You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SmokyButtons

Little quality of life change for CV

13 comments in this topic

Players
242 posts
3,894 battles

As been playing mostly CV the last time, I have been kinda copy a tactic, sending a part of you attack wing home, this useful at start of a battle and when up tiered…

My suggestion is to add function,  a key where you can send planes home, just as if you had attacked or just change the F key to do that 🤔 instead

• Cool 3

[CLTS]
Players
104 posts
5,826 battles

that would be neat... Specially since one time I derped so hard that I managed to friendly fire the torps of my GZ... 

• Funny 3

Players
3,372 posts

Didn't Jingles feature a vid showcasing one guy who did just this in order to save his planes by dropping ordnance early, it is a tactic I use myself from time to time, do we really need a key to do this?

Players
3,864 posts
11,370 battles
Vor 9 Stunden, E4GLEyE sagte:

that would be neat... Specially since one time I derped so hard that I managed to friendly fire the torps of my GZ... 

Nothing is more fun then to drop HE bombs as close as possible to a team mate! ☆

The bombs landing in the water out of nowhere i quite the jumpscare! ♡

• Funny 3

Beta Tester
265 posts
7,967 battles

I'd tend to agree, whilst it works it feels gamey and artificial to fire ordnance into the water to return planes. Ideally either mechanics should be altered so that it isn't advantageous to do this or it should be incorporated more cleanly into the game - for example allowing CVs to choose to take off with fewer planes than are available or to to partially recall flights (press F to recall all, G to recall 1 attack wing?)

• Cool 2

Players
242 posts
3,894 battles

Yes and sometimes you want to attack with the minimum numbers of planes, use that when I attack heavy AA, where you only get one pass, so any planes beyond those would just be lost! 

And having to repeat attack with all the cool down at nothing seems. ... clunky and anoying 

[IRN]
Players
309 posts
12,290 battles
6 hours ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

Nothing is more fun then to drop HE bombs as close as possible to a team mate! ☆

The bombs landing in the water out of nowhere i quite the jumpscare! ♡

is better with torps so they can feel the alert sound too , some people raged me on chat for that :cap_haloween:

Players
312 posts
3 hours ago, Unknown_Lifeform said:

I'd tend to agree, whilst it works it feels gamey and artificial to fire ordnance into the water to return planes. Ideally either mechanics should be altered so that it isn't advantageous to do this or it should be incorporated more cleanly into the game - for example allowing CVs to choose to take off with fewer planes than are available or to to partially recall flights (press F to recall all, G to recall 1 attack wing?)

Planes should attack with entire squadron in one pass, so AA reduces alpha proportionately and there's no planes left alive to "slingshot" or prematurely bank back in the carrier.  AA strength versus a flight's potential alpha should be balanced vs each other, instead of abstractions like "if you can maybe deplane the carrier if they throw planes agains the same rocks again and again".

• Cool 1

Players
182 posts
15,405 battles
22 hours ago, SmokyButtons said:

As been playing mostly CV the last time, I have been kinda copy a tactic, sending a part of you attack wing home, this useful at start of a battle and when up tiered…

My suggestion is to add function,  a key where you can send planes home, just as if you had attacked or just change the F key to do that 🤔 instead

Yup, done and tested it. I have used it since the beta. 

8 hours ago, NoobySkooby said:

Didn't Jingles feature a vid showcasing one guy who did just this in order to save his planes by dropping ordnance early, it is a tactic I use myself from time to time, do we really need a key to do this?

Yes, he did. No, we do not need a key, making a mock attack is enough.

Is this overpowered or any exploit in any way? 

No, since you lower your total hitpoints of your squadron and make your squadron sustain less damage. You also loose an enitre attack wave, compromising your DPS. 

basically, it's when you absolutely and most definately want to save as many aircraft as possible and know it's a suicide run.

I often mostly use it early in the game with fighters, when you are scouting the enemy you want to reduce losses when that minotaur division suddenly appears 6 kms away and slaughters everything.

• Cool 1

Players
242 posts
3,894 battles
7 minutes ago, Ace42X said:

Planes should attack with entire squadron in one pass, so AA reduces alpha proportionately and there's no planes left alive to "slingshot" or prematurely bank back in the carrier.  AA strength versus a flight's potential alpha should be balanced vs each other, instead of abstractions like "if you can maybe deplane the carrier if they throw planes agains the same rocks again and again".

A little off topic, kinda, but I agree, a system ballanced around single attack flights,  would feel a lot better. ..🤔.. from both sides to! 

From surface ships, dodging an attack would matter more,  since you have a break before next attack

But size if flights should be ajusted, and the way damage is destribiuated among planes has to change

[THESO]
Players
603 posts
11,880 battles

I aware of it, but haven't used it. I understand that people use it when they're convinced that (for example) 6 planes are enough to get exactly one attack in, but even 9 planes are not enough to get any planes out. So better save the 3 planes by dumping some ordnance in the sea. The problem is, I cannot recognize those situations reliably enough.

In any case, it's a dumb mechanic. If it's proven to be really effective, it would be much better to just allow taking off in a less-than full strength squadron.

[TFZ]
Players
65 posts
6,446 battles

It's a very real and absolutely needed mechanic, simply because some ships AA (or large groups) are so powerful there is no way you can get anything home, you just need enough planes to do one attack. Honestly, when I have planes with four attacks in a flight I usually cringe, it is so rare outside tier 4 that you will never get that many attacks off. 

• Cool 1

Players
242 posts
3,894 battles
5 hours ago, Zouron said:

It's a very real and absolutely needed mechanic, simply because some ships AA (or large groups) are so powerful there is no way you can get anything home, you just need enough planes to do one attack. Honestly, when I have planes with four attacks in a flight I usually cringe, it is so rare outside tier 4 that you will never get that many attacks off. 

I agree,  and simply think a more simple way reduce flight zine would be good quality of life change 🤔😁