Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DFens_666

When will we get useful LMs for all ships?

16 comments in this topic

[NWP]
Players
5,196 posts
6,651 battles

Basicly title says it all

@MrConway @Crysantos

Any news? Maybe some news regarding LMs for ships that dont have any? Any plans to change some of them? Why are they in 5th or 6th slot anyway, wouldnt it be better, to have them all in the same slot for better balancing?

Incidently, basicly all my T10 Ships i have, have crap LMs :cap_old: (what are the odds?)

- Montana

Because of the way flooding/fire reduction works, its actually not as useful as i thought. If the boni would be added together, it might be more useful.

- Conqueror

Seems kinda lackluster, as you give up concealment for better rudder shift. Steering gears repair time on a BB seems pretty retarded. And Turret traverse... eh

- Hindenburg

Well crap, first one i got. Totaly worthless imo. Same as the extra heal they slapped on the Hindi, in return for the unneeded reload nerf. It doesnt matter, Hindi will die to HE Alpha, AP or Torpedo alpha WAY before those duration buffs would show any meaningful effect. That flooding duration was nerfed, also nerfed the value of that LM (if it ever had any). Rudder shift in exchange for Concealment? Then i could right away take the Steering gears mod. MB repair time :fish_palm:

- Minotaur

In line for my 2nd LM, which i, ofc, wont use either. I lose concealment, which is bad. Get a tiny dispersion debuff at shells coming my way which is nothing you can measure anyway. Can still get devstriked - then what? Changes to smoke screen is retarded at best. For playing Radar mino, this LM is utter crap.

- Wooster

Potentially my 3rd LM, and surprise, equally crap as the other 2! More duration for DefAA: I disable my AA after i killed CV planes, to get it on CD faster 20% more duration is biggest waste ever. 10% Radar duration, which doesnt help one bit, because radaring gets harder since im losing 10% concealment in return. Useless. +20% Hydro... maybe the most useful treat of the 3, but losing concealment for that ?!

- Z-52

Seems bad aswell. I dont think you can afford to lose any more concealment, and get a bit faster torpreload. They reload pretty fast anyway.

Maybe someone would like to add more (Shima / YY?)? Used this

as reference along with my own throughts.

Most others are straight up better, or provide a significant buff which warrents losing something in return (f.e. HIV id put into that category, as you lose concealment for faster reload)

You dont have any other way to buff your reload, except through modules (like HIV). But you can change the flooding/fire duration through modules, captain skills and Flags (like for Monty and Hindi).

• Cool 9

[-AP-]
Players
1,453 posts
3,604 battles

Yeah, i hope they rework the unused legendary modules at some point, that said, ive been lucky, as all my t10s gets good legendary modules.

I do hope that they add legendary modules to the ships that dont have them as well, i mean harugumo for starters has been out for a long time now, and should be stable enough to give an lm.

Also, can we please get the legendary module mission at least for the ships that currently dont have lm:s, because right now it feels like a bit of a "waste" playing them, when we will have to grind them a ton later anyways. Would be nice if we could start the missions now, and then get legendary mod when they come out.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,653 posts
16,142 battles

The different slots is obvious.. it depends on what the module douse

14 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Basicly title says it all

@MrConway @Crysantos

Any news? Maybe some news regarding LMs for ships that dont have any? Any plans to change some of them? Why are they in 5th or 6th slot anyway, wouldnt it be better, to have them all in the same slot for better balancing?

Its obvious. It depends on what the module douse.. 

look at Gearing. Module increases Stealth.. if it was in slot 5 you could then mount the LM and the concealment module in slot 6 giving you 25% lower concealment instead of 15%

Grozovoi LM reduces reload time on guns so replaces so is in same slot as main battery reload mod 3

shima torpedoes  ETC 

As for Modules for other ships.. Hell yes Hurogomo has been out a long time and daring needs one as well.

Conqueror Module is supposed to be great.. yes less stealthy but makes her turn like a CA...

[MIRAI]
Players
858 posts
5,941 battles

Yeah rework the useless ones and add new ones for the new T10 Ships would be a good idea the Stalin still lacks of a LM as well maybe something with reload and better dispersion? :Smile_coin:

But i think the LM should still not be overpowered just feature another playstyle of the ship itself.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,690 posts
19,724 battles

i wouldn't hold my breath, nor would expect em for premiums. last time they said something about, afaik, been along the line "walk along, nothing to see, they're all fine, new gonna come when they come"...

harugumo now already waits kinda quite some time?

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,534 posts
6,179 battles

Some of the LM are pretty good or atleast sidegrades, but yeah most of them are not worth the effort. Atleast the rewards per stage are nice enough.

• Cool 2

Players
1,818 posts
245 battles

Lm’s ahould either buff weak areas of the ship (some not all) or buff the strong areas of a ship (some not all), or add something new without massively detracting from what makes the ship great or even usuable. 

But they should small buffs not ones that increase stats by 2x.

[NWP]
Players
5,196 posts
6,651 battles
7 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

its obvious. It depends on what the module douse.. 

look at Gearing. Module increases Stealth.. if it was in slot 5 you could then mount the LM and the concealment module in slot 6 giving you 25% lower concealment instead of 15%

Ofc, agree with Gearing, but thats like 1 in 20? :Smile_smile:

They cant deny, that the 6th slot modules are generally better than the ones in 5th slot... Which ofc is totaly logic, because you lose concealment.

Grozovoi LM reduces reload time on guns so replaces so is in same slot as main battery reload mod 3

shima torpedoes  ETC 

Guess HIV is the only one, which puts 6th slot modules in 5th slot, while even getting worse concealment for more tradeoff.

As for Modules for other ships.. Hell yes Hurogomo has been out a long time and daring needs one as well.

Conqueror Module is supposed to be great.. yes less stealthy but makes her turn like a CA...

I think Salem needs one aswell.

Conqueror is prolly not one of the worst once, agreed. Maybe it fits the tradeoff well, having a different playstyle than using Concealment.

8 minutes ago, Elypse201 said:

But i think the LM should still not be overpowered just feature another playstyle of the ship itself.

Id say, a couple of LMs already fit that description :Smile_hiding: While others offer virtually nothing, only making the ship worse to play.

5 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

i wouldn't hold my breath, nor would expect em for premiums. last time they said something about, afaik, been along the line "walk along, nothing to see, they're all fine, new gonna come when they come"...

Can always be worth to bugger them in between, see whats going on. They probably have some excel table, which shows, that LMs are used equally across all ships... ignoring, that the average player doesnt understand if they are usefull or not :Smile_teethhappy: But it says "LEGENDARY" so must be gud.

• Cool 2

Players
97 posts
330 battles

I would like to see a rework of the LMs as well (plus, new ones for the ships that don't have them yet), especially for Shima - the current one is pretty worthless.

However, it would probably be sensible to wait until the CV rework is done and stabilised; the meta has been moving around so much recently that it's quite hard to see tweaks to LMs not becoming horribly out of date in fairly short order.

(One possible idea for Shima: give her the option of something like 'super-duper experimental AA cannons', to make her playable again against CVs?)

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
736 posts

For me it's simple. If I have to give up concealment, I won't Mount it.

And I'm not inclined to swap reload for range etc etc.

So I'm kinda meh to the Whole LM grind.

• Cool 1

[MIRAI]
Players
858 posts
5,941 battles

I don't use any of the LM except Moskvas. I just play my T10s and i'm ok with the rewards on the way to the Module.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,198 posts
10,726 battles

Still waiting for the Stalingrad LM that goes on the 6th slot and improves rate of fire and range by 16% plus improves turret traverse to match the Kreml's 30 seconds for 180°.

• Funny 3

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,409 posts
13,077 battles
32 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

But it says "LEGENDARY" so must be gud.

You mean in the same way like "super" container?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
76 posts

How much of this topic could be re-framed as "concealment module is just OP; there's no ship that doesn't want better concealment; and only some aircraft carriers want to give it up for more planes"?

Who'd be sad to see CM removed and the effect just rolled into each ship's base stats+CE skill?

[NWP]
Players
5,196 posts
6,651 battles
11 minutes ago, Ace42X said:

How much of this topic could be re-framed as "concealment module is just OP; there's no ship that doesn't want better concealment; and only some aircraft carriers want to give it up for more planes"?

Who'd be sad to see CM removed and the effect just rolled into each ship's base stats+CE skill?

Ofc Concealment is "OP". You could use the same arguement about CE as a captain skill. But in the end, we will just have less and less possible builds to choose from, which would be a bit boring aswell.

The problem is, that some ships dont need to give up their concealment module, and they have very strong LMs in the 6th slot as a bonus (Zao, Yamato, Moskva f.e.). Meanwhile, ships with LM in 5th slot get mostly screwed, because not only do they have to give up Concealment mod, but the LM itself is subpar at best.

If you remove concealment module alltogether, than the other ships will still have a very good LM in 6th slot, and everything which is not a BB could use steering gears mod. BBs would need to take TAM... which is like uber crap :cap_haloween:

Players
1,908 posts
12,106 battles
3 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Guess HIV is the only one, which puts 6th slot modules in 5th slot, while even getting worse concealment for more tradeoff.

Nah the concealment penalty is due to Henri IV running ruddershift mod  in slot 5, so it needs double concealment punishment to actually have concealment punished. WG logic :Smile_trollface:

Sign in to follow this