You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
beaupeep

Why do ships go into battle unloaded

26 comments in this topic

[NLD23]
Players
2 posts
8,969 battles

Why do ships go into battle unloaded.

Any captain doing this wants cashiering.

Why does wow do it.

[KAKE]
Players
1,447 posts
3,734 battles

Hard to understand

Is the meaning of this thread

And bad haiku too

• Funny 8

[CATS]
Players
17,349 posts
11,710 battles
7 minutes ago, beaupeep said:

Why do ships go into battle unloaded.

Any captain doing this wants cashiering.

Why does wow do it.

I guess you mean the guns.

And no, guns do not get loaded before battle, since the captain does not know which targets he has to engage.

And the fact that you cannot shoot certain guns in the first 30something seconds should not really be a problem....

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,595 posts
8,106 battles

Do you mean that Guns and torpedotubes should be fully loaded at the start of the battle instead of beginning to reaload when battle starts?

There is a good reason for that in case of the torpedos ("unintentional" teamdamage and griefing) and for guns it doesn't matter as they will be loaded before you can shoot any enemys (also mostly true for the torpedos).

Otherwise you have to clarify what you meant as your post doesn't make sense then.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,688 posts
19,686 battles
33 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

[...] as your post doesn't make sense then.

...following up his suggestion, is there any way it could make sense anyway?! ah, if there' wasn't teamdamage.

also op, it's a figure in regard to early capping engagements. thus, torp reload is relevant from matchstart on. all fine there in my book...

edit:

...must resist... AAAAAH...

well, they're not loaded coz one just croessed the border into the next match and the guns still reload from the last one :Smile_trollface::Smile_hiding:

• Funny 4

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,594 posts
15,316 battles

Oh yeah, we had that once.

10/10 was a great time with all the teamkilling in spawn because someone accidentally fired their torps.

Players
3,009 posts
3,402 battles

Imagine being loaded "loaded" in a Yamato...  Somebody who has a slower internet/PC might end up dead already.

Cause sure as hell I'd fire the guns at the location where the (stationary, probably not yet loaded) reds are....

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,755 posts
7,908 battles

I can understand the main battery not being loaded at start. Having to wait while the torpedo tubes load is bogus though...

[CATS]
Players
17,349 posts
11,710 battles
26 minutes ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

I can understand the main battery not being loaded at start. Having to wait while the torpedo tubes load is bogus though...

2 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Oh yeah, we had that once.

10/10 was a great time with all the teamkilling in spawn because someone accidentally fired their torps.

[BLUMR]
Beta Tester
838 posts
8,047 battles

Because if you carry a loaded gun, you might accidentally shoot off your pecker.

Beta Tester
1,938 posts
6,261 battles

You'r all wrong, you know why the guns arent loaded at the start?

-empty guns are less heavy right, less weight means better acceleration off the start when you press W at match start. 

:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[EUR]
Players
370 posts
4,103 battles
1 hour ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

Some maps can turn very trappy (idk if the word is correct) if you start with loaded torps :)

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,755 posts
7,908 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

So we're hostage to the lowest denominator?  Got it.

• Funny 1

[EDOM]
Players
175 posts
2,457 battles

I've always assumed it was so careless destroyers couldn't "accidentally" fire their torpedoes at friendlies for at least the first minute or so.

Players
1,108 posts
5,871 battles
Vor 47 Minuten, Major_Damage225 sagte:

You'r all wrong, you know why the guns arent loaded at the start?

-empty guns are less heavy right, less weight means better acceleration off the start when you press W at match start. 

:Smile_trollface:

I know this is supposed to be a joke. But what tf is that logic even if the ammunition, therefore weight is still on the ship?

• Funny 3

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,688 posts
19,686 battles
2 minutes ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

I know this is supposed to be a joke. But what tf is that logic even if the ammunition, therefore weight is still on the ship?

:Smile_amazed: someones drunk?! :Smile_trollface: sry, i don't get it lol...

but if that goes in the direction: load fire, load fire to lose weight 'n go faster i only can say: bl**dy brilliant :Smile_honoring::Smile_trollface::Smile_bajan2:

• Funny 2

Beta Tester
1,938 posts
6,261 battles
22 minutes ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

It was logical to make it antilogical :cap_book:

• Funny 2

Players
1,792 posts
245 battles
34 minutes ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

I see less of your smoll faces next to each sentences. 

The brogol has eaten all of my responses. I guess the fat ship isnt as bow heaveh so can move around a bit.

waaah.

• Funny 1

[PEC]
Players
344 posts
1,785 battles
4 hours ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

When you consider the number of ships with 6km torps that launch them ASAP into channels the enemy is still 9km away from it's hardly a waste.

Always love watching a konigsberg or some such throw a load of torps at a BB that 13km away.... kills me every time. Best part is the sweeping turn and flash broadside on the IJN cruisers as they lob a load of torps at targets a 15km away and get detonated during the broadside gape.

[NWP]
Players
5,177 posts
6,629 battles

I have one good reason for having loaded torps:

Slow torp loading DDs can have their torptubes inpacitated before they are reloaded (by a CV f.e.), so they start to reload from scratch.

I think thats retarded anyway, and we shouldnt have fully loaded torptubes at the start of the game precisely because fucktards would abuse it for TKing. But some change might be in order for that. Imo repairing a turret/Torptube shouldnt result in reloading from scratch.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,481 posts
6,964 battles
7 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I have one good reason for having loaded torps:

Slow torp loading DDs can have their torptubes inpacitated before they are reloaded (by a CV f.e.), so they start to reload from scratch.

I think thats retarded anyway, and we shouldnt have fully loaded torptubes at the start of the game precisely because fucktards would abuse it for TKing. But some change might be in order for that. Imo repairing a turret/Torptube shouldnt result in reloading from scratch.

Yeah that mechanic is super annoying. DM vs DM duel at close range when both load AP and knocks each other turret repeatedly is pretty silly to watch. They always have to reload from scratch.

[JRM]
Players
1,881 posts
15,938 battles

@OP let me guess a fresh ashashio owner?

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,642 posts
16,121 battles
13 hours ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

:Smile_facepalm: that my dear chap.. IS THE JOKE....

• Cool 1

[W-C]
Players
569 posts
3,114 battles

Was anyone else like this?

wut.gif.b2194a5e62009c05f7b190ebcbba3b6b.gif

asashio.gif.9b86dd3fcb0d3dc8eb6bb727b656e807.gif

shima.gif.f5e8671e4ffc54ca608ee7ae49bbcf2e.gif

• Funny 3