You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

What is with all this "grapevine talk" about upcoming Tier X Russian BB "Pobeda" "/ Slava" - is there any official info?

70 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,346 posts
9,784 battles

Hi all,

What is with all this "grapevine talk" about upcoming Tier X Russian BB "Pobeda" "/ Slava" - is there any official info?

If you take a look at most excellent "WowS Fitting Tool" you can see her stats (in current WoWs v0.8.3.1 as "TEST Ship"):

https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PRSB510&modules=1111&upgrades=000000&commander=PCW001&consumables=11&lang=en

She has almost 25 km gun range with 1.9 Sigma and just 219m of dispersion... :Smile_hiding:

F9tW7Hf.jpg

Also if you take a look at latest "Flamu" video:

And accompanying Reddit thread:

Things are... well... interesting... :Smile_bajan2:

Leo "Apollo11"

Players
82 posts
8,809 battles

''is there any official info''

Flamu is a CC. Those video's are the ships in the test stage (WIP stands for work in porgress)

Basically, you literally linked us video's of the ''official info'' you are asking about. That video titled ''soviet bias defined'', is the latest version in test and therefore the most up to date info available :cap_like:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
2,124 posts
7,305 battles

Put it this way...

Having "Russian" and "Premium" always fills me with dread.

From WarThunder to WOT, it fills me with dread.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[KAKE]
Players
1,452 posts
3,769 battles

Have I missed something, and they decided to make her into a premium after all?

According to the dev blog post, she's supposed to be an alternate Tier X tech tree ship.

[SCRUB]
Players
1,601 posts
13,609 battles

More Russian wet dreams...:Smile_facepalm:

Slav accent. Comrade! We make best fantasy ship in game. Sooooviet Battleship! Da.

WG dev team: 

tenor.gif.c23242c96888988f62813ab71a97328d.gif

Blyat

• Cool 3
  • Funny 11

Players
1,818 posts
245 battles
3 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

More Russian wet dreams...:Smile_facepalm:

Slav accent. Comrade! We make best fantasy ship in game. Sooooviet Battleship! Da.

WG dev team: 

tenor.gif.c23242c96888988f62813ab71a97328d.gif

Blyat

LOL. You should see the object 777 V 2 looking at its armour model that thing is going to impossible for tier 7’s to pen i think even with only gold ammo.

and even then the only tanks with decent frontal pen at that tier that i remember is both the amx ac 42(maybe 45) and the amx m4 45 both over 200mm’s of pen.

For the topic: curious to see its armour profile and other stats as well, will watch dem vids when i get home.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
8,198 posts
10,726 battles
1 hour ago, Redcap375 said:

Put it this way...

Having "Russian" and "Premium" always fills me with dread.

From WarThunder to WOT, it fills me with dread.

Pobeda is just the test name of the Slava and she's slated to be an alternative regular tier X you can research coming from the Soyuz.

• Cool 1

[FJAKA]
Players
1,933 posts
336 battles

Let's start crying about ship nobody seen. 

• Boring 1

[SCRUB]
Players
1,601 posts
13,609 battles
23 hours ago, veslingr said:

Let's start crying about ship nobody seen. 

You are right. It didnt work with Stalingrad, so i probably wont work with this "ship". 

• Cool 3

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
3,078 posts
6,135 battles
1 hour ago, Uglesett said:

Have I missed something, and they decided to make her into a premium after all?

According to the dev blog post, she's supposed to be an alternate Tier X tech tree ship.

It depends really how it translated. On the one hand you can read it as its an alternative tier X that is probably researchable. It wouldnt be the first WG game where the tier 9 had multiple research options.

However it could also be read that its an alternative tier X in the russian BB "family", much like the stalingrad is an alterantive tier X RU cruiser, and the salem is an alternative tier X US cruiser, and therefore have the pobeda available for steel/coal/free XP

[TSCC]
Players
1,610 posts
18,842 battles

It is a regular T10 Soviet BB, not a premium. MrConway and Crysantos confermed this on the WG Twitch Stream

[FADM]
Players
37 posts
2,643 battles
9 minutes ago, koliber_1984 said:

How can it be? In tech tree we have kreml at T10. Alterantive tree or what??

It will be an alternative ship, so next to the kreml you will have the slava, so you can unlock both ships if you want.

They do that in world of tanks also alot so it makes sense. 

Players
206 posts
626 battles

If WG do not nerf Slava, the best solution of the entire problem would be to make her a ship available only on RU server.

Russian nationalists happy, WG happy, EU players happy.

• Cool 8
  • Funny 3

[FADM]
Players
37 posts
2,643 battles
3 minutes ago, HussarKaz said:

If WG do not nerf Slava, the best solution of the entire problem would be to make her a ship available only on RU server.

I think they will fiddle with the acuracy more

Players
980 posts
5,051 battles

To be fair. Contrary to wot I have a lot of faith in the wows devs. Yes, Stalingrad was hilarious when people didn't yet know how to deal with her. However, and slightly skilled ca player will put her to shame in a dpm race. 

I'm rather confident this one will be balanced enough before it hits the server. After all, we have yet to see her deal with an ambushing Zao, torps, closer range Yami etc. Keep in mind this thing is 32mm armor all over the board. Meaning overmatch to a lot of calibres.

I do agree in one aspect with flamu though: We don't need to reward bbs for sniping. 

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

Players
2,124 posts
7,305 battles
6 minutes ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

and slightly skilled 

That's the first problem.

7 minutes ago, dCK_Ad_Hominem said:

Stalingrad was hilarious 

And still is.

• Cool 1

Players
980 posts
5,051 battles
1 minute ago, Redcap375 said:

And still is.

Only if the enemy team allows you to be. Her guns are 11/10, no argument there, but I find it difficult to balance effectiveness and survival in her, especially early on in a match. 

The thing is: You will be spotted. Not Really anything you can do about that. And you will be he spammed. Hard. 

[HALON]
Players
582 posts
8,924 battles
3 hours ago, Somilica92 said:

It will be an alternative ship, so next to the kreml you will have the slava, so you can unlock both ships if you want.

They do that in world of tanks also alot so it makes sense. 

Because only one soviet tier x paper bb is not enough, obviously.

• Cool 5

Players
816 posts
3 hours ago, koliber_1984 said:

How can it be? In tech tree we have kreml at T10. Alterantive tree or what??

Might be a bit like how they have it in WOT. Russia seems to have more tanks available to pick from than any other nation, more so with the light tanks. That once you reach T9, then you can take a pick between 2 different BB at T10. Or might be that one branches off at T8, but not heard anything about two T9 Russian BB for that one to happen (branching off)

Players
816 posts
7 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

If you take a look at most excellent "WowS Fitting Tool" you can see her stats (in current WoWs v0.8.3.1 as "TEST Ship"):

https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PRSB510&modules=1111&upgrades=000000&commander=PCW001&consumables=11&lang=en

She has almost 25 km gun range with 1.9 Sigma and just 219m of dispersion... :Smile_hiding:

F9tW7Hf.jpg

Also if you take a look at latest "Flamu" video:

And accompanying Reddit thread:

Things are... well... interesting... :Smile_bajan2:

Leo "Apollo11"

Lol. watching that video. That ship just rapes anything with huge damage doing cit after cit at any distance.

Crazy if the Pobeda remains that same way. It is way too over-powered

Players
5,074 posts
6,257 battles
12 hours ago, HussarKaz said:

Till cross-server CB, where you get to face RU lineups with this and no chance to ever get it outside the RU server.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,346 posts
9,784 battles

Hi all,

15 hours ago, But_Can_You_Meme said:

''is there any official info''

Flamu is a CC. Those video's are the ships in the test stage (WIP stands for work in porgress)

Basically, you literally linked us video's of the ''official info'' you are asking about. That video titled ''soviet bias defined'', is the latest version in test and therefore the most up to date info available :cap_like:

I meant is "Pobeda" / "Slava":

• "Silver" ?
  • "Premium" ?
    • "FreeXP" ?
    • "Coal" ?
    • "Steel" ?

But now we know - it was aid to be "alternate tech Tree" ship...

Also why make ship with such stats in the first place... :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

Yesterday I had "Slava" in enemy team played by "Unicum" player. After I lost my ship I watched it closely and it didn't repeat the shots "Flamu" did. Nonetheless it had 3000 BasXP at the end (I ended up with just 110 with my Tier VIII DD in Tier X game on losing side)...

• Cool 1