You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
mil71

Instead of blanket nerfing CV's

59 comments in this topic

[THGZ]
Beta Tester
169 posts

How about just nerfing the main culprits? Midway and Independence.

Don't allow them to drop bombs right in kissing distance of the target, nerf the amount of flights in a squadron.

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,506 posts
25,866 battles

How about turning them into submarines? 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,560 posts
20,714 battles
21 minutes ago, mil71 said:

Midway and Independence.

OpoQQ.jpg?1302279568

Even when they are no longer in the game people want them nerfed. How typical. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 12

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Beta Tester
417 posts
8,444 battles
Just now, mil71 said:

Enterprise is what I meant.

Can't really touch the Enterprise directly... because of the GC debacle...

• Funny 2

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,560 posts
20,714 battles
11 minutes ago, mil71 said:

Can't touch glorious premium CV anymore, so the best you can do is blanket nerf CVs to nerf them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tho funnily enough the new blanket nerfs barely even touch her. :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Players
362 posts
15,944 battles
1 hour ago, mil71 said:

Enterprise has AP bombs, with an long reticle, and the bombs generally hit the sides of the ship anyway?? 

[BBMM]
Players
6,508 posts
8,940 battles

What should be done is cancel the "instant refill" from the squad above.

So, one attacking plane gets shot down = one less torp (or whatever) fired.

• Cool 2

Players
7,422 posts
245 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

Can't touch glorious premium CV anymore, so the best you can do is blanket nerf CVs to nerf them. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tho funnily enough the new blanket nerfs barely even touch her. :Smile_trollface:

Why is your waifu op in two games?

hmm?

also the first reminded me to scream for independance back as well.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,560 posts
20,714 battles
16 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

Why is your waifu op in two games?

Quite possibly because the ship is so legendary that giving her sub-par performance would result in a :etc_swear:storm.

• Cool 1

[NEXT]
Players
5,584 posts
11,304 battles
26 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

What should be done is cancel the "instant refill" from the squad above.

So, one attacking plane gets shot down = one less torp (or whatever) fired.

Actually it's not instant refilled, the plane above has to fly down, and while that the aiming can throw off. That can be a real issue for the cv player, when you have an alinged aim, and in that moment, when you want drop, a plane gets destroyed -> Drop will miss

• Cool 3

[BBMM]
Players
6,508 posts
8,940 battles
36 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

Actually it's not instant refilled, the plane above has to fly down, and while that the aiming can throw off. That can be a real issue for the cv player, when you have an alinged aim, and in that moment, when you want drop, a plane gets destroyed -> Drop will miss

I haven't experienced any drops missing, but then again, I only have the T6 so far (T8 coming...).

[CLTS]
Players
104 posts
5,984 battles
16 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

Specially with rocket attacks... How many times I wasted a ton of Tiny Tims because one aircraft bit the grass and the aim just popped over the target into the empty abyss... Tho DBs and TBs are not as effected, losing aircraft is no good no matter if the initial strike is still strong I won't be returning with smoking and half attack wings for a suicide drop.

• Cool 1

[NEXT]
Players
5,584 posts
11,304 battles
6 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

I haven't experienced any drops missing, but then again, I only have the T6 so far (T8 coming...).

You can notice that with the Dive bombers, not sure about torpedo and rocket planes

[NEXT]
Players
5,584 posts
11,304 battles
2 minutes ago, E4GLEyE said:

Specially with rocket attacks... How many times I wasted a ton of Tiny Tims because one aircraft bit the grass and the aim just popped over the target into the empty abyss... Tho DBs and TBs are not as effected, losing aircraft is no good no matter if the initial strike is still strong I won't be returning with smoking and half attack wings for a suicide drop.

Well, it seems it depends on the CV. I play only IJN; and my bomb drop of the DBs miss competly sometimes, while I can't remember, if rocket planes are that much affected by that ;D

[BBMM]
Players
6,508 posts
8,940 battles
1 minute ago, Pikkozoikum said:

You can notice that with the Dive bombers, not sure about torpedo and rocket planes

Well, then at least they have the DBs done right.

T 6 sends only two torps, but if 'a reseve gets called in' there is still the same aim.

[NEXT]
Players
5,584 posts
11,304 battles
4 minutes ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Well, then at least they have the DBs done right.

T 6 sends only two torps, but if 'a reseve gets called in' there is still the same aim.

I guess it somehow affects every plane type. Somtimes you don't even notice that with the DBs, just because the reinforcing plane is just already at a good drop positon, so it doesn't throw off the aim

[BBMM]
Players
6,508 posts
8,940 battles
Just now, Pikkozoikum said:

I guess it somehow affects every plane type. Somtimes you don't even notice that with the DBs, just because the reinforcing plane is just already at a good drop positon, so it doesn't throw off the aim

Might be. But no matter, I;d still say if one of the planes is dead, then it's dead.

In case of torps that would leave a 'gap' for the victim-ship to escape through.

Wouldn't matter that much for BBS, but a DD could get through such a hole easily.

[NEXT]
Players
5,584 posts
11,304 battles
Just now, BLUB__BLUB said:

Might be. But no matter, I;d still say if one of the planes is dead, then it's dead.

In case of torps that would leave a 'gap' for the victim-ship to escape through.

Wouldn't matter that much for BBS, but a DD could get through such a hole easily.

Torpedos can be dropped at pretty high altitudes. Wouldn't make a difference, if the plane drops it, or a plane 50 meter above the first plane.

Also we have to consider, that this is an arcade-shooter and not a simulation ^^

[BBMM]
Players
6,508 posts
8,940 battles

Torpedos can be dropped at pretty high altitudes. Wouldn't make a difference, if the plane drops it, or a plane 50 meter above the first plane.

I mean -- if normally there would be 4 torps dropped, then now it is 3 torps. 

Planes no longer 'refill' the attack wave. 

BTW if I dont drop 'em close then usually I do not hit a lot... T6, only 2 torps,

Also we have to consider, that this is an arcade-shooter and not a simulation ^^

Yeah true. Lucky me. After what I put them through, I'd have a mutiny every trip in real life.

Handy though, we could do it on T10 only? or just on CVs that are 'a bit OP'... 

Helll WG could even make the 'replacing' a special skill, that is only available on certain CVs.

Change the meta to stop the replacing, then give CVs that become underpowered that extra skill.

Players
228 posts
4,669 battles

im all for nerfing CVs across the board honestly. just had a game in my AA spec DM and an Enterprice gives no [edited] and bombs me for 18k in a single drop. leaves with 3 planes shot down. yeah - working as intended. A cv can wipe out half the HP of a aa spec cruiser and not even give a dam about my defensive AA. a t8 cv to.... WG fucked up. 

• Bad 1

Players
3,029 posts
5 hours ago, mil71 said:

How about just nerfing the main culprits? Midway and Independence.

Don't allow them to drop bombs right in kissing distance of the target, nerf the amount of flights in a squadron.

wait cvs got nerfed? :Smile_amazed:  hmm, I gotta test this tonight

[BOBS3]
Players
1,016 posts
20,026 battles
4 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

They're talking about Update 8.4 and it is questionable whether it is a nerf or not.

Wargaming "giveth with one hand and taketh with the other."

• Cool 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,560 posts
20,714 battles
26 minutes ago, lossi_2018 said:

2 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Alright so....

This is going to be hilarious....

Hide contents

The DB adjustment is NOT a nerf. It is a HUGE buff. The dispersion is MUCH better than previously and because DBs can now maneuver with their reticle still closing (less than normal, but closing nonetheless) it is practically impossible to deny a DB the perfect drop angle assuming sufficient skill.

Last possible attack altitude adjustment is largely meaningless as is the bomb dispersion nerf because the reticle is so much better now.

New reticle compared to a Grozo:

Hide contents

XpmaHFP.jpg

What they have done is introduce a ~half a second delay between clicking and the actual attack. Whether this is working as intended or not remains to be seen.

Tl:dr: You're all :etc_swear:ing doomed lol. Convert to CV mains now or suffer the consequences! :Smile_trollface:

Nerf? What nerf lol? :Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

Players
7,422 posts
245 battles

Damm that lexi reticle. Must be right looks she got buffed with her dive bombers, lol i don't even have to worry about the angle as much anymore.

:Smile_trollface:

I'm suprised there isn't an aircraft carrier called 'El2azer' at this point lol :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1