Sign in to follow this  
Hiro_016

What I think Yukikaze needs

3 comments in this topic

[PNAVY]
Players
179 posts
14,680 battles

the well knows fact about Yukikaze extraordinary historical luck.

The current Yukikaze doesn't really show that apart from 5.4 km concealment.  

I think Yukikaze should have heal consumables,  a 1 charge AA def (2 with premium) and a decent section of 22mm armor. 

But keep the weapon system or nerf it if WG feels it too strong. 

The reason is I believe none of IJN DD have heal consumable yet, this would be a great selling point for this premium and she's properly one of the best candidates to have heal consumable.  

Def AA for the cherry on the top for tanky...  also another great selling point but I rather make IJN gunboat have it. 

22mm just so she can somewhat tank DD incoming fire. 

The reason why I think this change is okay because IJN has a poor gun system... so it not gonna beat other nation apart from IJN itself.  

Or

one more possibility is new consumable... 

+30% dispersion of incoming fire for 15 sec. 

This should boot her survivability to fit her 'unsinkable' title. 

What do you guys think?   

[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,596 posts
On 5/8/2019 at 12:12 AM, Hiro_016 said:

one more possibility is new consumable... 

+30% dispersion of incoming fire for 15 sec.

That's... actually a pretty nice idea for a consumable, maybe even as something every DD could have the option of swapping out speed boost for.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles

defAA is likely the most useless consumable Yukikaze could ever have. With no flak buffs and a piss poor AA dps on even poorer range (1.9 km, lol), boosting this doesn't make Yukikaze any less prone to getting murdered by aircraft if caught out.

for the rest, I do not think 22 mm plating is necessary, because Yukikaze fends off DD attacks already in a better manner than Kagero (if anything, F3 torps are better anti-DD torps). and there's no reason why the ship should be incredibly tanky, given it is a torp boat DD. Heal is interesting, but same logic and god knows whether it may not cause Yukikaze to overperform a bit. Overall, the Yukikaze currently is a very special Kagero, it's not OP, it strictly speaking is not UP (F3s are T9 torps for a reason), it just has a less versatile armament that in its niche is much more potent though.

And no, Yukikaze does not need buffs because of reputation. If anything, the ship should only ever get buffs if it underperforms. Which I don't think it really does. 

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this