Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MadBadDave

Wargaming, are they good enough ?.

6 comments in this topic

[S-O-M]
Players
657 posts

We all know how much of an impact Cv's have had on the game, and the only people who will say Cv's aren't massively Op, especially in the right hands are Cv drivers themselves.

I've mentioned it before; Radar, often 10km coverage; whats the point of stealth, concealment, with this and Cv's any wonder DD's are often outnumbered by carriers, in game.

Bodge after bodge to fix a broken rework, and who here really thinks the next update will change things; a delay will make things easier for Cv's (they won't have to look for their prey, because it'll be in the cap).

You kill a sqn, 10 seconds later another one appears, you kill that, another one crops up, by the time each one has made it's customary 120 attack passes over you your game's usually over.      All ship consumables etc are limited, e.g main battery, secondary, torps so why isn't flying time limited, why doesn't re-arming planes take longer (like some DD Torps), Wargaming fails to address the core issues; the sheer amount of disposable planes, and the unlimited ordnance (I'd love to have seen 8 dive bombers attack Yam or any half decent BB),  3/4 passes, would they have got one ?.  Yes this is a game but put into context ; the yanks sent over 400 planes.

So knowing the games broken, what do WG do; BUY A premium cv.      That's like saying buy this brand new car, but we'll need it every 2 weeks or so to fix it, by which time your 2 litre BMW's become a 950cc .  So not only do you upset BB, Cruiser and DD drivers but also the people who've paid good money for the Premium Cv's.     And because they are so OP many are jumping from other ships to drive one, Just who does make these wonderful decisions at WG ?.

AA was good, as was ship fighters, now they're rubbish, be honest.   How many have seen cv's being attacked themselves at the start of the game (don't Cv's have the best AA?).   Again matchmaking makes a mockery of ship fighters and the duration their in the air; If Cv planes can stay up why can't ship fighters ?.

Naturally Cv drivers come out from their hiding place (usually behind an island), to defend the most OP ship in the game, the rest of us enjoy cv free games, and ultimately Cv's will be the victim's of their own success.

Yes I've played cv's before and after the rework, personally I preferred playing the occasional RTS game (employed my fighters as a CAPPING SCOUT), I play WORLD OF WARSHIPS to sail WARSHIPS, if i'd wanted to fly planes I'd have gone to WOP (which co-incidentally is too hard for most cv drivers), all Wg had to do was increase the pathetic sqn size to 8 (like now), and let the cv driver decide what planes to carry (I hated dive bombers), if I could've had just fighters and Torp bombers in sqn's of 8 I'd never have got rid of my carriers.     Instead we got the biggest [edited] up in gaming history.

Matchmaking another contentious subject; again supposed tweaks have made it better, BULL, matchmaking is as messed up as it was before, how the hell is anyone supposed to do well in a slow lumbering T6  BB, when you're fighting T8 BB's and T8 Cv's.

Frame rates; how many here encounter erratic frame rates, not ten mins ago (which prompted this posting), I was in a T8 game (obviously mostly T10's), where the FPS was up and down like a yo-yo, again how the hell are you supposed to do when your less than 8km from the enemy going head to head and the frame rate drops (and no my equipment's fine). 

Will Cv's stop hiding and made to feel  that planes matter, will the constant stream of planes and mutiple passes stop, will match making improve, will frame rates /connectivity be consistent, will ship AA/fighters improve, will subs ever appear (probably the best thing to curtail the increase in Cv's), will WG charge sensible prices for stuff (8000 dabs for Camo), and despite update, after update after update does WG really care; NO.

Whilst a short term free distribution of capt points etc is appreciated, given the current turmoil WG could and should be doing more to appease us, because without us their is no game.

So am I the only one to have lost the plot, or is Wargaming quickly becoming a sinking ship ?.

• Boring 5

[CATS]
Players
27,527 posts
14,598 battles
4 minutes ago, MadBadDave said:

So am I the only one to have lost the plot, or is Wargaming quickly becoming a sinking ship ?.

• DD still outnumber CV most of the time
  • Overall battle numbers were not negativly affected by rework
  • Rework dramaticly increased CV player numbers
  • Cool 3

Players
1,277 posts
19,200 battles

In all honesty, no matter how much I hate CVs, no matter how much I disapprove of the direction this game is heading, at the end of the day it's WGs game and they are allowed to do whatever they want with it. On top of that it's free to play, so if you didn't spent a cent on it, and you don't like it, you didn't lose anything but your time.

My stance on this matter is clear. I still think there is a good quality game under all this pile of s*it WG is dumping on us.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,169 posts
20,121 battles
1 hour ago, MadBadDave said:

will subs ever appear (probably the best thing to curtail the increase in Cv's)

Why does everyone believe this?

If subs were ever to appear they will probably have normal spawn rules. That means to get to a CV they'd have to cross the entire map, remain completely undetected while doing so and be able to kill the CV without being killed by the CV themselves. All of which is pretty much impossible as DDs should know already.

Hunting a CV in a sub would be just as foolish as it currently is with DDs. In fact it would be even more stupid because you don't even have guns to reliably damage a CV.

[THESO]
[THESO]
4,039 posts
10,881 battles

while locking this topic, I would like to direct you to,

Sticky CV discussion topic here, ==> CV TOPIC

Or MM discussion topic here, ==> MM TOPIC

and last but not least,

Potential FPS fix topic started by a WG official, ==> FPS FIX TOPIC

Gd'day.

• Bad 2