Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Wilkinson87

Upcoming Ranked..

53 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[TRRC]
[TRRC]
Players
245 posts
6,561 battles

Hello folks.

Another Ranked is incoming, but there will be a bit different...CVs allowed...So, I dare ask the question, What u guys gonna bring in, who will be brave to bring CV to gather salt:D

Because CVs allowed Stalingrad will be parked in port, For my opinion I will bring Aoudacios, or for good old times Radar mino:cap_rambo:

Lets start a clean conversation about the next ranked guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,009 posts
8,068 battles

I just want to play DD like I always do. Anything else I'll just perform worse, even with CV's in the mix.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TRRC]
[TRRC]
Players
245 posts
6,561 battles
1 minute ago, walter3kurtz said:

I just want to play DD like I always do. Anything else I'll just perform worse, even with CV's in the mix.

For fun I might bring haru with gun boat build, but only for fun:) with this build haru detection range is 7.7 km......bit risky:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
150 posts
8,412 battles

I'm going with Zao....just like last time, stalingrad and CVs...maybe...but probably not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
14 minutes ago, Wilkinson87 said:

Hello folks.

Another Ranked is incoming, but there will be a bit different...CVs allowed...So, I dare ask the question, What u guys gonna bring in, who will be brave to bring CV to gather salt:D

Because CVs allowed Stalingrad will be parked in port, For my opinion I will bring Aoudacios, or for good old times Radar mino:cap_rambo:

Lets start a clean conversation about the next ranked guys.

Well CVs were in ranked before so basically we can see how meta will look like (last was dominated by BB (easiest to keep star in lose)):

- few DD (Grozo + Gearing dominating)

- back of strong AAA BSs like Montana very few Yamas and GKs (bad AAA)

- Mino, wooster, Dm

 

 

All team moving in one big bloob makin CV play hard and with low dmg

 

 

i will go with Midway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
4,959 posts
21,936 battles

Slava (or Pobeda or whatever they call it in the end) :Smile_trollface:

 

Barring that be available it will be a combo of grozovoi, stalingrad and yamato/montana depending on the developing meta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TRRC]
[TRRC]
Players
245 posts
6,561 battles
11 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Rental ships seems to me a good choice. Or did they skip that?

Rentals will be available

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
1,049 posts
2,954 battles
11 minutes ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Rental ships seems to me a good choice. Or did they skip that?

Usually it’s Clan battles only

 

OT I’m 20k off a midway, as it’s my only t10 probably that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
668 posts
11,282 battles

Yay, I will take Gearing, my fav boat. When I will be on irrevocable star I will play a bit with Haku. I do apologise anyone in my team for that losses.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-AP-]
Players
2,289 posts
5,646 battles

Ugh, moskva i guess is my only viable option, but what used to be one of the best plane killers in the game, now has really crappy aa for some reason...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[R_I_P]
Beta Tester
4 posts
12,172 battles

It is funny how WG thinks that removing all interesting aspects of the game - strategical flanking, cover, concealed play - by introducing current CV mechanics - is going to benefit the game.

Now they bring it to ranked play where all problems with CVs will be even more pronounced. I will be watching how ranked meta evolves with CVs but I predict that they will totally dominate this season.

All a good cv has to do is to find dd, camp it to death then proceed to win the war of attrition, which by design, suits them more due to magically regenerating planes. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-AP-]
Players
2,289 posts
5,646 battles

Actually, i just realised, picking a destoyer might be viable.

 

I can pick a harugumo and stick in the middle of my fleet, watching the dd that is forced into the enemy team die due to trying to play a destroyer role. Meanwhile i just watch as the enemy has a ship less while i sit in my fleet with what is essentially a light cruiser.

 

Its probably possible to abuse destroyers like that, as it forces one into the enemy team aswell.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,724 posts
15,431 battles
5 minutes ago, Lebedjev said:

Hope, we will be able to rent CV. :Smile_hiding:

Inb4 7v7 CV ranked meta forces WG to nerf CVs, because making rental ships available was not a mistake :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-AP-]
Players
2,289 posts
5,646 battles
10 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Inb4 7v7 CV ranked meta forces WG to nerf CVs, because making rental ships available was not a mistake :Smile_trollface:

Just made me realise, they said ranked was hard capped at 1 cv per team right? What the heavens will they do if too many carriers enter the queue?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
8,321 posts
8,544 battles
1 minute ago, thiextar said:

Just made me realise, they said ranked was hard capped at 1 cv per team right? What the heavens will they do if too many carriers enter the queue?

 

Since ranked queue time is unlimited, its tough luck if too many CVs sit in the queue :Smile_trollface:

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,935 posts
3,389 battles
3 hours ago, Wilkinson87 said:

Rentals will be available

What's the rent? :Smile_coin:

The only reason I took any part in last season's tier IX ranked battles, was that I had just managed to acquire the sprightly USS Black - and taking her into Arms Race was a real blast, let me tell you!

I have no tier X ships, though, and so I was rather planning to give this ranked season a pass. But the opportunity to try out some of those tier X destroyers, is more than a bit tempting...!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TRRC]
[TRRC]
Players
245 posts
6,561 battles
5 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

What's the rent? :Smile_coin:

The only reason I took any part in last season's tier IX ranked battles, was that I had just managed to acquire the sprightly USS Black - and taking her into Arms Race was a real blast, let me tell you!

I have no tier X ships, though, and so I was rather planning to give this ranked season a pass. But the opportunity to try out some of those tier X destroyers, is more than a bit tempting...!

They mentioned that they will use the clan rental system, but we will see what rentals will be out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TRRC]
[TRRC]
Players
245 posts
6,561 battles
22 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

 

Since ranked queue time is unlimited, its tough luck if too many CVs sit in the queue :Smile_trollface:

If I get bored of waiting, I will pick minotaur:cap_cool:1 year ago spent 233 battles in ranked with that ship and learned how to use it with radar.It was a great fun:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,935 posts
3,389 battles
8 minutes ago, Wilkinson87 said:

They mentioned that they will use the clan rental system, but we will see what rentals will be out.

Okay... and pardon my ignorance, but I know zero and null about the clan rental system. Are we talking credits, or doubloons, or what...?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TRRC]
[TRRC]
Players
245 posts
6,561 battles
3 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

Okay... and pardon my ignorance, but I know zero and null about the clan rental system. Are we talking credits, or doubloons, or what...?

Wonder how they will give the rentals, like the same way 1dd 1 cruiser, 1bb and they will switch it after certain days, or they just give all t10s for rental...we will see.Its just a plain ship, will act like a premium, not need captain retrainning, but u cant put camo on the ship.modules, flags u can add, but no camo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×