You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
VPH030

Ships lost in testing

27 comments in this topic

[J4XP2]
Players
57 posts
13,253 battles

Hi,

I was thinking if anyone remembers what ships were tested and showcased but never released after that - and may be coming soon(tm), or whenever the developers deem it OK. Top of mind, I can remember Leone (Italian DD) and the Austro-Hungarian ship (Viribus Unitis). I guess we'll soon add the Brit CV to the list (it was probably meant to be released with the rest but never made it out of testing). Anything else I forgot?

I'm not counting Georgia or the alternate T10 RU BB, as these are arguably still in testing. This is more about the older ones (Dec/Jan)...

Any thoughts?

Happy hunting.

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,261 posts
6,967 battles

Yahagi, T5 IJN CL, we haven't heard of him for months ...

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

Viribus-Unitis. Probably locked away to be a reward-ship of some sort.

Beta Tester
2,795 posts
7,088 battles
16 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

Viribus-Unitis. Probably locked away to be a reward-ship of some sort.

Mabe they put her on hold for the time being inorder to figure out how to implement her, since on T4 she was strong and on T5 she wasnt, players dont want her T5 and wg dont want her on T4 (fearing another nikolai) :cap_hmm:

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,286 posts
24,409 battles
45 minutes ago, Ubertron_X said:

Still waiting for the Italians, a real sea power...

Comrade, the only sea power was soviet.

• Funny 12

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,261 posts
6,967 battles
7 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Mabe they put her on hold for the time being inorder to figure out how to implement her, since on T4 she was strong and on T5 she wasnt, players dont want her T5 and wg dont want her on T4 (fearing another nikolai) :cap_hmm:

I think WG put it in reserve until they decide if they go for a pan european nation or not.

• Cool 3

[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,894 posts
27,570 battles
28 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

Wasn’t there a t7 cruiser with 24 torpedoes?

?

Kitakami has 10x4 torpedo launchers and is T8 cruiser

Tone has 4x3 torpedo launchers and currently is T7 cruiser.

[BATES]
Players
752 posts
10,766 battles
1 hour ago, 22cm said:

Comrade, the only sea power was soviet.

Yeah, it's also easier create from scratch an entire paper ship tree than putting real ships..

• Cool 5
  • Funny 2

Players
3,352 posts
3 hours ago, VPH030 said:

Hi,

I was thinking if anyone remembers what ships were tested and showcased but never released after that - and may be coming soon(tm), or whenever the developers deem it OK. Top of mind, I can remember Leone (Italian DD) and the Austro-Hungarian ship (Viribus Unitis). I guess we'll soon add the Brit CV to the list (it was probably meant to be released with the rest but never made it out of testing). Anything else I forgot?

I'm not counting Georgia or the alternate T10 RU BB, as these are arguably still in testing. This is more about the older ones (Dec/Jan)...

Any thoughts?

Happy hunting.

Yes very sad about the Brit CV.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,090 posts
20,275 battles
54 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Yes very sad about the Brit CV.

The Brit CV is not dead.. she is still being balanced... I have her in port at the moment.. Be happy WG want to get her balanced before release. So we dont have a repeat of the Graff Zeppelin fiasko  .

• Cool 8

Players
5,027 posts
3 hours ago, Major_Damage225 said:

I wouldn't want anything interesting at tier 4, but for different reasons. As long as we can't even complete any missions with below T5 ships all that would somewhat go to waste in the big scheme of things.

Beta Tester
2,795 posts
7,088 battles
1 hour ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

I wouldn't want anything interesting at tier 4, but for different reasons. As long as we can't even complete any missions with below T5 ships all that would somewhat go to waste in the big scheme of things.

I understand you point but VU is a ww1 era ship, so she'd be best next to Wyoming/Arkansauce & co, if she's T5 they may retrofit her a'la Bayern witch would totally be well, not tastefull so to speak. :Smile_unsure:

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,102 posts
20,018 battles

RU missile destroyers aside from Neustrashimy I suppose.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[COMFY]
Players
1,399 posts
8,300 battles
15 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

RU missile destroyers aside from Neustrashimy I suppose.

Smeliy (probably tier VIII)

and Kotlin class (probably tier X)

• Cool 2

[CLTS]
Players
104 posts
5,802 battles

dont remember its name but we saw a Naval Legends about a French DD or CL that had missile mounted torpedoes (anti sub tho)... Sure she is not in the works but a semi carrier capability DD would be an interesting beast (my wallet would be open for her... eh WG? *wink wink*)

[BFS]
Beta Tester
1,905 posts
12,683 battles
2 hours ago, T0byJug said:

The Brit CV is not dead.. she is still being balanced... I have her in port at the moment.. Be happy WG want to get her balanced before release. So we dont have a repeat of the Graff Zeppelin fiasko  .

I think part of the problem is what they are balancing it in is also a WIP.

Players
7,144 posts
245 battles
1 hour ago, ImperialAdmiral said:

Smeliy (probably tier VIII)

and Kotlin class (probably tier X)

Lol.

smelly.

guess it produces a stinky gas to blind your screen with :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

Players
8,350 posts
9,213 battles

RIP Viribus Unitis. At least I didn't have to see it suck. I really don't miss it if it means I don't have to watch that trainwreck.

Players
3,352 posts
11 hours ago, T0byJug said:

Wait, you have the Indomitable? Cool, your a tester right?

[NWP]
Players
2,810 posts
16,926 battles
14 hours ago, T0byJug said:

As long as they balance here on the same level as Enterprise. Otherwise why bother buying her :Smile_coin:

• Cool 2