You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
All_up_in_ur_grille

When will the Operations gamemode be expanded/re-impelemented/re-worked?

16 comments in this topic

Players
22 posts
4,051 battles

Has anyone heard about when the previous Operations that were removed will be returned, or new ones added?

AFAIK four? missions were removed as a result of the CV rework, which I guess is still ongoing

I've read elsewhere on the forum that the Operations & co-op base of WoWs was far larger than WG had anticipated, and as someone now regular on them (to build up captains) I see the queue times bearing this out

Do forumites want more OP's? the old ones returned? Or new ones added?

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
7,303 posts
Vor 6 Minuten, All_up_in_ur_grille sagte:

Has anyone heard about when the previous Operations that were removed will be returned,

when the adaption for the new CVs is done

[CLTS]
Players
51 posts
2,666 battles

hmm... I almost forgot we have those. Frankly I play them unti scoring 5stars never to return... Except for Dunkirk that one is specially fun. 

[PVE-D]
Players
170 posts
7,150 battles

First of all, fix and re-add the existing ones. I'm especially missing Cherry Blossom.

And yes, we do need more ops, especially high-tier ones. One can only play Narai so often per day before it gets boring. And Cherry was for allied cruisers only. So ops for other T8s or higher would be highly appreciated.

Coop games are just not that much fun with games ending in 4-5 minutes.

• Cool 5

[NWP]
Players
5,179 posts
6,635 battles

I think MrConway said, in the latest WG stream this week, that Dynamo and Cherry Blossom are returning soon (not sure what soon means, i wasnt there myself to hear it, but got told afterwards)

• Cool 1

Players
1,210 posts
3,620 battles

Yes we need the old ones returned, and new ones added, for all tiers from 6 to 8, possibly even 9 and 10.

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,111 posts
27,365 battles
7 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

I think MrConway said, in the latest WG stream this week, that Dynamo and Cherry Blossom are returning soon (not sure what soon means, i wasnt there myself to hear it, but got told afterwards)

Sounds great, I played nearly only Cherry Blossom (and Hermes). 

Players
1,381 posts
5,380 battles

Op Dynamo with 6 DD's against multiple CV's with the new CV mechanic with rockets etc - That'll be "fun and engaging" :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[OGHF]
Players
792 posts
12,992 battles
4 hours ago, IanH755 said:

Op Dynamo with 6 DD's against multiple CV's with the new CV mechanic with rockets etc - That'll be "fun and engaging" :Smile_trollface:

There was no option for CV in Dynamo when it first came out, it is a DD only scenario.

• Cool 1

[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Players
39 posts
10,362 battles
11 minutes ago, Cyclops_ said:

There was no option for CV in Dynamo when it first came out, it is a DD only scenario.

The reason this op is currently unavailable is due to the scripts for the aircraft driven by the bots require rework to be effective. You could argue the bots were using off map CV's or airfields to provide the aircraft sorties.

Regards 

Players
995 posts

I'd welcome old and new operations, preferably ranging from tiers 2 to 10 and including various ship types and nations.

• Cool 4

[SM0KE]
Players
3,003 posts
7,181 battles

I can't wait for the old ones to return (assuming they remain as fun as they were before); the repeats of the existing ones are starting to get old, especially as the current one isn't terribly satisfactory.

I'd ideally like to eventually see at least two Ops per tier from T6 to T9, cycled weekly, so you'd have two months before a repeat...

• Cool 3

Players
489 posts
4,204 battles

New Ops would be nice, maybe for a range of tiers as well rather than just T6 most of the time, just to mix things up a bit. Or, if it was possible, a more historical scenario using period ships (or as close as). I would love to see an ABDACOM themed scenario, or series of scenarios that follow that campaign through. Of course we would need new ships, primarily the Dutch cruisers and destroyers that served. I have no clue if this would be possible, mixing a range of what would be T4, T5 and T6 ships together against Japanese T7 cruisers and mid tier destroyers. Still, I like the potential that scenarios present, so this could be fun and a nice way to complement a collection on ABDACOM, perhaps.

• Cool 5

Players
300 posts
14,014 battles

I'm sure we will get new operations in time but I doubt it for another few months, at the moment WG are far to focused on the CV situation to dedicate resources to operations. 

however that being said I do hope we get to see new operations based around the North Atlantic convoys, the Mediterranean theatre and intercepting amphibious landing operations in the Pacific. 

Still hopefully we will get the old ones back first, in maybe 3 months or so I would guess, when WG feel they know how strong they want air power to actually be. 

[PVE-D]
Players
170 posts
7,150 battles
10 hours ago, Centurion_1711 said:

New Ops would be nice, maybe for a range of tiers as well rather than just T6 most of the time, just to mix things up a bit. Or, if it was possible, a more historical scenario using period ships (or as close as). I would love to see an ABDACOM themed scenario, or series of scenarios that follow that campaign through. Of course we would need new ships, primarily the Dutch cruisers and destroyers that served. I have no clue if this would be possible, mixing a range of what would be T4, T5 and T6 ships together against Japanese T7 cruisers and mid tier destroyers. Still, I like the potential that scenarios present, so this could be fun and a nice way to complement a collection on ABDACOM, perhaps.

While the idea is nice and new content -especially PvE- is always be welcomed, please remember that in the beginning of Operations T5 and T6 ships were allowed, and the former ones did horrendously bad in comparison. A player team of stock T5 ships, played by players who most likely didn't even hit T6 yet, were most often doomed to begin with, as they lacked ship stats and player skill. Ultimate Frontier has shown that even same-tier but mixed-class operations can lead to problems. Narai and Hermes in comparison were/are quite well balanced and set up.

tl;dr: it's a nice idea, but will work out badly (if at all).

• Cool 1

Players
36 posts
4,588 battles

I'd like to see more ops as well, aftertthey reintroduce the reworked ones. There's a good amount of historical battles they could base them on.

From the top of my mind good possibilities are:

Battles around the Norwegian coast in 1940, such as the battles near Narvik where Germany lost most of its destroyer forces.

The channel dash, where Scharnhorst, Gneisenau and Prinz Eugen rushed through the channel under British air attack. (In the Op the British response would be more effective than reality)

If, and it's big if, they add subs to the game there's the Atlantic convoys. DDs could hunt down subs while protecting convoys and fending off FW200 condors.

For low tiers there's the raid on Zeebrugge in 1918 by the Royal navy. Could be open to tier 3?

• Cool 5