Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
kapnobathrac

Am I the only one going for DD with torps?

30 comments in this topic

Players
66 posts

I like to hunt dds with my torps in my enterprise. I know dds already hate me and landing torps on them make it so much more satisfying 

i mean,when I see a dd I go guns blazing with all my aircrafts. 

After they see I lose my rockets they usually get relaxed but then I pull down the aircraft window and go like a day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid and come back for them with torps 

Am I the only one?

[EST]
[EST]
Players
904 posts
19,553 battles

Surprisingly large amount of DD-s cant even dodge Haku's 2 torps launched from bow or aft direction. :cap_fainting:

• Cool 1

[MIRAI]
Players
858 posts
5,885 battles
1 hour ago, kapnobathrac said:

I like to hunt dds with my torps in my enterprise. I know dds already hate me and landing torps on them make it so much more satisfying 

After they see I lose my rockets they usually get relaxed but then I pull down the aircraft window and go like a day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid and come back for them with torps 

Am I the only one?

Tbh in most DDs you can outrun most of the Torpedos. It's not that hard and since crosstorping with multiple squads at the same time kinda got removed the only thread are the rockets/or good players with their DBs. But i'm not sure what you want to tell us with the last sentence with the bigger letters. Are you proud of yourself for hunting DDs? 

• Funny 2

[SWTP]
Players
758 posts
7,967 battles

No. It is hilarious to get a killwith a weaponry slower than a victim, but it works surprisingly often. 

Players
452 posts
916 battles

Ryoujo rockets are useless most of the time, so troping DDs is often a better option in most of the cases. Only time I use rockets is to support a DD knife fight where there is a good chance for friendly fire.

dont even need to hit them, make them show unfavourable sides and keeping them spotted is often enough.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
1,406 posts
10,368 battles

Sounds like a waste of time when dealing as much damage as possible as quick as possible is the more effective option. One full squadron is enough to finish most DD's in Big E with her rockets meaning you can already move onto the next target, then the next. 

Players
153 posts
733 battles

With JPN CVs I go Torps cuz Japanese rockets suck , Torps are much better , especially when DD sits in smoke and is to stupid to switch off his AA or keeps shooting with his guns.

• Cool 1

Players
281 posts
13,944 battles

No not unusual a lot of CV players use torps against DDs, that being said not all CV players can hit DDs with torps. 

• Cool 3

Players
153 posts
733 battles
Vor 4 Minuten, lovelacebeer sagte:

No not unusual a lot of CV players use torps against DDs, that being said not all CV players can hit DDs with torps. 

True, but sometimes you don't need to. Torps are the only tools that will make a DD turn and maybe change direction. Especially when going for a CAP late game  Torps can block and delay the DD better than Rockets. I'm excluding HE Bombs  cuz they are too easy :P You don't need to hit with Torps to achieve a tactical win over a situation.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
1,840 posts
15,841 battles

Not to mention flushing out smokes

[SCRUB]
Players
8,135 posts
10,628 battles

No, you're not the only one.

Approach from rear, drop the torps parallel to the DD's course to either force him to go straight ahead or slow down to let the torps pass. In the meantime you do a quick turn and approach the DD from the sides. Either he's going a straight line (best case scenario for you) and can't dodge to the sides without risking to hit a torp, or he's slowed down to let the torps pass which means he's relatively easy to hit as his ability to dodge the follow-up attack is severely limited by his lack of speed.

Works especially well on the RN CVs due to their ability to turn on a dime.

• Cool 4

[FJAKA]
Players
1,836 posts
336 battles
3 hours ago, kapnobathrac said:

Am I the only one?

well if you hit DD with torp from plane you know you hurt tomato player...if hurting "noobs" gives you joy i am so happy for you :)

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
1,840 posts
15,841 battles

U mean tomatos like Flambass? Right? :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

Players
206 posts
596 battles
3 hours ago, kapnobathrac said:

Am I the only one?

Using torps blind-shots on stationary DD covered with a smoke is a simple way to be called a cheater :cap_popcorn:

• Funny 2

Players
220 posts
9,104 battles

Fortunately for me not a single CV player was good enough to spoil my day when cruising in Shimakaze. I will keep in mind that good CV players can actually hit a moving DD with torps as I started to ignore torp bombers recently.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,999 posts
15,042 battles
On 5/8/2019 at 10:33 AM, Aotearas said:

No, you're not the only one.

But he's probably  one of the few for whom it works... I mean, considering the amount of utterly useless CVs we see in the game recently... even worse than before the "workout".

[PN]
Players
590 posts
4,223 battles
On 5/8/2019 at 9:37 AM, kapnobathrac said:

Hmmm....the hatred is strong with this one. (too lazy to look for a Yoda meme)

Players
1,089 posts
3,502 battles

Always fun to do, especially when it works, oh you can just imagine the love and joy that will be felt towards you, as you sit there giggling like a maniac:cap_like:

[UNICS]
Players
413 posts
5,711 battles

IT`s fun when it works, but good luck against any DD player equipped with brain.

Also burn in hell.

• Funny 1

Players
66 posts
3 hours ago, Infiriel said:

IT`s fun when it works, but good luck against any DD player equipped with brain.

Also burn in hell.

salty crackers

Players
5,017 posts
6,146 battles

It's fun with Kaga when you torp a smoke and they don't see it coming, because the smoke obscures it and noone is close enough to spot 6.1 km detection bombers.

[KAKE]
Players
1,411 posts
3,712 battles

Well, neither the Hosho's nor the Ryujo's rockets are anything to shout about, so often torpedoes end up being the most effective weapon they have against DDs.

Players
3,468 posts
8,149 battles
41 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

Well, neither the Hosho's nor the Ryujo's rockets are anything to shout about, so often torpedoes end up being the most effective weapon they have against DDs.

I also often wonder if the Ryujo rocket bombers are even capable of setting any fires at all.