You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Titan_net

Positive sidenote

25 comments in this topic

Players
112 posts

Bored.. and slowly running out of Papa Papa flags:

838700293_2019-05-1211_31_44-WorldofWarships.thumb.jpg.fd47761775a18b1d3ea19b74053363aa.jpg

And wargaming added this convenient button:

1640402191_2019-05-1211_32_25-WorldofWarships.thumb.jpg.cd473b8e6eddf7282a652a2b224f73f0.jpg

hm..?

sl.jpg.f6a3e2dc34d5288e81e5f64be64888c3.jpg

Okay:

1648729095_2019-05-1211_32_32-WorldofWarships.thumb.jpg.53de5c34e3fd3cb34a6b010c8db633de.jpg

New papa papa flags :-). And some other junk.

1937213264_2019-05-1211_33_07-WorldofWarships.thumb.jpg.e3d1150f1d132a94b3fdbcd326df58d5.jpg

Unfortunately it doesn't tell how many supercontainers where opened. Looks like 5 or 6 (+1 I had collected manually and opened already) for 471 containers.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 7

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,529 posts
6,161 battles

How come you had 471 unopened containers? What is wrong with you?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 9

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,688 posts
19,686 battles

tbh, i really see no reason why it should state how many sc's were opened ^^... nor why someone would pile up 471 containers lol

• Funny 2

[NWP]
Players
5,177 posts
6,629 battles

9 port slots? where did they come from? Do they still drop in any normal container? Havent gotten any in years...

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,123 posts
43 minutes ago, Titan_net said:

Bored.. and slowly running out of Papa Papa flags:   forum thread ideas..

FTFY

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,409 posts
13,060 battles

Well, you shouldn't keep them containers lying around for this long anyway. Do to the "roll contents at the time you get them" instead of "roll contents at the time of opening the container" algorythms which also double check your current inventory you should open each and every container immediately instead. Else you might get screwed, e.g. rolling the same item or ship twice instead of rolling two different items or ships.

Players
300 posts
14,014 battles

How on earth do you have the determination to build up that many containers and not get curious before now?

Players
112 posts
4 hours ago, ollonborre said:

I much rather spend my limited time playing battle than watching container animations for things I don't really need.

1 hour ago, Ubertron_X said:

Well, you shouldn't keep them containers lying around for this long anyway. Do to the "roll contents at the time you get them" instead of "roll contents at the time of opening the container" algorythms which also double check your current inventory you should open each and every container immediately instead. Else you might get screwed, e.g. rolling the same item or ship twice instead of rolling two different items or ships.

How is that a thing? I distinctly remember getting several of the same special upgrades from supercontainers even before I gave up on those and just started autocollecting.

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,529 posts
6,161 battles
14 hours ago, Titan_net said:

I much rather spend my limited time playing battle than watching container animations for things I don't really need.

Animation is a bit annoying sure but it hardly takes long if you open 3 a day. And free stuff is free stuff, I always need more.

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
705 posts
11,105 battles
19 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

9 port slots? where did they come from? Do they still drop in any normal container? Havent gotten any in years...

I used to get a few in credit containers. Not got one of those in a while.

Beta Tester
2,300 posts
2,490 battles

Stockpiling enough of those containers and then clicking on the "OPEN ALL CONTAINERS" button, could potentially empty out the WG warehouse and cause a server crash. Or the sudden influx of containers could cause the cargo ship to capsize and sink. At any rate, the arrival of so much trade goods at once is bound to make market prizes plummet. So opening them one at a time is obviously the sensible thing to do. :fish_glass:

• Funny 3

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
1,638 posts
4,780 battles

The sheer strength of will of this individual is immeasurable.

• Funny 1

[WTFNO]
Players
319 posts
5,873 battles
22 hours ago, MrWastee said:

tbh, i really see no reason why it should state how many sc's were opened ^^..

That would give some insight on the drop rate of SCs ;-)

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
4,366 posts
19,067 battles
23 hours ago, ollonborre said:

He obviously had some really old ones... I see a spotter plane superupgrade there, lol... 

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,409 posts
13,060 battles
18 hours ago, Titan_net said:

How is that a thing? I distinctly remember getting several of the same special upgrades from supercontainers even before I gave up on those and just started autocollecting.

As far as I know the game checks your current inventory at the time the container is awarded in order to avoid doubles (premium ships). So as long as you have not opened the container and the contents have been registered in your inventory the game will not be able to check for doubles properly.

Exempli gratia: You get a super container with a premium ship inside, lets say the Arizona. The game checks if you already have it. If you don't have it you will be awarded the Arizona once you open the container. Then you get another super container, again with a premium ship inside, again Arizona (improbable but lets roll with it, especially if you already have lots of premium ships in your inventory). Again the game checks if you already have it in your inventory the time the container is awarded. And now there are two options:

1) You have openend the first container and the Arizona is already in your inventory. Then the game will re-roll the premium ship until it manages to find a ship that you do not have in port (which might be lower or higher in tier or more or less rare).

2) You have not openend the first container and the Arizona is not in your inventory. Then the game will assign the Arizona to the second container also, which means that if you open those containers you will get the Arizona from the first container and then be awared doubloon compensation for the "second" Arizona instead of a different premium ship.

=> Always open the containers as fast as possible and also do not buy huge batches of special crates (which might be better from a commercial point of view for the regular contents of the crate, but not regarding special contents drop rates)!

Players
1,108 posts
5,871 battles

Screenshot_2016-06-08-20-29-59.png

[HOO]
Players
1,277 posts
2,769 battles
1 hour ago, Ubertron_X said:

As far as I know the game checks your current inventory at the time the container is awarded in order to avoid doubles (premium ships). So as long as you have not opened the container and the contents have been registered in your inventory the game will not be able to check for doubles properly.

Exempli gratia: You get a super container with a premium ship inside, lets say the Arizona. The game checks if you already have it. If you don't have it you will be awarded the Arizona once you open the container. Then you get another super container, again with a premium ship inside, again Arizona (improbable but lets roll with it, especially if you already have lots of premium ships in your inventory). Again the game checks if you already have it in your inventory the time the container is awarded. And now there are two options:

1) You have openend the first container and the Arizona is already in your inventory. Then the game will re-roll the premium ship until it manages to find a ship that you do not have in port (which might be lower or higher in tier or more or less rare).

2) You have not openend the first container and the Arizona is not in your inventory. Then the game will assign the Arizona to the second container also, which means that if you open those containers you will get the Arizona from the first container and then be awared doubloon compensation for the "second" Arizona instead of a different premium ship.

=> Always open the containers as fast as possible and also do not buy huge batches of special crates (which might be better from a commercial point of view for the regular contents of the crate, but not regarding special contents drop rates)!

Have WG actually confirmed in writing somewhere that the container contents algorithm does check your inventory?

I've always suspected it does. I'm low on doubloons, my next SC gives me doubloons. I need some more camo's, my next SC drops 50 camo's.

Players
200 posts
2,695 battles
21 hours ago, Titan_net said:

You're right. I shudder to think of the time I've wasted watching the container animation, and all the other things I could have done in that 10 seconds. 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,595 posts
8,106 battles
2 hours ago, Fat_Maniac said:

Have WG actually confirmed in writing somewhere that the container contents algorithm does check your inventory?

I've always suspected it does. I'm low on doubloons, my next SC gives me doubloons. I need some more camo's, my next SC drops 50 camo's.

This only applies to special containers or Supercontainers which award an item you are not supposed to get dublicates of. Mostly those were premiumships, special premium camos (halloween) and reward missions for early access ships.

For normal Supercontainerdrops like regular camos and dubloons the algorithm dosn't care what's in your port.

I think last chrismas WG even stated it in their news on the mainpage that you shouldn't leave too many unopened and/or buying too many before opening the ones you have.

• Cool 2

[O-S-W]
Players
462 posts
13,626 battles

i dont understand this post. 

he  doesnt opened one year any container?? or what?

Players
850 posts
13,590 battles
On 5/12/2019 at 12:26 PM, ollonborre said:

On 5/12/2019 at 5:35 PM, lovelacebeer said:

How on earth do you have the determination to build up that many containers and not get curious before now?

8 hours ago, Blixies said:

The sheer strength of will of this individual is immeasurable.

Ahem...

Salute.

P.S.: I also suspect there's some inventory check involved somewhere, because my last SC had AA flags when I was running low on them.

• Funny 1

[ONIX]
Players
1,176 posts
9,622 battles
12 minutes ago, Estaca_de_Bares said:

P.S.: I also suspect there's some inventory check involved somewhere, because my last SC had AA flags when I was running low on them.

From your mouth to God's ears. Swimming in assorted flags but I'm definately short in doubloons and premium :Smile-_tongue:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,595 posts
8,106 battles
16 hours ago, Estaca_de_Bares said:

That is confirmation bias.

I have enough +100% xp camos for more than a year even without getting any more while playing. Yet I still get those in Supercontainers. (I mostly don't mind tho especially if it's the valentines one as that looks gorgeous especially on my red/RU ships...)