but you are very Vulnerable to other DDs and can be a little frustrating.

Go back to Russian DD's when you have learned DD game play.. then they are very rewarding and fun

 

 
 
 
 
 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
9 posts
868 battles
1 minute ago, T0byJug said:

First Welcome to the forum.

 

Know for some advice

 

Watch some you tube videos 

 

Notser has some good vids under TIPS AND TRICKS

ICHASEGAMING has some good vids under (World of Warships - Captain's Academy - Guides, Tutorials, Tips)

 

Watch the ones teaching you about shell types and the like.

 

Also go to the WORLD OF WARSHIPS youtube page

https://www.youtube.com/user/worldofwarshipsCOM

 

Watch the HOW TO videos they are also very informative

 

Destroyers...... Mate for you own health i suggest you stop playing Russian DDs, They are by a long way the hardest DD line to play well in..

I would suggest the American/German as a good DD tech tree's to start with. Japanies are also good.. but you are very Vulnerable to other DDs and can be a little frustrating.

Go back to Russian DD's when you have learned DD game play.. then they are very rewarding

 

 
 
 
 
 

 

Thank you.I am so angry to my friend. as you said i should stop playing with russian DDs, one of my friend who has been playing this game for years, he recommended me that russian DD ship when i started playing this game for the first time.I think i will never and ever trust him again.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,288 posts
22,755 battles
2 minutes ago, StanicEnemy said:


Its really getting on my nervous,i want to uninstall the game once again.

https://replayswows.com/replay/51040#teams

Stick at it the game is fun.. (MOST OF THE TIME) :Smile_hiding:

You just need to learn how the game works...

 

Also stay down in tier 4  for a bit longer you don't have to rush to tier X i think i had about 5k games before i got my first tier X ship. tier 4 has protected match making you will only see tier 5 ships at the most.  you can go to tier 5 as they is some good ships there but you will see a lot of tier 7. Also at lower tiers you will not hemarige credits

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,288 posts
22,755 battles
4 minutes ago, StanicEnemy said:

Thank you.I am so angry to my friend. as you said i should stop playing with russian DDs, one of my friend who has been playing this game for years, he recommended me that russian DD ship when i started playing this game for the first time.I think i will never and ever trust him again.

Trust me they are great fun.. but not as your first DD tech line... 

I am a DD main and have played just about every DD in the game extensively. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,057 posts
245 battles
2 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

Trust me they are great fun.. but not as your first DD tech line... 

I am a DD main and have played just about every DD in the game extensively. 

i just wish i wasn't utter shite with torpedoes, in my gaede and maass otherwise i might actually do more than 35k damage per game xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CHEFT]
Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
10 minutes ago, StanicEnemy said:

 

Watched the replay, and just 2 things about why you dealt less damage than you could have:

Spoiler

shot-19_05.20_15_41.04-0864.thumb.jpg.bbba966626c132eea946e5e7610b4d7f.jpg

 

Here when you shot the FDG. German BBs tend to have really thick armor everywhere. You cant penetrate them with your HE. The best bet is to go for their large superstructure. The shells landed a bit short and hit his belt/deck armor.

French and UK BBs have less armor, them you can pen basicly everywhere with your Ibuki. US and IJN BBs are in between. They dont have as thick armor as Germans, but have places where you will shatter. If you want to learn more about that, just check some armor models in port. You can also check your HE penetration in port, for Ibuki its 33mm. Every armor, which is more than 33mm will shatter your HE shell, and you cant deal any damage. However, you can still start fires normaly.

 

Spoiler

shot-19_05.20_15_44.53-0186.thumb.jpg.deae670345f7a7cde296aa9f7392464e.jpg

 

Here your aim is too high. Cruisers have generally thin armor except at the belt (where the citadel is). If you hit thin armor with AP, you will have a higher probability to get overpens, which deal little damage.

 

General advice:

You have problems estimating speed of the targets, or basicly get the correct lead. You can use your torpedo tubes to see, how fast the target is moving. The closer the indicator is to the ship, the slower it is moving. Or see the smokestacks, it also indicates if the target is not moving (no smoke) or reversing (smoke is blowing to the bow of the ship)

Occasionally you seem to follow your shells to see if you hit. Funny thing is, it felt, that the salvos which were off, you didnt check where they were going :cap_haloween:

If you get a better feeling how to get a correct lead, you will also deal more damage. You missed out on more damage because your lead was off, than that your shells didnt deal any damage depsite hitting.

 

And Cruisers are extremely squisy. You show broadside -> BBs will citadel you. (well, they can also citadel you if you dont show broadside, but its less likely, as you make yourself smaller). You should stay at longrange with your Ibuki, and shoot HE most of the time. When the time is right, you can move closer ofc, but you need more battles to learn that properly. Wiggle as much as possible in between shots, your reload isnt the fastest, so you can turn in to use all guns, and turn out when they are reloading. Also have an eye on when BBs are shooting you, then you shouldnt turn broadside ofc.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
9 posts
868 battles
33 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

-snip

Thank you so much for explanation, you have pointed out the things that i was doing wrong at all.I will need to play more games to get to know the ships, to be honest  i didn't know that 700+ games was not enough to play in high tier.I am going to follow the information that you have given.

 

Sorry for my bad english.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONE2]
Players
3,151 posts
26,372 battles
Just now, StanicEnemy said:

Thank you so much for explanation, you have pointed out the things that i was doing wrong at all.I will need to play more games to get to know the ships, to be honest  i didn't know that 700+ games was not enough to play in high tier.I am going to follow the information that you have given.

It might also be helpful, if you used the Dynamic Crosshair (if not already using it). It takes some getting used to but in the end you do not need to take so much lead and in this way it makes it easier to aim and hit fast moving targets, like all the high tier ships tend to be. :Smile_Default:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,274 posts
24,254 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, StanicEnemy sagte:

My ship is ibuki seems like its one of worst ship in game.I tried ap and he ammo, non of them deal some damage.

Ibuki is a great ship. You just need to use it as intended and understand the damage mechanics. (Disregarding the results of the botched CV rework for a moment.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,320 posts
10,975 battles
2 hours ago, StanicEnemy said:

Enemy ships deal tons of damage but when I shoot them i dont even deal damage? they almost one hit me but it takes a98219831982398129832189312 shots to deal dmg for me.

My ship is ibuki seems like its one of worst ship in game.I tried ap and he ammo, non of them deal some damage.

How is your ship specced and what captain skills do you use?

Also: run premium consumables! Totally worth the extra cost. 

 

And you need to understand the armorscheme of the ibuki. It is made out of Shoji paper. So your best bet to negate damage taken and survive is dodging. 

 

To perform best in a ship, play it for its intended purpose. Ibuki for example has low detection (which means you can support DDs by sailing close behind them and giving fire support), high HE and fire dmg potential (HE all the way baby) and is rather maneuverable (you can dodge a lot of incoming fire by playing with your speed and wiggling). It is one of the best kiters (sailing with the enemy chasing your booty, keeping them lit up). It's major weakness is the armor though so do not try to tank shells with your ship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
8,021 posts

Good advice, also remember whether you can deal damage is a combination of several factors: your aim, your guns, shell type, ballistics, game lag (if any), target heading, target speed, target angle, target armor and RNG for starters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
10,760 posts
12,275 battles
2 hours ago, StanicEnemy said:

I might be lacking knowledge of ships but its really annoying when i get one shot by enemy ship

Welcome to cruisers, enjoy your citadel. You should figure that out by now...

 

Besides, Ibuki is fine HE slinger, AP is more than adequate when it comes to brutalizing broadside cruisers at most ranges. Torpedoes, while potent, are secondary option and useful only when kiting enemies, especially with IJN rear facing launchers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,320 posts
10,975 battles
11 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Good advice, also remember whether you can deal damage is a combination of several factors: your aim, your guns, shell type, ballistics, game lag (if any), target heading, target speed, target angle, target armor and RNG for starters.

... And saturation. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×