Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Naval Legends: Sovetsky Soyuz

50 comments in this topic

Weekend Tester
950 posts
5,063 battles

Are you just making hate the new Soviet BBs? Because i honestly had enough with all of this fuss around them and the "Victory day"...

• Cool 5

Players
5,022 posts
6,146 battles
25 minutes ago, Srle_Vigilante said:

Are you just making hate the new Soviet BBs? Because i honestly had enough with all of this fuss around them and the "Victory day"...

Look, WG is thinking about how to make big stronk BB for Motherland. Are you not likings the making of big stronk BB for Motherland? Are you enemy of Motherland? Western Spy?

• Cool 5
  • Funny 7

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,174 posts

Legend: 

US, UK, Germany, Japan,... : valiantly fought against overwhelming odds and/or was a technological masterpiece making all other ships obsolete the moment it slid in the water.

RU: was laid down.

"They were designed to be the best. They met enemies face to face, endured tragedies and enjoyed victories. They went down in history due to the bravery of their crews. They are the ships that deserved to be called naval legends."

giphy.gif

• Cool 4
  • Funny 8

Players
82 posts
8,809 battles
28 minutes ago, Jack_Cornwell_VC said:

Legend my arse. It never existed, a legend only in some WG Russian developers mind.... 

Well, it depends on how you use the word Legendary...

Think about how bad Russians are historically at designing and building things safely and effectively.

If they managed to build something that doesn't kill its entire crew. If they just managed to create something that didn't leave the design team dead from radiation exposure or in a Gulag , it's considered legendary :cap_like:

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

[TURN]
Players
1 post
708 battles

A naval legends video about a ship that was never built. What a joke.

• Cool 9
  • Funny 1

Players
93 posts
6,831 battles

So sad. WG is going to a all time low pasting a fake ship in the real world. How hard they try to fit Russia in. Time to start playing the last post soon. What a shame WG .

• Cool 3

Players
960 posts

So much salt I think we can spare a pinch. As this ship was never launched, never sailed or never thought a battle it's no legend like the Mikasa and others, but that does not mean it doesn't have a story to tell. Basically, it got delayed and in the mean time BB's got obsolete as capital ships (sadly). It might have had a useful career if ever built much like the US Iowa class ships did.

Also... how many real BB's are there at tier 9?... Three, if I am right.

• Bad 4

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,174 posts
1 hour ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

So much salt I think we can spare a pinch. As this ship was never launched, never sailed or never thought a battle it's no legend like the Mikasa and others, but that does not mean it doesn't have a story to tell. Basically, it got delayed and in the mean time BB's got obsolete as capital ships (sadly). It might have had a useful career if ever built much like the US Iowa class ships did.

Also... how many real BB's are there at tier 9?... Three, if I am right.

Fit it in the Armada-series then, not in the Naval Legends.

• Cool 3

Players
960 posts
14 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

Fit it in the Armada-series then, not in the Naval Legends.

It probably will be in the Armada when released. Mind you, not every episode of the Naval Legends deals with an actual ship. The fact that WG wants to highlight a ship design that, if ever completed, probably would have something special does not upset me much. What I mostly don't like is the prevalence of paper-only ships in the game. But I can live with this as long as their performance remains within set parameters.

• Bad 1

Players
20 posts
3,037 battles

The Sovijetskij Sojuz as a naval legend … as an Armada video I'd have found it tolerable, not OK , but tolerable. As a naval legend format, it basically sh.ts on ships who actually sailed and fought.

Just ask yourself: did you do a Naval legends about the Montana? About the Lion? About the H39-41 ? 

No.

Why not?  Because they weren't even built!

Also I find those armour values suspect as it doesn't take into account the Strudiness of the armour (where, the Royal Navy and the Kriegsmarine traded blows with the USN as close second - last time I checked).
Also, by the comparisons, you forgot to mention the Yamato - which WAS built, and is a Tier X , just like the SS.

And why the 45KM range, when good luck hitting something on seas with that kind of equipment...

• Cool 4

Players
960 posts
3 minutes ago, tasman_devil said:

The Sovijetskij Sojuz as a naval legend … as an Armada video I'd have found it tolerable, not OK , but tolerable. As a naval legend format, it basically sh.ts on ships who actually sailed and fought.

Just ask yourself: did you do a Naval legends about the Montana? About the Lion? About the H39-41 ? 

No.

Why not?  Because they weren't even built!

Also I find those armour values suspect as it doesn't take into account the Strudiness of the armour (where, the Royal Navy and the Kriegsmarine traded blows with the USN as close second - last time I checked).
Also, by the comparisons, you forgot to mention the Yamato - which WAS built, and is a Tier X , just like the SS.

And why the 45KM range, when good luck hitting something on seas with that kind of equipment...

In hindsight, they probably should have called this episode 'Project 21' or something, highlighting the Soviet battleship program then it would have tied in a lot better with naval history. I think the 40+ km range is pretty standard for this sort of BB calibers. No idea how accurate those would have been in reality. I think the SS (they will love that moniker!) is tier 9, not 10. Tier 10 is the 'Kreml' (should have obviously been Leonid Brezhnev!) :Smile_Default:

Players
20 posts
3,037 battles
26 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

In hindsight, they probably should have called this episode 'Project 21' or something, highlighting the Soviet battleship program then it would have tied in a lot better with naval history. I think the 40+ km range is pretty standard for this sort of BB calibers. No idea how accurate those would have been in reality. I think the SS (they will love that moniker!) is tier 9, not 10. Tier 10 is the 'Kreml' (should have obviously been Leonid Brezhnev!) :Smile_Default:

Yeah, You could be right that that is the tier 9, but Honestly, who cares ? :-) 

Also, yepp, you got that right: most of the people here - myself included - regard the "Naval legends" series for ships that actually served. They obviously placed this propaganda piece in this prominent list in the hope that it gains traction. And I am certain that on the RU server, it will gain traction.

On the EU server however it will only breed scorn and dissent. Also: is it just me or do they kind of spin the whole thing in a way that "the great leaders of the USSR only made wise decisions at the right place and at the right time"?  Even the forced 12-16 hour workdays are delivered on a positive tone... hmm.

Edit: on the topic of range: the longest recorded (confirmed) hit, ship vs. ship was 24 km distance (http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/longest-range-hit-by-a-ships-gun/ ) 

• Cool 1

Players
960 posts
8 minutes ago, tasman_devil said:

Yeah, You could be right that that is the tier 9, but Honestly, who cares ? :-) 

Also, yepp, you got that right: most of the people here - myself included - regard the "Naval legends" series for ships that actually served. They obviously placed this propaganda piece in this prominent list in the hope that it gains traction. And I am certain that on the RU server, it will gain traction.

On the EU server however it will only breed scorn and dissent. Also: is it just me or do they kind of spin the whole thing in a way that "the great leaders of the USSR only made wise decisions at the right place and at the right time"?  Even the forced 12-16 hour workdays are delivered on a positive tone... hmm.

Edit: on the topic of range: the longest recorded (confirmed) hit, ship vs. ship was 24 km distance (http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/longest-range-hit-by-a-ships-gun/ ) 

Well.. they did mention something about execution squads.. they knew how to motivate people. And at least the boss was working too and not just sipping martinis at the club and playing golf.

The longest recorded hit was 24 km? Didn't know that.. cheers! I guess the WG is not that far from the reality when they have capped the max ranges around that figure after all.

Players
20 posts
3,037 battles
5 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

Well.. they did mention something about execution squads.. they knew how to motivate people. And at least the boss was working too and not just sipping martinis at the club and playing golf.

The longest recorded hit was 24 km? Didn't know that.. cheers! I guess the WG is not that far from the reality when they have capped the max ranges around that figure after all.

Even those squads are like: you are motivated now, aren't you happy!? :D 

But probably I'm just paranoid about that... and a bit scorched.

Well, with range mod and spotter plane, my Montana could go out to 31ish KMs ... My Missouri has 27km of range. 

Players
960 posts
1 minute ago, tasman_devil said:

Even those squads are like: you are motivated now, aren't you happy!? :D 

But probably I'm just paranoid about that... and a bit scorched.

Well, with range mod and spotter plane, my Montana could go out to 31ish KMs ... My Missouri has 27km of range. 

If you can hit much at that range... :Smile_honoring:

[ROPS]
Players
48 posts
5,096 battles

i couldn't watch the whole video, the [edited] in it is far greater then i've imagined, ofc russian ship if build will have been the BEST in the entire world. oh yes and you mention poland and romania, wich both had existing ships in ww2, poland has 1 in game, but somehow u managed introduce a full FAKE line of ships. :etc_swear:

• Cool 2

Players
9 posts

T3 Crazee Crapov

T4 Gangrene

T5 Putin's Vanity

T6 Ihazmail

T7 Poonis

T8 SmellyWetSock

T9 Sweaty SoyBoyz

T10 Kriminal

Premium T8 Loonybin

Next tech tree: ....THE D A L E K S

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[4-20]
[4-20]
Players
103 posts
16,999 battles

a Russian BB actually achieved a 38km hit once.

:cap_yes:      ...   

or was that on paper??   :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 4

Beta Tester
6 posts

Not good idea that the central office for Europe of WoWs is in Praga. Cheap and very good beer.

really? is A project23 naval legend? And what more. Did the project23 ships may use the favorite cammo of CCCP navy in WWII?, The port-stonewall cammo and they become to be a port artillery defenses?

10 hours ago, Lord_Holland_of_Wessex said:

Next weeks naval legend:

Image result for Old man in rowboat

If that boat is made in CCCP... Yes, of course, next naval legend in Horizon.

• Funny 1

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
33 posts
3,130 battles

Probably less 'legendary' than the Sovetsky Soyuz....

enterprise-studio-model-dane-penland-smithsonian-national-air-and-space-museum.jpg