Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Battleship_Division_7

Clanbattle format isn`t right

31 comments in this topic

[EON]
Players
11 posts
6,132 battles

Hello Guys,

I am wondering if other clan's also face the problem`s we have..

Why is it possible if you are in the Gale League group 1  that u face openents from the  Storm league group 1??

We Never get any chance to Up League with so much struggle!!

We NEVER played against Lower League Groups!! we played 142 Clan battles this season in total with 2 Divisions.. and still are in the Gale League we have 50% of the battles played against Higher League's!

its getting frustrated!!! and what is the points of all these Legue`s and groups anyway...

[CATS]
Players
17,383 posts
11,714 battles

Higher rated clans have secondary teams with low ratings....

[EON]
Players
11 posts
6,132 battles
7 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Higher rated clans have secondary teams with low ratings....

Last Battle we played with Alpha group 1 in Gale League Vs a clan In Storm league group 1 so i don`t understand what that has to do with secondary teams with lower ratings?

[CATS]
Players
17,383 posts
11,714 battles

The game shows you only the highest rating of a clan, but not the rating of the current enemy team.

• Cool 2

Players
1,062 posts
9,072 battles
29 minutes ago, Battleship_Division_7 said:

Last Battle we played with Alpha group 1 in Gale League Vs a clan In Storm league group 1 so i don`t understand what that has to do with secondary teams with lower ratings?

Their secondary team might have a rating somewhere in gale. So if they play that rating then they're facing opponents corresponding with that rating whilst being a league higher. 

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,487 posts
6,977 battles

Honestly I can see his point. Our clan is in mid-storm league currently (we don't play that much) and the only clans we encounter are from Hurricane and Typhoon League.

I admit we're kind of stomping over the few Storm league clan we fight, but that's exactly the reason why I think we should mostly fight opponents in our league, and if we are effecitvely better, we should move on quickly to higher leagues, instead of being forced to constantly fight against Typhoon/Hurricane which slows our progress through the ladder.

I mean that's the whole point of this ladder system... 

• Cool 3

[NWP]
Players
5,196 posts
6,651 battles

Remove Bravo rating = problem solved

Whatfor do we need this anyway:cap_old: Yeye, big clans have 52366 members who all wanna play CBs. Because clans get bigger and bigger, soon we need gamma rating too i guess :cap_fainting:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NWP]
Players
2,019 posts
13,110 battles
6 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Remove Bravo rating = problem solved

Whatfor do we need this anyway:cap_old: Yeye, big clans have 52366 members who all wanna play CBs. Because clans get bigger and bigger, soon we need gamma rating too i guess :cap_fainting:

but but but, what if I want to have fun and play an all Harugumo CB? How can I do that then?

Honestly, removing it may not be the best solution. Another option could be that only your top rating counts towards completing the missions for steel etc. So if you do want to go storm or gale clubbing: you'll do it without getting rewards and such...

• Cool 2

[OCTO]
Players
913 posts
17,338 battles
13 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

but but but, what if I want to have fun and play an all Harugumo CB? How can I do that then?

Honestly, removing it may not be the best solution. Another option could be that only your top rating counts towards completing the missions for steel etc. So if you do want to go storm or gale clubbing: you'll do it without getting rewards and such...

I agree. While Bravo might have introduced some issues, overall it is a great addition to clan battles.

You need Bravo to try new tactics and, for smaller clans (as ours), to allow to play even when you don't have an optimal mix of players and ships. 

[BYOB]
Players
3,536 posts
13,416 battles

People don't like to get clubbed and the only natural reaction to being "free wins"  for higher tier clans is to stop playing.

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
17,383 posts
11,714 battles

Funny thing, there are a lot clans around that rating that do not complain and do not have the "feeling"™ of getting clubbed regularly....

[COR3]
Players
625 posts
10,618 battles
36 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Funny thing, there are a lot clans around that rating that do not complain and do not have the "feeling"™ of getting clubbed regularly....

Of course not, because once you reach gold two you will face that guys regulary anyway. And getting clubbed by this clans should teach about tactics and how to deal with the oponent. When to push when to not push etc. theoretically you the clubbed clan should be able to rebound rather quickly anyway.

Just an example due to conflicting shedules we had not much time to bring out our better players and just yesterday made Gold Rating 3

730804004_2019-05-1008_33_59-Clans.thumb.png.cbe0ae1295bd06b5a0cc9b060ca071b4.png

as you can see it was a real easy way... to boot as silver one to face all this.... it's hard it's challenging its fun...

Players
2,124 posts
7,305 battles

You should play teams in your own league, period.

Every sporting nations league do this for a reason.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,442 posts
11,453 battles
6 hours ago, 159Hunter said:

We did this with the Scrubs .. all formed a wolfpack and went on one flank ..

We had a lot of fun :Smile_Default:

I wish I could've seen the face of the first Des Moines' player we met at that flank .. he spotted one of us and opened fire, only to have 7 Harus fire back at him :cap_haloween: a neverending HE rainbow .. death by a thousand cuts ..

He got sunk so fast it was a thing of pure beauty. :fish_cute_2:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[HOO]
Players
1,278 posts
2,777 battles
10 minutes ago, lup3s said:

We did this with the Scrubs .. all formed a wolfpack and went on one flank ..

We had a lot of fun :Smile_Default:

I wish I could've seen the face of the first Des Moines' player we met at that flank .. he spotted one of us and opened fire, only to have 7 Harus fire back at him :cap_haloween: a neverending HE rainbow .. death by a thousand cuts ..

He got sunk so fast it was a thing of pure beauty. :fish_cute_2:

Now ^THIS^ is a replay I want to see :-)

[FJAKA]
Players
1,933 posts
336 battles
14 hours ago, Battleship_Division_7 said:

Hello Guys,

I am wondering if other clan's also face the problem`s we have..

Why is it possible if you are in the Gale League group 1  that u face openents from the  Storm league group 1??

We Never get any chance to Up League with so much struggle!!

We NEVER played against Lower League Groups!! we played 142 Clan battles this season in total with 2 Divisions.. and still are in the Gale League we have 50% of the battles played against Higher League's!

its getting frustrated!!! and what is the points of all these Legue`s and groups anyway...

just a bad luck with MM

[-CIA-]
Players
212 posts
18,032 battles

WG needs to be 100% transparent about how the MM work, I mentioned this problem 2 seasons ago but everyone looked at me funny  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,442 posts
11,453 battles
32 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

I'll check if I had it saved, else maybe one of the clanmates.

Players
342 posts
3,092 battles

As others have said, secondary teams appear to have the rating of the primary team for display, but use their lower secondary rating for matchmaking.

[UTW]
8,487 posts
6,977 battles
40 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

We tried it too. Honestly it's a pretty strong line up but it only works because usually you don't know how to counter it. We also fell prey to it once.

Once we got a six Stalingrad lineup in front of us and completely wrecked it with our standard setup too. xD

[HOO]
Players
1,278 posts
2,777 battles
40 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

We tried it too. Honestly it's a pretty strong line up but it only works because usually you don't know how to counter it. We also fell prey to it once.

Once we got a six Stalingrad lineup in front of us and completely wrecked it with our standard setup too. xD

I can imagine the typical response would be blind panic. That much HE spam raining down on you :-)

[UTW]
8,487 posts
6,977 battles

The thing is, you shouldn't push it at any cost. Keep your distance and your radar, and play the objective instead. The Harugumo fleet is only dangerous because it works as a swarm, they don't split up or not much.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,198 posts
10,726 battles

CB MM seems to have gotten a pretty damn wide MM bracket window of around 300 points (i.e.: three groups) difference. We had a game after getting into Storm I against a Typhoon I ranked team and yes, we played their Alpha rating, not Bravo. It was markedly also not a case of MM not finding another match after taking too long because we got seeded after just a handful seconds though obviously the chance exists the other clan had been waiting for longer, but quite honestly I don't think there'd be too little opposition at Typhoon I at the time when that happened.

I can only presume that was done by WG after Hurricane clans (rightfully) complained about facing basically just three or four other clans all the time because they were so far ahead on points they wouldn't get matched with other teams. And I'd say it's fair enough to have a wider MM spread for Hurricane clans though honestly 300 or so points is goddamn large even for that, any clan that is so far ahead they can only get a diverse MM by getting seeded against clans with much lower ranking can honestly just wait a while until more advance into their MM bracket instead of basically complaining about being too successfull.

There's a balance to find, but having clans fight with an entire league's difference in ranking at what I can only assume goes for the entire MM in the current CB season is quite frankly absurd. Gale I clans shouldn't fight Storm I, Storm I clans shouldn't fight Typhoon I, etc. pp..

Combine that with the artificial loss of points given the average rate at which you gain and lose points (WG has stated they designed the system so that just to break even on ranking you still have to win more often than lose rather than the natural 50/50 ratio!) and WG is simply creating their own MM scarcity only to try and combat it by allowing such disparate MM, which is just plain daft if you'd ask me ...

• Cool 1

[EON]
Players
11 posts
6,132 battles

Thanks for the reactions all..

i noticed from several reply’s we are not the only one with this problem.. 

look if u are going for stars to lvl up for the next league  i have no problem if u face a lvl 3 group from the upper league that sounds reasonable for me..

we are just a normal clan with casual players.. but it is frustrating more and more..  we just want  to reach the storm league at least but it is just impossible due these issue’s 

I hope they will do something about it next season.. to give normal clan’s at least a  oppertunity To go up

Greetz

BD07

[SCRUB]
Players
3,442 posts
11,453 battles
3 hours ago, ShinGetsu said:

The thing is, you shouldn't push it at any cost. Keep your distance and your radar, and play the objective instead. The Harugumo fleet is only dangerous because it works as a swarm, they don't split up or not much.

True, first team we met rushed towards us and melted under the neverending rainbow .. the second team we met (I believe it was HAMI) played a lot more defensive and - despite it being a close battle - was victorious in the end.

Sign in to follow this