You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
__Citsacras__

CVs this is not working!

52 comments in this topic

Players
1 post
10,187 battles

Good Afternoon,

I had two tier 6 games with in each two tier 8 CVs, i was focus by both in each game, guess what? i endured 2 min in each game played and did 0 dmg, it was fun!

A player need alot of skills to play that thing and take all the fun of the game.

PLEASE rework CVs, get the old version back or get this things out of the game, we dont need this things in game!

• Cool 3
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 2

[CATS]
Players
27,248 posts
14,525 battles

Position yourself closer to ships with strong AA. Do not be in the fist line of attack at the beginning.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,106 posts
20,018 battles
3 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Position yourself closer to ships with strong AA.

- implying there are strong AA ships at those tiers

• Cool 4
  • Funny 7

[TF57]
Players
101 posts
10,767 battles
18 minutes ago, __Citsacras__ said:

Good Afternoon,

I had two tier 6 games with in each two tier 8 CVs, i was focus by both in each game

What ship were you playing

Players
231 posts
4,857 battles
1 minute ago, Besserwisser3000 said:

Can you [edited]stop this low IQ garbage? Nothing will protect you. Same happened to me just now. 800 wtr carrier. FU WG.

Nothing will protect you if a CV really wants you dead but if you take the proper precautions you can make it more difficult for him. By doing so you're absorbing his resources giving your team more freedom to play which more often than not will result in a win for your team. If you expose yourself and CVs keep picking you off without putting in too much effort you're dying without improving your team's win chance.

I suppose it depends why you play, if you play to experience the game and have fun doing it then I can see how being focused by carriers and killed in the first 5 minutes of every game is awful even if it gets you a 75% win rate, on the other hand some people play for the win with their own experience being irrelevant, they would happily take being picked off by carriers in the first 5 minutes of every game for a 75% win rate.

• Boring 1

[THESO]
Players
51 posts
15,132 battles

People's solutions in these threads seem to completely ignore spawns, if you don't spawn near AA ships (or any ships at all, have had several games where either I or someone else on the team spawned alone) then what?

• Cool 4

[UNICS]
Players
66 posts
19,803 battles
Vor 37 Minuten, ColonelPete sagte:

Do not be in the fist line of attack at the beginning. 

best advice for all ships. dont be in the first line of attack-  stay in the second line. but wait if there is no first line... second is first:Smile_amazed::Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 4

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,631 posts
24,297 battles

i tend to agree by now (and been on that side b4). i can see nothing really that would make this kind of interaction work on a fair basis. without things like slingshots. i just got wrecked in my atlanta by an enterprise... helped out by a good junk from an enemy bb, but still: on like 3 attack runs that big-E lost 12 planes. on use of defAA and a full AA spec atlanta...

they simply screwed it more up than rts ever been in the end and now try to "live"-push in shape what just is too fat for the given suit imho. and as much as i'm fine with having cv's ingame in general, as much i start to get annoyed hard by the way they are and the number of matches in which they occur...

• Cool 4

Players
231 posts
4,857 battles
14 minutes ago, omardais said:

People's solutions in these threads seem to completely ignore spawns, if you don't spawn near AA ships (or any ships at all, have had several games where either I or someone else on the team spawned alone) then what?

Accept that the first 90 seconds of the battle are just you getting in to position. Head towards a cluster of ships on a sort of top half of a triangle path like this.

-----

Ships ------ you --/        \-- ships.

Caps ------ Caps ------ Caps

Enemy

[CATS]
Players
27,248 posts
14,525 battles
48 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

• US cruiser/BB
  • RU cruiser/BB
  • some UK BB
  • any ship with decent AA and AA setup
16 minutes ago, 000_LULU_000 said:

best advice for all ships. ...

No, it is not. Some ships have no business in the second line.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[GURKA]
Players
5,321 posts
10,733 battles
1 hour ago, __Citsacras__ said:

Good Afternoon,

I had two tier 6 games with in each two tier 8 CVs, i was focus by both in each game, guess what? i endured 2 min in each game played and did 0 dmg, it was fun!

A player need alot of skills to play that thing and take all the fun of the game.

PLEASE rework CVs, get the old version back or get this things out of the game, we dont need this things in game!

So you would prefer to get nuked by a T8 RTS-CV instantly in your T6? :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,631 posts
24,297 battles
14 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

So you would prefer to get nuked by a T8 RTS-CV instantly in your T6? :cap_haloween:

u mean via simple things like set number of planes, autodrop potatoes and simple fixes like +/-1 mm for cv's (oh, only cv's each 2 tiers now, yay....), auto recall time/max moving range for squads (fuel) or AA adjustments?! yep, absoluetly... coz, at least in that scenario i could hug an atlanta and be sure he'd wreck all those juicy planes....

i mean really: now we get immunity times in a non buff/debuff pvp and slingshots.... it's pathetic, just as all their attempts "to make it work" lol.

nvm, we've been on that b4...

[MORIA]
Players
7,465 posts
37,097 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

If it's T8 MM yes there are. 

Players
440 posts
5,436 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

In those games there are usually T7 cruisers like Atlanta, Belfast, New Orleans and Helena.

• Bad 1

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
1,304 posts
6,672 battles
24 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

u mean via simple things like set number of planes, autodrop potatoes and simple fixes like +/-1 mm for cv's (oh, only cv's each 2 tiers now, yay....), auto recall time/max moving range for squads (fuel) or AA adjustments?! yep, absoluetly... coz, at least in that scenario i could hug an atlanta and be sure he'd wreck all those juicy planes....

i mean really: now we get immunity times in a non buff/debuff pvp and slingshots.... it's pathetic, just as all their attempts "to make it work" lol.

nvm, we've been on that b4...

Have you tried turning on your UNLIMITED DFAA?

Spoiler

tenor-2.gif

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,631 posts
24,297 battles
3 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Have you tried turning on your UNLIMITED DFAA?

Reveal hidden contents

tenor-2.gif

49 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

[...]i just got wrecked in my atlanta by an enterprise... helped out by a good junk from an enemy bb, but still: on like 3 attack runs that big-E lost 12 planes. on use of defAA and a full AA spec atlanta...

[...]

has there been something?:Smile_sceptic:

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,106 posts
20,018 battles
42 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:
  • US cruiser/BB
  • RU cruiser/BB
  • some UK BB
  • any ship with decent AA and AA setup
20 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

If it's T8 MM yes there are. 

11 minutes ago, gustywinds said:

In those games there are usually T7 cruisers like Atlanta, Belfast, New Orleans and Helena.

US cruisers and BBs tend to get :etc_swear:ed due to low health pools and no torp protection worth mentioning. NC is among my favorite targets nowadays. Same applies to UK BBs (that have AA actually worth mentioning). Cleve and Balti get murdered by rockets, torps or god forbid AP bombs. Alabama/Massachussetts are perhaps the best AA ships at their tier due to that but it is still insufficient to deny second and sometimes even third strikes depending on build.

The biggest joke of them all are Atlanta and Flint. Those die so fast for negligible losses it's not even funny.

RU cruiser AA isn't even remotely worth mentioning. Chapayev e.g. has comparable AA to a Pensacola. Same with Kutuzov. Belfast too. They're fundamentally incapable of even denying a 4th rocket strike from an Enterprise.

RU BBs have less AA than IJN ones.

AA builds don't matter due to the tiers general lack of sufficient base AA.

• Cool 3

Players
321 posts
5,877 battles
Vor 1 Stunde, Caughtintherain sagte:

Nothing will protect you if a CV really wants you dead but if you take the proper precautions you can make it more difficult for him. By doing so you're absorbing his resources giving your team more freedom to play which more often than not will result in a win for your team. If you expose yourself and CVs keep picking you off without putting in too much effort you're dying without improving your team's win chance.

I suppose it depends why you play, if you play to experience the game and have fun doing it then I can see how being focused by carriers and killed in the first 5 minutes of every game is awful even if it gets you a 75% win rate, on the other hand some people play for the win with their own experience being irrelevant, they would happily take being picked off by carriers in the first 5 minutes of every game for a 75% win rate.

Are you serious? Who in his right mind would think that "absorbing CV resources" while being at the mercy of a goddamn potato in godmode is fun? And god forbid the CV actually know what he is doing.

I play this game to do damage and blow up stuff. And to win. And CVs are ruining it regularly.

• Cool 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,106 posts
20,018 battles

Or to put this into perspective:

Spoiler

MvuN7QU.jpg

W00WBIm.jpg

hMTeeeu.jpg

- fly into Scharn, Gneis, Atlanta, Maass and Saint-Louis AA

- hit Scharn for topkek 24k citadel (read: almost unrecoverable) damage

- 5 planes out of 6 survive

- I don't even run HP upgrade for DBs lol

#balans

And wanna know why that Atlanta is so low HP?

Because I expended a paltry 7 rocket planes to make it so.

AA below T9 is dead. In fact even a lot of T9 ships have insufficient AA to deny a second strike.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
27,248 posts
14,525 battles
9 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

US cruisers and BBs tend to get :etc_swear:ed due to low health pools and no torp protection worth mentioning. NC is among my favorite targets nowadays. Same applies to UK BBs (that have AA actually worth mentioning). Cleve and Balti get murdered by rockets, torps or god forbid AP bombs. Alabama/Massachussetts are perhaps the best AA ships at their tier due to that but it is still insufficient to deny second and sometimes even third strikes depending on build.

The biggest joke of them all are Atlanta and Flint. Those die so fast for negligible losses it's not even funny.

RU cruiser AA isn't even remotely worth mentioning. Chapayev e.g. has comparable AA to a Pensacola. Same with Kutuzov. Belfast too. They're fundamentally incapable of even denying a 4th rocket strike from an Enterprise.

RU BBs have less AA than IJN ones.

You are not supposed to fight them off alone...

2+ ships and it works quite well, especially since CV players cannot dodge AA clouds in all directions.

10 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

AA builds don't matter due to the tiers general lack of sufficient base AA.

Tell that my to my AA Haguro...

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,106 posts
20,018 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

2+ ships and it works quite well, especially since CV players cannot dodge AA clouds in all directions.

There is no need to dodge when you misdirect AA.

2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

See above.

What exactly do I have to fear?

[TOXIC]
Alpha Tester
2,106 posts
7,231 battles
8 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

You are not supposed to fight them off alone...

So you are saying that you need 3 ships to stop one single ship from attacking you? That seems balanced. Also, see the post above.

8 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Huh. I did not know that Harugumo was in the 6-8 tier range...

EDIT: You can't mean the Myoko-clone? If you consider the AA of that ship to be good, it tells more of the CV players you are facing than the ship itself.

• Cool 1