Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
puxflacet

Your cause is very WRONG, WG!

14 comments in this topic

Modder
1,691 posts
3,667 battles

eeVQhOq.jpg

btGWO9m.jpg

...and your attitude is like the most hypocritical double standard I ever came across.

Like seriously, stop with this. How far are you planning to go? If there is even any space to go further...You just can not censor every imaginable sensitive symbol while blatantly promote communism at the same time. You should be sued for this for real.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[CLTS]
Players
104 posts
5,826 battles

Comrade Commissar! This individual is in need of re-education! 

on a serious side, this is how it is, use mods if you want historically accurate flags and markings... For Russia the Soviet Union is not a full on negative like for many of the ex CCCP countries... It's a Russian Dev team and company, go figure... And also just want to add, that many other media entities show the symbol of the CCCP but hide/censor other markings, insignias... not much to get all pumped up on... It is how it is... After all they won the eastern front in WW2, and History is Written by the Victor. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Let's nitpick here for a second, they're not promoting communism. They're glorifying the military history of the Soviet era. Which is arguably a teensy bit less controversial, though the depiction of the hammer and sickle symbolism IS outlawed in several ex-soviet satellite states but proudly (and you really can't say it differently) shown everywhere WG can plaster it on, whereas other controversial symbolism is hypocritically censored even when it's not even nearly as much legislatively controversial if at all.

Never going to let WG live down their nonsense argument about not including the historical WW1 and interwar ensigns for german ships of that time period because allegedly those flags are forbidden in Germany, which they AREN'T! The Nazi era ensigns with the Swastika on it are a legal grey area (not forbidden in historical context, but does bump the rating of the associated work straight to adults-only, which can be a legal nightmare to happen for a freely accessible F2P game model).

• Cool 11

Modder
1,691 posts
3,667 battles
3 minutes ago, E4GLEyE said:

Comrade Commissar! This individual is in need of re-education! 

on a serious side, this is how it is, use mods if you want historically accurate flags and markings... For Russia the Soviet Union is not a full on negative like for many of the ex CCCP countries... It's a Russian Dev team and company, go figure... And also just want to add, that many other media entities show the symbol of the CCCP but hide/censor other markings, insignias... not much to get all pumped up on... It is how it is... After all they won the eastern front in WW2, and History is Written by the Victor. 

TLDR: "They are russian, therefore decency doesnt apply for them" ...right?

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
9,989 battles

I don't agree with the censorship of anything hsitorical, so I'm fine with it.

Pity about nazi imagery being censored (which would be fairly tame in a game of this style) but I understand why it is given the law in Germany.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
5 minutes ago, Mr_Tayto said:

Pity about nazi imagery being censored (which would be fairly tame in a game of this style) but I understand why it is given the law in Germany.

It's not actually censored as long as you don't use it for political purposes (though it used to be completely censored/forbidded until around two decades or so). As long as it's for education (you can even read/show actually indexed/censored stuff (that means the real nasty stuff!) as long as it's for education purposes) or in the correct historical context it's allowed to use the imagery/symbolism. For the latter it just means any medium showing such is automatically rated for adults-only which limits the distribution.

And that's only for Nazi stuff. Inter-war period, earlier or later imagery/symbolism is completely fine. Which is the reason you tend to see Kaiserreich flags, etc. at Nazi rallies, expressly because they're allowed (in such cases just hopelessly taken out of context, but Neo-Nazis never were the smartest bunch).

• Cool 3

[CLTS]
Players
104 posts
5,826 battles
4 minutes ago, puxflacet said:

TLDR: "They are russian, therefore decency doesnt apply for them" ...right?

They can be proud of their past... I dont have to agree with their viewpoint... I just dont take the past personally (from a country that stood (or was held as hostage) to assist the falling axis powers to the last) I am not ashamed of my country's past... I may not agree with stuff we have done for example during WW2 or what was done against us by the Allied forces (not just soviets), but that is in the past to learn from it... Thus no point in arguing who's symbol is shown and who's not. If the end results would have gone the other way around we would have this same exact argument over the symbolism... Just mirrored.

so tldr: I dont care if I see a swastika or the hammer and sickle... I just dont get offended by either as I view them as part of the Past.

• Cool 1

Modder
1,691 posts
3,667 battles
48 minutes ago, Mr_Tayto said:

I don't agree with the censorship of anything hsitorical, so I'm fine with it.

34 minutes ago, E4GLEyE said:

so tldr: I dont care if I see a swastika or the hammer and sickle... I just dont get offended by either as I view them as part of the Past.

I'm completelly OK with any symbol, if used decent and historically....but WG's treatment of sickle&hammer is beyond simple "inclusion" of a symbol.

this is a game about ships, so do we really need this kind of stuff in the game? 

• Cool 1

[WOTN]
Beta Tester
420 posts
6,756 battles

Time for our weekly fascist whine, right on schedule. 

The only lamentable thing about WG and flags is that they also block the pre-1935 Kriegsflagge, but for that we can thank our friendly fascists who adopted it post 1945.

If you want to pleasure yourself while dreaming of the holocaust and playing the game, there are plenty of flag mods that cater to your needs.

• Boring 1

Modder
1,691 posts
3,667 battles
3 minutes ago, th3freakie said:

The only lamentable thing about WG and flags is that they also block the pre-1935 Kriegsflagge, but for that we can thank our friendly fascists who adopted it post 1945.

If you want to pleasure yourself while dreaming of the holocaust and playing the game, there are plenty of flag mods that cater to your needs.

your nick is pretty suitable

[GULLY]
Players
76 posts
3,534 battles
3 minutes ago, th3freakie said:

Not sure if this one is a troll or not... Maybe we will never know for sure hehe. closet commies these days *shrug*

[ROT8]
Players
2,730 posts
40 minutes ago, puxflacet said:

.and your attitude is like the most hypocritical double standard I ever came across.

Like seriously, stop with this. How far are you planning to go? If there is even any space to go further...You just can not censor every imaginable sensitive symbol while blatantly promote communism at the same time. You should be sued for this for real.

Oh ffs...it's a game.....another 'offended by bugger all'  jumps on a soap box .  (I wish there was a 'bored shitless of attention seekers' emoji) 

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,641 posts
24,336 battles

"comrad el presidente, we gonna release the glorious russian battleship line from ww2 we always wanted to have"

"...we had them..."

"ofc we had comrad el commandante. as we gonna release them into our game we must have had em!"

"i hope u gonna fit it with all the bells and whistles that fit the glory of our glorious battleships in ww2.. in which we had em..."

"ofc comrad el imperatore! there's gonna be lots of banners..... and red stars... andand spsHuL skilZZZ only we had on the water!!!"

"gudgud comrad pixel-hans. back to gulag naO!...aluve (n)yet" *mwahahahaha.... off, hanging off the winch of a helicopter

#wgluvsputinstyle