Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
RedV

How can a DD escape from air rocket attack?

90 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[-ITU-]
Players
13 posts
12,921 battles

The question is clear. How can a DD escape from air rocket attack?

 

A DD has the option of meneuvering against bombers and torpedos (I dont understand why WG developers hardening the bombers though.).But... What about rockets?

According to my game experiences i can definitely say that DD's have nothing to defend themselves from rocket attacks.

Smoke? No. The time you have after rocket planes spot you is not enough to set smoke and change your position in it. So the CV can easily aim on your position and hit you with at least 7-8 k dmg. Beside that, usual of DDs have only 3 smokes but CVs do not have a plane limit. ( Please do not sing about their limited planes because the limit over 90 planes means they are unlimited)

AA? Definitely not. One of the best AA is on Grozovoi and that makes only kill more planes. But loosing planes has no negative results for CV play. Same fire power, same speed, same ability to spam new planes... So killing planes with AA is not a way to escape from air attacks.

 

When i play with a DD, i have to avoid being spotted,  air attakcs, HE shells, torps etc... If so, what a CV player have to avoid? I know that CV player is not have to worry about loosing planes, sneaking DD attacks, gun fire, air attacks, being set on fire... 

 

There must be a way because this is a game and in a game the opponents should have equal oportunities against each other. And if i m not in a missunderstand, WoWS is a game in which opponents should also have equal oportunities..So what is a DDs option against CV rocket attacks? Please clarify me.

 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
10 minutes ago, RedV said:

The question is clear. How can a DD escape from air rocket attack?

 

A DD has the option of meneuvering against bombers and torpedos (I dont understand why WG developers hardening the bombers though.).But... What about rockets?

According to my game experiences i can definitely say that DD's have nothing to defend themselves from rocket attacks.

Smoke? No. The time you have after rocket planes spot you is not enough to set smoke and change your position in it. So the CV can easily aim on your position and hit you with at least 7-8 k dmg. Beside that, usual of DDs have only 3 smokes but CVs do not have a plane limit. ( Please do not sing about their limited planes because the limit over 90 planes means they are unlimited)

AA? Definitely not. One of the best AA is on Grozovoi and that makes only kill more planes. But loosing planes has no negative results for CV play. Same fire power, same speed, same ability to spam new planes... So killing planes with AA is not a way to escape from air attacks.

 

When i play with a DD, i have to avoid being spotted,  air attakcs, HE shells, torps etc... If so, what a CV player have to avoid? I know that CV player is not have to worry about loosing planes, sneaking DD attacks, gun fire, air attacks, being set on fire... 

 

There must be a way because this is a game and in a game the opponents should have equal oportunities against each other. And if i m not in a missunderstand, WoWS is a game in which opponents should also have equal oportunities..So what is a DDs option against CV rocket attacks? Please clarify me.

 

you can not avoid rockets, ones planes aims you you will get hit.

 

you have only 2 opitons to "defend" yourself:

 

a) not get detected (using smoke, island....)

b) have strong AAA cover so CV decide it is too costly for him to strike you.

 

good thing is that most rockets shots are in range 1-3 k depending on tier so he can not instaglib you as HE bombers can, bad thing is that he will most like hit you.

 

P.S.

this game does not provide EQUAL OPORTUNITIES in 1vs1 as soon as you get that your life in DD will be much easier.

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RNSF]
Players
1,401 posts
15,122 battles

Play some CV. I am sure you will figure it out. 

 

Anyway, this is how I try it:

Max speed in straight line in the axis of attack, watch when attack squadron is detached, hard turn in the moment of attack or slightly before that. Do not work always but most of the times. Same with DBs but in next patch that will be nerfed seriously. 

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

Start by turning off you AA by pressing P. This will drastically reduce the distance at which you are spotted by the CV. if the spot you with disabled AA they will be so close that they can't make a proper attack run.

Only enable your AA if you are already spotted. Disable it again once the planes leave your disabled AA spotting range.

 

Don't sail in a straight line if the CV can make an attack run on you. Try to turn into the attack path. Do so early. That way they will have less time to aim and any corrections they make will increase the spread of the rockets.

 

Ask your CV for a fighter squadron in your vicinity. It usually keeps enemy attack squads away for a minute. You need to do that before you are spotted and an attack run is performed against you. it is a meassure to prevent attacks, not to stop them.

 

And last hint: Play a CV yourself and observe how others evade your attacks.

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
516 posts
11,251 battles
11 minutes ago, RedV said:

The question is clear. How can a DD escape from air rocket attack?

 

Plenty ways, switch off your AA and avoid being spotted, or just active maneuvering if in a AA destroyer.

11 minutes ago, RedV said:

A DD has the option of meneuvering against bombers and torpedos (I dont understand why WG developers hardening the bombers though.).But... What about rockets?

According to my game experiences i can definitely say that DD's have nothing to defend themselves from rocket attacks.

Smoke? No. The time you have after rocket planes spot you is not enough to set smoke and change your position in it. So the CV can easily aim on your position and hit you with at least 7-8 k dmg. Beside that, usual of DDs have only 3 smokes but CVs do not have a plane limit. ( Please do not sing about their limited planes because the limit over 90 planes means they are unlimited)

Not really, you will spot the planes much before he spots you, so plenty of time to dodge him or use the smoke. Three smokes is a lot, and no, CVs do not have infinite planes. If a CV focuss on you and noone else, well, you did your part, as CV did nothing or very little to his primary targets, BB...

11 minutes ago, RedV said:

AA? Definitely not. One of the best AA is on Grozovoi and that makes only kill more planes. But loosing planes has no negative results for CV play. Same fire power, same speed, same ability to spam new planes... So killing planes with AA is not a way to escape from air attacks.

Oh, Grozovoi is awsome, Udaloi as well, Z52 is not bad, Sims and Black are very good.. A lot of good AA destroyers out there.

11 minutes ago, RedV said:

 

When i play with a DD, i have to avoid being spotted,  air attakcs, HE shells, torps etc... If so, what a CV player have to avoid? I know that CV player is not have to worry about loosing planes, sneaking DD attacks, gun fire, air attacks, being set on fire... 

 

There must be a way because this is a game and in a game the opponents should have equal oportunities against each other. And if i m not in a missunderstand, WoWS is a game in which opponents should also have equal oportunities..So what is a DDs option against CV rocket attacks? Please clarify me.

 

You sound like a fellow potato, only your focus is DDs and mine is CVs. I would say you have a L2P issue like most of us potatos out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RNSF]
Players
1,401 posts
15,122 battles
4 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

Only enable your AA if are already spotted.

Or if AA aura is short than your air detection range. Example - Kagero... I do not bother swithing it off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
5,655 posts
12,851 battles

This is instructional video for DD against CV and any other ship in general

 

 

 

 

Test some CV and you will see what "CV player have to avoid "

 

  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,864 posts
11,370 battles

Full speed towards rocket squad with AA off to make him overshoot if coming from front.

If coming from the back, full break/ reverse fo make him overshoot.

If he drops a fighter plane keep AA om until fighter is dead, never show broadside to rockets while fighter spotted (show broadside to midway tiny timrockets).

 

You will survive against average CVs this way. Against a unicum it wont work, we know how to predict your movements correctly.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-ITU-]
Players
13 posts
12,921 battles

 

10 dakika önce, veslingr dedi:

you can not avoid rockets, ones planes aims you you will get hit.

 

you have only 2 opitons to "defend" yourself:

 

a) not get detected (using smoke, island....)

b) have strong AAA cover so CV decide it is too costly for him to strike you.

 

good thing is that most rockets shots are in range 1-3 k depending on tier so he can not instaglib you as HE bombers can, bad thing is that he will most like hit you.

 

P.S.

this game does not provide EQUAL OPORTUNITIES in 1vs1 as soon as you get that your life in DD will be much easier.

a) Did u read my entry? If u do you will see that my question is about the oportunities after u get detected. Also smoke is EXACTLY doesnt work against CV rockets.

b) Please read my entry about Grozovoi AA.

 

If this game doesnt offer EQUAL OPORTUNITIES in 1vs1 then you should answer what a CV player have to worry about. As like all type of ships have to avoid from something...Please. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,371 posts
25 minutes ago, RedV said:

The question is clear. How can a DD escape from air rocket attack?

 

A DD has the option of meneuvering against bombers and torpedos (I dont understand why WG developers hardening the bombers though.).But... What about rockets?

According to my game experiences i can definitely say that DD's have nothing to defend themselves from rocket attacks.

Smoke? No. The time you have after rocket planes spot you is not enough to set smoke and change your position in it. So the CV can easily aim on your position and hit you with at least 7-8 k dmg. Beside that, usual of DDs have only 3 smokes but CVs do not have a plane limit. ( Please do not sing about their limited planes because the limit over 90 planes means they are unlimited)

AA? Definitely not. One of the best AA is on Grozovoi and that makes only kill more planes. But loosing planes has no negative results for CV play. Same fire power, same speed, same ability to spam new planes... So killing planes with AA is not a way to escape from air attacks.

 

When i play with a DD, i have to avoid being spotted,  air attakcs, HE shells, torps etc... If so, what a CV player have to avoid? I know that CV player is not have to worry about loosing planes, sneaking DD attacks, gun fire, air attacks, being set on fire... 

 

There must be a way because this is a game and in a game the opponents should have equal oportunities against each other. And if i m not in a missunderstand, WoWS is a game in which opponents should also have equal oportunities..So what is a DDs option against CV rocket attacks? Please clarify me.

 

Hope for the best (ie a complete potato like me being the CV driver) prepare for the worst,as I rarely take out DD's now i could not advise, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[RNSF]
Players
1,401 posts
15,122 battles

 

4 minutes ago, Sigimundus said:

This is instructional video for DD against CV and any other ship in general

 

 

 

 

Test some CV and you will see what "CV player have to avoid "

 

That will work for current CVs but when we get Russian CV that have just one DB with Tzar bomb, it will be quite short "how to". 

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,117 posts
19,539 battles

Yeah all great advise but evading won't work 95% of the time. It will reduce the damage a bit though. Always try to face attack planes head on. Anything else is bollocks.

There is only one way to avoid damage, and then even sometimes not. It is also just a temp measure and UK dd's are screwed anyway. Smoke up instantly. I can still hit you once probably but that is it. And I'm not likely to wait for your smoke to clear, but I will return with my next attack wave. In short, nope.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-ITU-]
Players
13 posts
12,921 battles

Guys pleas stop advising to not getting detected or using AA's

As i tried to explain, my question is OF COURSE about the situation after getting spotted!

And do not sing the song of AA's. I mostly kill around 30 planes of the CVs with my Grozovoi but nothing changes. The damage taken doesnt change. The ability of CV to spam planes doesnt change...

AA is not an oportunity.

 

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
1 minute ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

Full speed towards rocket squad with AA off to make him overshoot if coming from front.

If coming from the back, full break/ reverse fo make him overshoot.

If he drops a fighter plane keep AA om until fighter is dead, never show broadside to rockets while fighter spotted (show broadside to midway tiny timrockets).

 

You will survive against average CVs this way. Against a unicum it wont work, we know how to predict your movements correctly.

lets be honest....rockets are point and click from close range....he can evade strike only if CV does something stupid. maneuvering left right, stop go are almost useless because cv strike you from so close that basically it is insta hit and you need only slightest lead in aiming.

 

also Cv after committing attack has 4-5-6 or even more seconds of aiming time so most CVs will be full aimed even if you go towards them.

 

same as with radar, only reliably defense is to be extra careful and avoid detection

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,864 posts
11,370 battles
Vor 5 Minuten, veslingr sagte:

lets be honest....rockets are point and click from close range....he can evade strike only if CV does something stupid. maneuvering left right, stop go are almost useless because cv strike you from so close that basically it is insta hit and you need only slightest lead in aiming.

 

also Cv after committing attack has 4-5-6 or even more seconds of aiming time so most CVs will be full aimed even if you go towards them.

 

same as with radar, only reliably defense is to be extra careful and avoid detection

This can only happen if the CV preaims.

You are welcome to try striking me as a DD in training room. My record to survive rocket attacks is 25minutes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
10 minutes ago, RedV said:

 

a) Did u read my entry? If u do you will see that my question is about the oportunities after u get detected. Also smoke is EXACTLY doesnt work against CV rockets.

b) Please read my entry about Grozovoi AA.

 

If this game doesnt offer EQUAL OPORTUNITIES in 1vs1 then you should answer what a CV player have to worry about. As like all type of ships have to avoid from something...Please. 

i did read it, and i am sorry to say after you get spotted you can only tank dmg or smoke up, hide....smoke works if it is engaged soon enoguht...after he saw you he will fire in your last known location and hit you if you did not move, same as with torpedos. 

 

You think it would be balanced that DD can kill whole squad of planes before single hit? WG stated it will not happened anymore.

 

what CV player needs to warry about?...well CV is ship that will win ANYBODY in 1 vs 1, and basically can be stooped by passive skills if 2 players play as team.

 

but all other classes plays like that....DD ill win over BBs 1vs1 allways, BB will win over Cl in 1vs1, CL will win over DD (most of times), also in sam classes there are no equal oportuinities in 1 vs 1 (torp dd vs gunboat, and so on)...so not there are no equal opportunities as this game is not balanced around 1 vs1.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
8 minutes ago, RedV said:

Guys pleas stop advising to not getting detected or using AA's

As i tried to explain, my question is OF COURSE about the situation after getting spotted!

And do not sing the song of AA's. I mostly kill around 30 planes of the CVs with my Grozovoi but nothing changes. The damage taken doesnt change. The ability of CV to spam planes doesnt change...

AA is not an oportunity.

 

You don't even consider that you only kill so many planes because your AA is telling the opponent exactly where you are, giving him plenty of time to attack you and to manouver into the best position for the attack.

 

I have no problem whatsoever playing against CVs. They almost never spot me and the number of times they kill me is even smaller. So take my advice or not but if you are unwilling to learn and to adapt your situation will never improve. If you do not want to take advice, why even ask for it?

 

And planes are not unlimited. You would know if you played CVs. Heck... grade school math can tell you that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
9 minutes ago, RedV said:

Guys pleas stop advising to not getting detected or using AA's

As i tried to explain, my question is OF COURSE about the situation after getting spotted!

And do not sing the song of AA's. I mostly kill around 30 planes of the CVs with my Grozovoi but nothing changes. The damage taken doesnt change. The ability of CV to spam planes doesnt change...

AA is not an oportunity.

 

you get spoted=you get hit....nothing you can do about it....period

i know you wanna some magic answer but there are none...you get spot, you get hit

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
27,441 posts
14,565 battles
12 minutes ago, RedV said:

 

If this game doesnt offer EQUAL OPORTUNITIES in 1vs1 then you should answer what a CV player have to worry about. As like all type of ships have to avoid from something...Please. 

This is no 1v1 game and all classes are different.

 

And CV have to worry about losing too many planes, missing too many attacks and getting overun by the enemy team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
4 minutes ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

This can only happen if the CV preaims.

You are welcome to try striking me as a DD in training room. My record to survive rocket attacks is 25minutes

challenge accepted will contact you ingame.....and yes you will live long cause rockets do not deal alot of dmg...we are here talking about avoiding

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
516 posts
11,251 battles
Just now, veslingr said:

you get spoted=you get hit....nothing you can do about it....period

i know you wanna some magic answer but there are none...you get spot, you get hit

 

Not really true, rocket were nerved, DDs air detection reduced, there are plenty of evasive manuvers available, and smoke left as the ultimate retreat. Every minute you of time CVs is focusing on DD, that DD is mitigating a lot of the damage that would normaly be delivered to DDs. Unlike DDs, that have the option to hide, BBs can do nothing against TinyTims...

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,864 posts
11,370 battles
Gerade eben, veslingr sagte:

challenge accepted will contact you ingame.....and yes you will live long cause rockets do not deal alot of dmg...we are here talking about avoiding

contact me in 30minutes - 45minutes since i'm going to be busy right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
5,655 posts
12,851 battles
1 minute ago, RedV said:

Guys pleas stop advising to not getting detected or using AA's

As i tried to explain, my question is OF COURSE about the situation after getting spotted!

And do not sing the song of AA's. I mostly kill around 30 planes of the CVs with my Grozovoi but nothing changes. The damage taken doesnt change. The ability of CV to spam planes doesnt change...

AA is not an oportunity.

 

OK when you are spotted then you already do something wrong . . . but everyone do mistakes.

So it depends on position of your ship, enemy planes and source of the spotting.

Generally you want to give enemy planes so little time to aim their attack so possible. So if they go your direction you also should to their direction and at the end you should drastically change course.

 

If the planes are source of the spotting you want to go from the spot  because the planes need longer are distance then is DD spot from air

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
5,655 posts
12,851 battles
17 minutes ago, Episparh said:

 

That will work for current CVs but when we get Russian CV that have just one DB with Tzar bomb, it will be quite short "how to". 

No no nno it will have same bombs as current Midway . . . but Russian planes will have onboard radar :fish_glass:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×