Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Muppeteer

Naval battles changed for the better

18 comments in this topic

[CU]
Players
250 posts
21,197 battles

Nice to see the scoring system for this weeks naval battle now revolves around damage rather than base xp. As many noted, the previous system meant you really needed to be on the winning team for some of the higher bars. Oh, and there is a scoreboard for each bar now which may have existed before :)

A positive change - gj WG.

• Cool 14

[CU]
Players
250 posts
21,197 battles
8 minutes ago, Smeggo said:

Nice indeed, finally all can be done in coop :D

Hahah I hadn't noticed this. Some people like coop, so this is good change for more reasons it seems.

My main thought was it was now possible on lower tiers to get higher bars, so more accessible for all to at least have a go (highest is 80k dmg, which is doable at any tier).

• Cool 2

[BBMM]
Players
6,098 posts
8,013 battles
5 hours ago, Muppeteer said:

Hahah I hadn't noticed this. Some people like coop, so this is good change for more reasons it seems.

My main thought was it was now possible on lower tiers to get higher bars, so more accessible for all to at least have a go (highest is 80k dmg, which is doable at any tier).

I think this is too low though. Now it promotes just having clans with active members.

If you have a large clan, well, you'll win most of the time. I mean, 80k... I do that in a T6 CV, in a T8 game -  and I'm a potato.potato.gif.f48848a9119cb7080bbd9c46298ef3f2.gif

Spoiler

1001644234_RangerinT8-1.thumb.jpg.3ca67dfc2399cf53763502fc10b34d66.jpgshot-19_04.25_22_28.41-0735.thumb.jpg.116cf8d633a78006d9dc24ba71434dfb.jpg

• Cool 2

[WTFNO]
Players
594 posts
10,339 battles

+ you don't (almost) absolutely need a win to clear the higher bars

+ can be done in coop

- and yet another incentive to farm damage instead of playing for the victory, yay ...

Incidentally, I wonder if this new design will lead to the the clans with most active members winning by sheer numbers.

• Cool 1

[BOBS3]
Players
1,016 posts
19,636 battles

This is good - as lower skill players can contribute but the round will be decided by the higher skilled, higher tier players getting the top damage scores later in the round

The change actually makes it more of a strategy game too. When should you use your 10 chances to the best effect for the clan.

Clan leaders could have input on this.

Edited by Cambera_1
Additional content
  • Cool 2

[CU]
Players
250 posts
21,197 battles
On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 12:01 AM, BLUB__BLUB said:

I think this is too low though. Now it promotes just having clans with active members.

If you have a large clan, well, you'll win most of the time. I mean, 80k... I do that in a T6 CV, in a T8 game -  and I'm a potato.potato.gif.f48848a9119cb7080bbd9c46298ef3f2.gif

Reveal hidden contents

1001644234_RangerinT8-1.thumb.jpg.3ca67dfc2399cf53763502fc10b34d66.jpgshot-19_04.25_22_28.41-0735.thumb.jpg.116cf8d633a78006d9dc24ba71434dfb.jpg

Agree the thresholds are a bit low (and could do with 100-150k for final bars maybe), but you still have to not die in first few minutes of match. Makes a pleasant change to have something positive to say about a change to the game anyway :)

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
1,359 posts
10,664 battles
On 5/11/2019 at 2:48 PM, AmiralPotato said:

- and yet another incentive to farm damage instead of playing for the victory, yay ...

This is true and the damage metric favors certain classes more than others.

• Cool 1

[CU]
Players
250 posts
21,197 battles
55 minutes ago, Saltface said:

This is true and the damage metric favors certain classes more than others.

Yes agreed. I noticed this too, so would propose spotted dmg counting in some way along with conventional dmg for the total.

Players
8,334 posts
9,210 battles

Yeah. Why incentivise playing for a win over playing for damage. Hell yeah.

No seriously, this is a crappy change and they shouldn't have reverted to the damage farming contest. 

[PUPSI]
Privateer
11,236 posts
Vor 29 Minuten, Cagliostro_chan sagte:

No seriously, this is a crappy change and they shouldn't have reverted to the damage farming contest. 

sure, how can it be that also lower skill players can contribute a significant amount stars and not only the unicums :Smile_facepalm:...

unfortunately it is only for two weeks...

Players
8,334 posts
9,210 battles
5 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

sure, how can it be that also lower skill players can contribute a significant amount stars and not only the unicums :Smile_facepalm:...

unfortunately it is only for two weeks...

Farm the 300 and 900 exp marks? In the end, this is a contest, it's designed to not just be a walk in the park and if you can meet the higher damage marks easily, but can't even get 1.5k base exp every so often, I think the game is better off NOT encouraging whatever playstyle that is. Not that you need to be unicum for that. I certainly am not and manage to usually get 5-6 stars.

And it shouldn't be that other people have to suffer, just because one player decides he plays for the damage, thus instead of bringing any DD that might be playing for objectives but in return often misses out on damage is not worth it, rather bring an Asashio, go on a merry adventure away from caps, torp two BBs that don't even die to the torps and get 60k damage on a defeat.

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,142 posts
8,940 battles

The base XP required wins on the higher thresholds to complete, while damage as already said in the thread makes it more accessible and easier for everyone. Damage farming does offcourse lead to the issue of not playing for the win, but honestly not many people do anyways.

If you do the damage required in the stages chances are you still have made some form of contribution towards winning, so overall I like the change.

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
793 posts
4,565 battles

Found it to easy. Went straight up to the 70k bar in one go, grabbed another ship did the same 10/10. We lost this round basically because the enemy clan had more active players playing this week. 

The only thing I do like it is not dependent on weekend teams if you get the bar or not. But you can increase the chance of winning by just div up.
 You are in a clan so that should not be a problem. Let the other players mop up the low score bars. 

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,806 posts
17,116 battles

- can be done in coop, where damage farming is way too easy

+ you don't have to pay so much attention to your clan members skill levels and appropriate timing anymore, i.e. send in the less skilled players first, so the better players won't waste their attempts on low xp counts

Players
5,015 posts

Er.. just checking if anybody else is spotting something odd about Naval Battles attempt counter?

I have (supposedly) completed all my 10 attempts for this weekend and now am shown to lead 10 to 3... however! In port view the tab shows '3' and when I bring the cursor over it the pop up says:

Attempts left: 3

! Attempts are not counted in.

Like.. what?

Sign in to follow this