Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Sean

See ship stats in-game

17 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
1,872 battles

Hi just wondering if it's possible to see the ships stats (as you as in the loading screen where you mouse over them) while in the middle of the match?

Specifically, so I can quickly look up which of my potential targets has the highest AA rating, etc.

Thanks,

Sean

[CATS]
Players
27,263 posts
14,525 battles

Never look at ratings...

They do not mean much or even nothing.

Play against ships and experience which ships are good at something.

Especially AA can be modified extremly without any rating change.

• Cool 2

Players
2 posts
1,872 battles
Just now, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

There are mods that can allow you that information. There is no other way to access it in battle.

would you please give me a link, I honestly can't seem to find one that does this

Players
3,863 posts
11,333 battles
Vor 1 Minute, Admiral_Sean sagte:

would you please give me a link, I honestly can't seem to find one that does this

☆ Aslain modpack ☆

bookmark it because every patch he updates it or simply click the old setup, it will automatically check for updates. The installer is easy to use for anyone even with pictures.

Players
86 posts

Use Modstation rather than aslain. Mod station is provided by WG, they test and approve all mods. It also makes it easy to update things when WG release patches.

You can get Modstation from this link

There are mods that do what you want included

[-AP-]
Players
2,606 posts
6,381 battles
24 minutes ago, Admiral_Sean said:

Hi just wondering if it's possible to see the ships stats (as you as in the loading screen where you mouse over them) while in the middle of the match?

Specifically, so I can quickly look up which of my potential targets has the highest AA rating, etc.

Thanks,

Sean

As colonel pete said, the rating is completely meaningless.

What you need to do is memorise strengths and weaknesses, of course you wont remember every number of every statistic of every ship, but something like this: North carolina has accurate guns and a punishable citadel. Conqueror has powerful he and a super heal. Etc etc, obviously you need to remember more things about each ship, and some ships require you to remember very specific things. But my point is that for most cases, its enough with rough knowledge of each ship, you dont need to memorise the specific numbers of every ship(with the exception of torpedo range, concealment range and radar range. These are some of the numbers that you absolutely need to know for every ship you face).

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,567 posts
17,541 battles
Vor 3 Stunden, L0V3_and_PE4CE sagte:

☆ Aslain modpack ☆

bookmark it because every patch he updates it or simply click the old setup, it will automatically check for updates. The installer is easy to use for anyone even with pictures.

...and for me the player panel from Autospy works best.

Autospy is just the nick of the guy making that mod, it is not involved in illegal cheating (nowadays you have to write such things).

Players
5,033 posts
8 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Never look at ratings...

They do not mean much or even nothing.

Play against ships and experience which ships are good at something.

Especially AA can be modified extremly without any rating change.

:Smile_smile:
:cap_book:

:Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

Players
98 posts
1,267 battles

Be careful what you wish for - you can make a case that xvm in WOT has made more people miserable than the much-maligned arty class...

• Cool 2

Players
628 posts
2,129 battles
10 hours ago, Norris_of_Quirm said:

Be careful what you wish for - you can make a case that xvm in WOT has made more people miserable than the much-maligned arty class...

Yes, in WoT it becomes a case of playing according to the mod rather than playing the game. You get players taking all their directions from a mod, even in some cases such as xvm to quit because the odds are shown to be against them in spawn. They lose any belief in themselves and any ability for making an inspired decision and instead follow the mod blindly.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
9,989 battles
3 hours ago, 250swb said:

Yes, in WoT it becomes a case of playing according to the mod rather than playing the game. You get players taking all their directions from a mod, even in some cases such as xvm to quit because the odds are shown to be against them in spawn. They lose any belief in themselves and any ability for making an inspired decision and instead follow the mod blindly.

Yep.

XVM killed any fun I had in WoT, which is why I came to wows in the first place.

[-AP-]
Players
2,606 posts
6,381 battles
31 minutes ago, Mr_Tayto said:

Yep.

XVM killed any fun I had in WoT, which is why I came to wows in the first place.

That always pissed me off in wot.

I love xvm, because i could use it properly, as it gave me information about the enemies playstyle so that i could play more optimally against them, and know which targets to look out for(reds are more dangerous than purples, because they are completely unpredictable).

Then idiots started ruining the mods reputation by quiting when they saw a 45% battle....

[NWP]
Players
1,099 posts
9,989 battles
1 minute ago, thiextar said:

That always pissed me off in wot.

I love xvm, because i could use it properly, as it gave me information about the enemies playstyle so that i could play more optimally against them, and know which targets to look out for(reds are more dangerous than purples, because they are completely unpredictable).

Then idiots started ruining the mods reputation by quiting when they saw a 45% battle....

Totally agree, and specifically it was the quitters, whiners and YOLOers who made me jack it in because they couldn't handle the information they were getting from the mod.

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,347 posts
25,989 battles
17 hours ago, Norris_of_Quirm said:

Or if you learn to read then you notice that this is not about xvm.

Players
98 posts
1,267 battles
47 minutes ago, Profilus said:

Or if you learn to read then you notice that this is not about xvm.

"Hi just wondering if it's possible to see the ships stats (as you as in the loading screen where you mouse over them) while in the middle of the match?" sounds remarkably like what xvm gives you to me, albeit slightly simplified...

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,347 posts
25,989 battles
3 minutes ago, Norris_of_Quirm said:

"Hi just wondering if it's possible to see the ships stats (as you as in the loading screen where you mouse over them) while in the middle of the match?" sounds remarkably like what xvm gives you to me, albeit slightly simplified...

Read further from that quote. Then you notice AA etc that has nothing to do with xvm.

Sign in to follow this