Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
elite_marcus

hit registry

15 comments in this topic

Players
12 posts

I was in my gearing last night,,,, can someone please explain to me , how i can hit a CV (audacious)with full HP,, 128 time's and have no penetrative hit's.... i am bewildered by this,,

[SCRUB]
Players
8,173 posts
10,691 battles

Uhm, by hitting it? I don't quite understand the problem. Were you trying to hit it from close to maximum range? Because CVs can haul arse and if they're running away from you they might be outside of your effective maximum range.

• Cool 1

Players
5,052 posts
6,232 battles
3 minutes ago, elite_marcus said:

I was in my gearing last night,,,, can someone please explain to me , how i can hit a CV (audacious)with full HP,, 128 time's and have no penetrative hit's.... i am bewildered by this,,

Armour. Just like how you can hit a Des Moines 128 times and not get any pens unless you hit the superstructure.

Players
12 posts

sorry maybe i should explain more, the cv was broadside to me at 1st then i went round the back, and i didnt just aim in 1 place, i aimed at several place's trying to get at least 1 hit to register,, it just seem to be so unbelievable 

Players
89 posts
4,267 battles
15 minutes ago, elite_marcus said:

where you near an island by any chance? I've had hit registry problems when hugging island and the shells just seem to go straight through the target i am aiming at, i also saw a torpedo a few weeks back pass straight through a small island, luckily it missed

Players
12 posts

not at 1st, but when i went round the back of the cv, he tried to get round an island, before killing me,,, all this was within 6 to 8 km away from the cv

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,594 posts
15,316 battles

Did you fire AP or HE?

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,594 posts
15,316 battles
53 minutes ago, elite_marcus said:

HE,,,,,

AmqqQXv.jpg

Marked is everything you can penetrate with Gearing HE shells.

• Cool 2

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,685 posts
8,640 battles

Against Audacious you are better off firing AP since pretty much the entire ship is made of 21mm armor plating.

So 128mm HE shells can't penetrate without the IFHE skill.

Hakuryu and Midway on the other hand has 19mm plating. So they melt to essentially any HE shell.

• Cool 1

[COTNS]
Players
216 posts
3,543 battles
4 hours ago, elite_marcus said:

because they have armored decks and even 155's struggle to pen it from a distance. unless u hit the squishy sides with ap or superstructure with HE you wont get any damage.

Players
153 posts
739 battles
Vor 3 Stunden, El2aZeR sagte:

AmqqQXv.jpg

Marked is everything you can penetrate with Gearing HE shells.

Didgusting you giving valueable information and helping others :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

Sign in to follow this