Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
WG_Lumberjack

0.8.4 - PTS - Bugs

27 comments in this topic

WG Staff
1,977 posts
3,475 battles

Captains,

To improve our ability to track and follow up on bug reports we have shifted bug reporting to our customer support ticketing system.

If you encounter any bug, please submit your bug report under the following link using the template below: https://eu.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/help/8544/8576/

Please check our current known issues to find out if your bug is already known.

1. Description

Clear and substantial description containing all necessary details.
Example: the cruiser Aoba: scout is inoperable.

2. Reproduction steps

A sequence of the player's actions which triggered the bug.
Example: 1. Select the cruiser Aoba 2. Enter the battle (Training or Random Battle). 3. Try to launch the scout.

3. Result

In-game experience resulting from the bug.
Example: When you press the scout activation button, you can hear the sound, but nothing actually happens. The aircraft stands still on the catapult.

4. Expected result

In-game experience which should have occurred if no bug is present.
Example: The scout has to be launched by the catapult.

5. Technical details

Example: Bug time: about 19:30 (UTC).Replay (attempt at 01:00), python.log, DxDiag.

Read full article HERE.

Please leave any general feedback about update 0.8.4 here. Should your feedback concern one of the following topics, please leave it in the respective thread:

Players
1,647 posts
12,141 battles

Demounted a camo to mount another, got no error messages but visually, the first one simply stayed on the ship (Donskoi).

When filtering for premium ships in port, for some reason, only the rental Conquerer is shown. It should either show all the rental ships for Ranked battles or none of them.

Also apparently you can use the rental Conq in Random battles which... is that intentional?

PTS01.jpg

Players
1,647 posts
12,141 battles

The "wipe" from the previous round of public tests is not completely "clean".

It says in the armory I can't buy Bert Dunkirk etc because I already have those unique commanders. I bought three of them in one of the earlier rounds. However, I don't actually seem to have them any more, they are neither on other ships nor in the reserve.

PTS_02.jpg

PTS_03.jpg

[SLAPP]
Players
15 posts
2,136 battles
10 hours ago, FixCVs_Nautical_Metaphor said:

Demounted a camo to mount another, got no error messages but visually, the first one simply stayed on the ship (Donskoi).

To add to this, it's only a bug in the Port. Even though it looks like the new camo is not applied it is fine in Battle. Had the same on a Midway.

[ST-EU]
Supertester
3,403 posts
19,094 battles

Is the undercarriage supposed to be down on any rocket carrying plane?

wheels.JPG.a7409c49f1956d2ceb5abff5804539b4.JPG

[GN0ME]
Players
8 posts
204 battles

My ship stats seem to be missing

image.png.62b476bca9032d164b0d34d4eecba50e.png

EDIT - This happened on a login, stopped happening on a battle and hasn't happened since.

[GN0ME]
Players
8 posts
204 battles

Dying seems to have stopped the music in my game

Steps to reproduce: Enter a game (I was a Richeliu) then die.

Result: The music stops.

Players
94 posts
6,783 battles

1. Description

Planes are taking extensive damage from AA, seemingly because some AA-flak is invisible.

2. Reproduction steps

1. Use Carrier planes.

2. Try to avoid AA-flak (the black "clouds").

3. Result

Planes take massive amounts of damage, resulting in unnecessary plane losses with no way for the player to avoid.

4. Expected result

All AA-flak-clouds should be visible.

5. Technical details

Bug time: Around 22:38 UTC. Bug happens around 2 minutes into the Replay.
Video of the bug:
https://streamable.com/i4mj8

20190513_002410_PJSA110-Hakuryu_28_naval_mission.wowsreplay

Players
90 posts
22,486 battles

1- Upon login, if the server does not respond, the game remains locked for a long, long time before you realize that the server is not available.
And during all this time there is no way to interrupt the procedure or to close the game (the "x" does not work).
Given all the problems of wargaming servers these days, this is not a rare context! :Smile_trollface:

2- Using the game's fullscreen mode (in directx11), in the event of a game crash / freeze, the game does not release screen control, so it cannot be closed. It does not allow you to bring any other window in the foreground ... even that (I suppose the "WargamingErrorMonitor.exe" box) asking you if you want to terminate the game, create a crash report, etc. :Smile_facepalm:
Moral of the story: so much trouble for the user and no report for wargaming, and you are forced to logoff (or reset) the operating system to regain complete control of your PC. :Smile_sceptic:

[DBOYZ]
Players
20 posts
3,558 battles

Planes are not visible on minimap. any kind of planes including spotter planes, fighters, etc.

As you see, Hakuryu Rocket planes are 1.8Km away from me but there are nothing in the minimap.

1021002697_Screenshot(1793).thumb.png.c153d69cdcaa7881d4efb78c22aad111.png2145253995_Screenshot(1794).thumb.png.f07cd560c20ab373210a5ef29486b84a.png

• Cool 2

[FL4-0]
Players
1,459 posts
59 minutes ago, AlexFari said:

Planes are not visible on minimap. any kind of planes including spotter planes, fighters, etc.

As you see, Hakuryu Rocket planes are 1.8Km away from me but there are nothing in the minimap.

1021002697_Screenshot(1793).thumb.png.c153d69cdcaa7881d4efb78c22aad111.png2145253995_Screenshot(1794).thumb.png.f07cd560c20ab373210a5ef29486b84a.png

same problem

Players
90 posts
22,486 battles
4 hours ago, AlexFari said:

As you see, Hakuryu Rocket planes are 1.8Km away from me but there are nothing in the minimap.1021002697_Screenshot(1793).thumb.png.c153d69cdcaa7881d4efb78c22aad111.png2145253995_Screenshot(1794).thumb.png.f07cd560c20ab373210a5ef29486b84a.png

I confirm. In part 2 of the PT, the planes on the minimap are not visible.:cap_look:

Players
90 posts
22,486 battles

bug 1

Every time I come out of a battle, the Wargaming symbol (the one that indicates the news) comes out on the appearance button.
I control, but there are no news in the camouflage, and in any case the symbol disappears. But as soon as I return from another battle, the symbol reappears.

I did some tests, and the symbol seems to reappear after a few minutes I am in the port even without going into battle.

bug 2

If I get the alternative colors of camouflage (through the collection), they are not activated immediately on the account.
I am forced to logoff from the server and then to reconnect, to make both the icon and the "options" appear to change the colors of the camouflage.

[IMDE]
Players
1 post
1,185 battles

No planes on minimap too. No marks in water, only tracers to see...

Players
281 posts
13,944 battles

Also not getting planes on the mini map and some times not seeing planes on the screen either, just suddenly my AA goes off and I get plane kills and magic torps appear in the water beside me 

Players
90 posts
22,486 battles
9 hours ago, Silver_Leviathan said:

Every time I come out of a battle, the Wargaming symbol (the one that indicates the news) comes out on the appearance button.
I control, but there are no news in the camouflage, and in any case the symbol disappears. But as soon as I return from another battle, the symbol reappears.

After obtaining the "second flag" through the collection, the novelty marker continuously reappears also in the flags section (in addition to those of the camouflage).  :Smile_sceptic:

It appears on all ships, not just Soviet ones.

[DBOYZ]
Players
20 posts
3,558 battles

1. Select any ship

2. Mount a camouflage on that ship

3. Try to demount that camouflage or select another camouflage. second camouflage should replace the first one but it doesn't replace in port. Only if you enter battle, new camouflage will be shown on your ship.

1258455843_Screenshot(1813).thumb.png.defeeaeb814fce709dbee79db1dde430.png

[TOWAR]
[TOWAR]
Players
5 posts
5,794 battles

Description:

Lag Spike and inability to properly control/aim with planes

Reproduction steps:

1. Played with Midway in Co-Op and Ranked

2. Randomly occurred after 2 or 3 min into the game

Result:

Planes are stuttering(freeing for a brief second and then jumping to the next section)

While aiming with the planes the reticle jumped in size.

When trying to aim and change the heading planes freeze and jump the next position

Expected result

Changing the heading should have been smooth and the planes should have moved over the map normally(with an constant movement speed)

Technical details

Experience 17.05.2019 around 17:00, no problems with my connection while playing and PC did not run into problems either.

Players
35 posts
3,653 battles

I don't know if this is new, but I haven't noticed it before, the Grozovoi has ugly antialiasing artifacts and it bugs me to no end.

grozovoiAA.png

[SLED]
Players
1 post
556 battles

Well I can be very short on this. I can't log in on the PT server anymore since the day before yesterday. Tried changing password and all, but keeps giving me "error connecting to server" (but in Dutch, I live in the EU, The Netherlands)

I also get sent to the russian site every time... No VPN.

image.thumb.png.32a9d559ba6cdf92c5577ade4401fdac.png

Players
1,413 posts
4,330 battles
On 5/21/2019 at 6:05 PM, Ries_O said:

Well I can be very short on this. I can't log in on the PT server anymore since the day before yesterday. Tried changing password and all, but keeps giving me "error connecting to server" (but in Dutch, I live in the EU, The Netherlands)

I also get sent to the russian site every time... No VPN.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/public-test/public-test-084/

Round 2 Schedule

Start: your local time: Thu. 16 May 18:30
End:  your local time: Mon. 20 May 17:30