Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sytrys

Hydoacoustic search and surveilance rader don't work

29 comments in this topic

Players
20 posts
231 battles

The hydroocaustic search and radar don't work not even in close range( within view range) I don't detect any enemy in smoke. In short everybody should install mods that is better then consum because you detect enemy 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[CATS]
Players
28,806 posts
15,107 battles
16 minutes ago, Sytrys said:

The hydroocaustic search and radar don't work not even in close range( within view range) I don't detect any enemy in smoke. In short everybody should install mods that is better then consum because you detect enemy 

• They do work
  • View range can be very long....
  • Check the range of your consumable and the distance to smoke
  • Consider the target may have left the smoke
  • Maybe check your mods, they could be outdated
  • There are no mods that show you stuff that you cannot see

[-AP-]
Players
2,771 posts
6,675 battles
51 minutes ago, Sytrys said:

Replay please

Players
20 posts
231 battles
1 hour ago, belalugosisdead said:

Do you have a replay of such a Situation? Never heard of such a problem....  

If I have a replay I would have put it in forum together with the topic. They radar and search is okay against ships that don't cover in smoke.

1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:
  • They do work
  • View range can be very long....
  • Check the range of your consumable and the distance to smoke
  • Consider the target may have left the smoke
  • Maybe check your mods, they could be outdated
  • There are no mods that show you stuff that you cannot see

It take a while before you can detect something but the ships I can not detect are in smoke or behind smoke with using radar and search combo in the al mon ship.

Mod that show last enemy postion and they movement with and keep showing in your minimap excist in wot without scout after spotting them but in wow I don't know about it.

[CATS]
Players
28,806 posts
15,107 battles
8 minutes ago, Sytrys said:

It take a while before you can detect something but the ships I can not detect are in smoke or behind smoke with using radar and search combo in the al mon ship.

Mod that show last enemy postion and they movement with and keep showing in your minimap excist in wot without scout after spotting them but in wow I don't know about it.

• Radar and sonar have very different ranges
  • When you misjudge the distance, you do not spot your target
  • Marking ships on minimap is very different to spotting
  • WoWs has the already built in option to show last known position, maybe activate that to improve your judgment

[-AP-]
Players
2,771 posts
6,675 battles
9 minutes ago, Sytrys said:

If I have a replay I would have put it in forum together with the topic. They radar and search is okay against ships that don't cover in smoke.

1. You do have a replay, as replays are enabled by default. Check the "replays" folder in your world of warships folder.

2. Your radar doesnt cover your entire spotting range, it has its own range circle, make sure to enable it in the minimap settings.

3. The destroyer might have simply sailed away from the smoke when he saw a radar cruiser coming towards him. Its not like they HAVE to stay in the smoke for the full duration...

4. There was an old mod in world of tanks, that tracked trees falling over, thats the closest thing to what you are suggesting. Such a mod does not exist in world of warships, and is impossible to make, because the positional data of unspotted ships is only stored sever-side. 

Players
20 posts
231 battles
6 minutes ago, thiextar said:

1. You do have a replay, as replays are enabled by default. Check the "replays" folder in your world of warships folder.

2. Your radar doesnt cover your entire spotting range, it has its own range circle, make sure to enable it in the minimap settings.

3. The destroyer might have simply sailed away from the smoke when he saw a radar cruiser coming towards him. Its not like they HAVE to stay in the smoke for the full duration...

4. There was an old mod in world of tanks, that tracked trees falling over, thats the closest thing to what you are suggesting. Such a mod does not exist in world of warships, and is impossible to make, because the positional data of unspotted ships is only stored sever-side. 

1) I will do it now

2) okay

3) Sail away without being spotted I'm not blind but depend he is capping the flag I don't think he will sail away.

4) When is the last time you play wot because here is interesting news for you https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/fair-play-policy-update-april-2019/ I don't know but if you create a mod that is to good would you  share to everyone or just keep it for yourself and I agree that such mod don't excist but not impossible that every game has now mods.

[CATS]
Players
28,806 posts
15,107 battles
5 minutes ago, Sytrys said:

.....and I agree that such mod don't excist but not impossible that every game has now mods.

It is also not impossible that the world will end tomorrow, but very unlikely....

[-AP-]
Players
2,771 posts
6,675 battles
7 minutes ago, Sytrys said:

1) I will do it now

2) okay

3) Sail away without being spotted I'm not blind but depend he is capping the flag I don't think he will sail away.

4) When is the last time you play wot because here is interesting news for you https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/fair-play-policy-update-april-2019/ I don't know but if you create a mod that is to good would you  share to everyone or just keep it for yourself and I agree that such mod don't excist but not impossible that every game has now mods.

3. Your spotting circle is the distance that the destroyer can spot you, not the other way around. Most destroyers have between 5-6km range in which they can be spotted. Also, if a destroyer sees a radar cruiser coming towards him, then the right play for him is to sail away and abandon the cap.

4. The mods listed there can only report last known positions of unspotted tanks in various ways(which the standard game already does), and point at spotted tanks in various ways, but they cannot in any way get the current position of unspotted tanks, because that information is not available to the api.

Anyhow, looking forward to seeing the replay, so we can shed some light on what happened to you ^^

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,187 posts
9,622 battles

Enable radar and hydro ranges on the minimap and last known position and voila, now hydro and radar "work".

• Cool 1

Players
312 posts
1 minute ago, ollonborre said:

Enable radar and hydro ranges on the minimap and last known position and voila, now hydro and radar "work".

Ctrl-click the "cog" setup icon in the corner of your minimap while in game to toggle these on, if anyone doesn't know how.  Use = and - keys to change map size if it's not clear enough.

• Cool 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

Your radar only has a range of max 12 km on russion cruisers, and max 10 km on US and UK cruisers. Some ships have lower values then those. Hydroaccustic search has much shorter ranges.

All the information you need are available in the client if you look up the consumable you mount. They will tell you their range and duration. They will not work outside those specs.

Replays are saved and stored automatically by the game whenever you play a match.

For spotting and how it works:

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Detection

Spoiler

I start to understand why some people initiate their radar at the start of the battle.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
3,947 posts
19,851 battles
54 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

It is also not impossible that the world will end tomorrow, but very unlikely....

Don't jinx it ! I still have ... stuff ... to do :fish_nerv:

• Funny 2

Players
3,029 posts
2 hours ago, Sytrys said:

ahm I think there's an option to see more stuff in the mini map, maybe that will help you

Players
3,029 posts
2 hours ago, thiextar said:

3. Your spotting circle is the distance that the destroyer can spot you, not the other way around. Most destroyers have between 5-6km range in which they can be spotted. Also, if a destroyer sees a radar cruiser coming towards him, then the right play for him is to sail away and abandon the cap.

Hence why in my restarting playing dds recently after a long break coinciding but not related to the cv rework :cat_paw:, I tend to pick the fastest and more maneuverable of the bunch :Smile_child: and use the Germans with one eye on the indicator. Kinda do a split one eye checking torps, aiming and stuff the other staring up. It kinda messed me up and had to visit an eye doctor as I'd developed a tick from the sudden scary orange symbol appearing out of the blue in the most inopportune moments. Then you gotta move (engine boost + motor -50% obligatory + repeated thrashing of W key) the fook outta dodge cuz in the next milisec every kind of ammo loaded on the enemy fleet within reach will land in your smoke :etc_swear:  I had a game recently in a gaede of all the bloody things that my indicator went from zero to 9 aiming + 4 planes :cap_fainting:in like a second.  

but in the end it's gonna be fine :Smile_smile:

• Funny 1

[ONE2]
Players
3,138 posts
23,461 battles
3 hours ago, Sytrys said:

Well, Hydro is very short range. Usually 3.5.5km max and minimum spotting range tends to be at least 5,4-6km so it is entirely possible you will eyeball the enemy long before you can spot it with a hydro. Hydro is mostly useful in spotting incoming torpedoes, in smoke only if the enemy is dumb enough to just stay and camp there. As for radar, radar ranges vary from 7,5 - 12km so it really depends on what radar you have in your ship. You will be able to spot any Cruiser or Battleship long before that in any case and even some DD's (Khaba). The trick is to be able to get close enough to make some use of it. :Smile_Default:

Of course, a competent DD player will know the range of your radar and try to stay out of range so you have to consider that before using it and make sure you are close enough. I  have seen quite often ships using their radar or hydro, while they themselves are still some 15km away from the enemy. This is obviously useless, so just make sure you know your ship's radar range and be close enough before you use it (you can turn on the range circle in the minimap to help you out with this).:cap_old:

[NWP]
Players
1,406 posts
11,585 battles

Dear All and dear @Sytrys,

I am a bit confused. Radar starts at T7.

Not knowing the mechanics and the difference between concealment range and radar surveillance range or the effective range of hydroacoustic search is rather disheartening for someone playing T7. Also, one should know if the destroyer is still in the cap as the square rotates (rhomboid instead of square) and shows that an enemy is in the cap or has left. Maybe our friend the OP has stretched their legs more than their blanket. As our friend the OP has hidden stats I cannot know. Maybe I am wrong.

Dear @Sytrys, may I kindly suggest that you work a little bit more on the basic mechanics and spend some more time in lower tiers. Trust me (as I have done the mistake to rush through tiers and smashed my face) you will progress a lot faster and enjoy the game significantly more. 

As far as detection mechanics are concerned all previous replies by Forumites cover the issue so no need for me to say the same.

Hoping you did not take my post in the wrong way, it is just a friendly advise.

Regards

Saltface

Players
98 posts
1,315 battles
5 hours ago, Sytrys said:

The hydroocaustic search and radar don't work not even in close range( within view range) I don't detect any enemy in smoke.

They do, or rather they did last night (which was the last time I played); may I suggest you follow the link provided by @Egoleter in post #14 - it should help you understand why hydro and radar will only detect targets within a finite range of you (that is smaller than normal visual range).

Might I also suggest you join a clan; besides getting you some economic benefits (assuming their base is reasonably developed), you should be able to find some experienced players who can division up with you, and help fill in any gaps in your knowledge of the practical applications of the game mechanics.

Players
20 posts
231 battles
15 minutes ago, Saltface said:

Dear All and dear @Sytrys,

I am a bit confused. Radar starts at T7.

Not knowing the mechanics and the difference between concealment range and radar surveillance range or the effective range of hydroacoustic search is rather disheartening for someone playing T7. Also, one should know if the destroyer is still in the cap as the square rotates (rhomboid instead of square) and shows that an enemy is in the cap or has left. Maybe our friend the OP has stretched their legs more than their blanket. As our friend the OP has hidden stats I cannot know. Maybe I am wrong.

Dear @Sytrys, may I kindly suggest that you work a little bit more on the basic mechanics and spend some more time in lower tiers. Trust me (as I have done the mistake to rush through tiers and smashed my face) you will progress a lot faster and enjoy the game significantly more. 

As far as detection mechanics are concerned all previous replies by Forumites cover the issue so no need for me to say the same.

Hoping you did not take my post in the wrong way, it is just a friendly advise.

Regards

Saltface

Dear Saltface 

Thank you for friendly advice and I can tell you I have play wow in beta when they only have two tech tree USA and Japan before they release more nations so I know a bit about lower tiers but likek you said is not wrong to gain experience again from so long time because I was taking a break from wow. You answer is possible.

12 minutes ago, Norris_of_Quirm said:

They do, or rather they did last night (which was the last time I played); may I suggest you follow the link provided by @Egoleter in post #14 - it should help you understand why hydro and radar will only detect targets within a finite range of you (that is smaller than normal visual range).

Might I also suggest you join a clan; besides getting you some economic benefits (assuming their base is reasonably developed), you should be able to find some experienced players who can division up with you, and help fill in any gaps in your knowledge of the practical applications of the game mechanics.

Dear Norris_of_Quirm

Where do I find clans that willing accept inexperience player like me because my other account is in wot clan and they requirement is not low either even the lowest clan ask at least some few battles, some ships and other requirement that clan ask. Thank you for the good advice.

[NWP]
Players
1,406 posts
11,585 battles
2 minutes ago, Sytrys said:

Thank you for friendly advice and I can tell you I have play wow in beta when they only have two tech tree USA and Japan before they release more nations so I know a bit about lower tiers but likek you said is not wrong to gain experience again from so long time because I was taking a break from wow. You answer is possible.

Alas, the game has changed since beta.

Wishing you good luck and lots of fun.

[-AP-]
Players
2,771 posts
6,675 battles
10 minutes ago, Sytrys said:

Where do I find clans that willing accept inexperience player like me because my other account is in wot clan and they requirement is not low either even the lowest clan ask at least some few battles, some ships and other requirement that clan ask. Thank you for the good advice.

You are probably not gonna be able to find any clan that accepts you until you make your stats public.

Even clans that take in beginners want to see your stats, because they need to be able to see what you need to work on, and if you are making progress.

• Cool 1

Players
98 posts
1,315 battles
23 minutes ago, Sytrys said:

+1 to what @thiextar said about hidden stats.

Also, suggest having a look here as a starting point: https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/forum/507-clan-zone/

There are various types of clan; the fiercely competitive ones will have minimum stats/ships requirements, but there are quite a few 'teaching' clans out there, not to mention some that basically only exist for the economic benefits. I'd suggest looking for one of the teaching ones (also, have a look at language requirements: English is very common, but there are clans that speak other tongues, if you're poly-lingual).

Players
20 posts
231 battles
7 minutes ago, Norris_of_Quirm said:

+1 to what @thiextar said about hidden stats.

Also, suggest having a look here as a starting point: https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/forum/507-clan-zone/

There are various types of clan; the fiercely competitive ones will have minimum stats/ships requirements, but there are quite a few 'teaching' clans out there, not to mention some that basically only exist for the economic benefits. I'd suggest looking for one of the teaching ones (also, have a look at language requirements: English is very common, but there are clans that speak other tongues, if you're poly-lingual).

Which teaching clan excist in wow and i change my stats in public again

Sign in to follow this