WG_Lumberjack

0.8.4 - PTS - General feedback

47 comments in this topic

WG Staff
2,000 posts
3,523 battles

Captains!

Update 0.8.4 is the next instalment of the cycle dedicated to Soviet battleships. It brings the second stage of the "Victory" competition, a new season of Ranked Battles, new changes to aircraft carriers, and dynamically changing weather in your Ports!

Read full article HERE.

Please leave any general feedback about update 0.8.4 here. Should your feedback concern one of the following topics, please leave it in the respective thread:

[ITR]
Beta Tester
19 posts
16,172 battles

1. something is wrong or i´m extremly lucky:

I detonated 3 ships (2dds + 1ca) in 13 games .... 1dd +1ca with Haku Rokets + 1dd with Midway DBs

2. the delay might be a good Idea ... i rly thought it is ... but it turns out, the dds r just more isolated and unable to turn off aa, so its even easyer to snack them

can u turn off aa just by dds by default? (cause a large part of the playerbase is to dumb to do it or to use a def smoke and rages about cvs after getting deleted)

and ideas for the future:

- Skillgap: Pls give CVs a +1-1 mm. +2 is no fun for the cv and -2 is no fun for the enemy fleet (it would make it also easyer to learn wich target they can pen with AP Bombs and wich not) what should close the skillgap a bit.

- Queue: I´m fine to wait 2 min in the queue to have balanced teams in terms of skill (i would like it much more than have to fight 10-15min with total idiots with 5-20k average dmg in T10 ships)

And instead of showing us the timer ticking, play instruktion videos of 1-2 min to teach the players, that are not watching Videos on other portals how to reakt in certain situations.

(something like: when to cap cause cv is busy on the other side / when not to go into cap cause a Radar cruiser sitts next to it / when to shot AP or HE in each ship against each ship it can face ..... there are hundrets of special situations u can make a short explanation clip of .... just take a replay clip and make a written comment with explanation what happens and why)

- Reports: Pls cut the ability to report an enemy (except wrong behavior in chat) .... im rly pissed to get reported from nearly every enemy i fokus in a cv or oneshot in a BB

• Cool 1

[TRRC]
Players
566 posts

Guys, you should fix the ramming mechanics: it's not possible that a CA with 7k hp can sink a conqueror with 65k just ramming... it's ridiculous! it shouldn't work like this and it couldn't do this even with the ramming signal mounted.

2019-05-09_17h49_30.thumb.jpg.c75dda3b1fec0d4827e08f59cf686c60.jpg

• Cool 1

[SR-CS]
Players
3 posts
1,958 battles
On 5/7/2019 at 3:50 PM, WG_Lumberjack said:

Captains!

Update 0.8.4 is the next instalment of the cycle dedicated to Soviet battleships. It brings the second stage of the "Victory" competition, a new season of Ranked Battles, new changes to aircraft carriers, and dynamically changing weather in your Ports!

Read full article HERE.

Please leave any general feedback about update 0.8.4 here. Should your feedback concern one of the following topics, please leave it in the respective thread:

Hey. I found a Bug. I cant see any bombs on planes :)

image.thumb.png.07d6eacea93e322c19559434d77ec262.png

[PEC]
Players
346 posts
1,808 battles

Ships with 5010 HP really should not survive a torpedo hit to the stern and be charging off at 35 knots, but on a more specific note:

There's no Camo tab for the gearing? Offers me flags, but no camo choices.

Also, there appear to be two sets of props on the Audacious rocket planes, one set turning another set not, for the most part it just looks like your engine has stopped and you're gliding.

In ranked, the enemy team had four battleships, they blobbed for the entire game, we won but you can't get planes near them, I was parked 4km away behind an island sending wave after wave, but the overlapping AA just melts your squadrons as soon as you enter the combined aura. Overlapping works perhaps, but blobbing is going to make ranked a joke.

[PUPSI]
Players
102 posts
5,473 battles

You are talking about [Gearing] with name in brackets?

If so, this is kinda premium ship with 19pts captain and best way to use is to frexp normal Gearing (with access to camo) and use captain from premium one.

Is that a bug or "as intended", have no idea.

• Cool 1

Players
1,666 posts
12,308 battles

Seeing as I actually have Greek relatives in Greece, I am one of the few people who actually realize there are indeed other seasons than the middle of summer and that it sometimes rains and even snows even in the Med.

But still. It is a bit hard to understand why you would go with these depressing clouds and grey, gloomy weather for the new Greece map when the country is well known for completely clear, postcard-blue skies, hot summer days, and bright sunshine more than half of the year.

• Cool 2

[PEC]
Players
346 posts
1,808 battles
1 hour ago, biker_618 said:

You are talking about [Gearing] with name in brackets?

If so, this is kinda premium ship with 19pts captain and best way to use is to frexp normal Gearing (with access to camo) and use captain from premium one.

Is that a bug or "as intended", have no idea.

I see. Thank you for the help. Appreciated.

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,542 posts
12,135 battles
21 hours ago, RedAnark said:

Guys, you should fix the ramming mechanics: it's not possible that a CA with 7k hp can sink a conqueror with 65k just ramming... it's ridiculous! it shouldn't work like this and it couldn't do this even with the ramming signal mounted.

2019-05-09_17h49_30.thumb.jpg.c75dda3b1fec0d4827e08f59cf686c60.jpg

What ship were you in? Ramming works in a way that your full HP pool (even if mostly depleted) is used as baseline - see the wiki article: Link

@biker_618 thanks for answering the Gearing question already :Smile_honoring:

Greetings, Crysantos

[PEC]
Players
346 posts
1,808 battles

Completing PTS Ranked per expectations with nigh on 2 min wait times is going to dissuade the few that are in here.

[SCNG]
Weekend Tester
322 posts
2,031 battles

Dont even neet to Play it.

Unless they change the CV System anything else doesnt matter anyways because CVs Ruin the Game no matter what else Changes.

[PORT]
Modder
1,640 posts
11,876 battles

New map Greece looks nice, i like the lights. :Smile_honoring:

[ITR]
Beta Tester
19 posts
16,172 battles

I realy wonder how u want to balance cvs or collect proper data when u dont tell / teach people how to react on the changes.

I mean: At life Server are still about 25-30% ( PTS about 50%) of the dds pushing into a cap or sailing around with activ AA, get spoted, get panicked and forget they have smoke ... so they get droped to death.

Rly thats no balance problem, thats a most player are to lazy to read patchnotes, or watch videos of how to do it, and are not able to learn it alone / make slight adjustment to playstyle.

In my last 20-25 DD games with cv i got droped maybe in 5 games, got killed maybe 2 times by a cv or his perma spotting and just 1 time it was an unlucky 1 squad death .... and im not playing them extremly defensiv near my main fleet (were im spoted becaus cv wants to drop them) ... in most games i wasnt even spoted from cv, but i caped and did the same dmg as pre rework..... Im totaly fine with this. (glad u removed the RPF from planes. Hope u fired the guy with this idea)

But i see a problem with the cv delay. Normaly i stay a bit closer to my fleet in the first <1 min / until planes r spoted, unless i start on a flank, and as soon as i know were the planes r i can play my game and mostly avoid them (maybe reduce the air spoting range of some dds should be totaly enough in my opinion). But now i have to wait the delay time in addition, what makes my life more risky or slows the game even more down at the beginning.

But on the other hand for some cruiser its nice to have the delay to have a chance to get behind islands / into tactical positions without getting plane spoted and shot by BBs.

(Sadly most of the players will not be able to learn relatilvy fast from which starting position they can reach a propper cover. So the delay will just isolate the cruiser that is willing to take a tactical important and supporting postion)

BBs are complaining / raging about how annoying it is to get fokused by a cv, but sailing in straight line while beeing droped, not switching AA fokus (maybe they forgot or never know how) or starting their own figther (how many yamas with spoting plane we still have is insane)

Btw. WG pls do a Video how fast a BB died against a skilled cv player in the old system and how long it takes now ... (AND force every weekend player to watch it once)

What most people seemingly forgot is how many devastating strikes good CVs had against lower tier BBs and how many bleeding (fire / flooding) dmg they had against higher BBs. Yes its a bit more annoying now but it was as same as or even more deadly pre rework. (as far as i feel it) Same can be done with spoting dmg.

... maybe Fara or Fem will help u ;)

Plane droped Fighter: It takes way too long to agro them. They should immediately go into hunting modus as soon as something enters the circle and they r activ.

They shouldnt do another full circle on the pattern.

But they also shouldnt follow over the hole map, i want to have atleast a chance to outboost them with a full boost.

PS:

Didnt u say at the beginning (Beta) u want to make an ESL game?

Didnt u say u want to improve teamplay?

At the moment (since a while) u are doing everything to scare of the good players and breed braindeads even in Tier 10. (lemmingtrains, map ignorance, gobble together as fast as possible /in stupid positions, fast leveling for new player and many more .... and im not even talking about your newest [edited] idea the Pobeda)

Oh i forgot: Pls solve the 0 dmg pen problem its so frustrating. Today i had a game in a Yama with 8 Pens for 0 dmg in one single game ... rly like wtf

• Cool 1

[PEC]
Players
346 posts
1,808 battles

Completing Ranked per the tasks isn't going to happen is it? Been like this since last night.

Annotation 2019-05-13 122049.png

Annotation 2019-05-13 122712.png

• Cool 1

[-NBS-]
[-NBS-]
Players
89 posts
13,524 battles

I am against free T10 ships to everyone for ranked.

And if you want, realy want to do this, then allow free Tier 10 CVs to new players with a 19skill points captain.

I ve thought that the meaning of being Tier 10 after all the struggle with RNG ,0 damage pens and whatever randoms etc, was the motivation to be Tier 10, so to play with the ''elite?''

Or the high rank people? Or whatever. Tier 10 is reaching the top. This is how I see it.

And reaching the top in ranked battles is also a great achievement. So why suddenly we give everything for free.

It is so unfair for all of us that were trying a year or more to go to T10 with a full skill captain.

And it doesn't matter that I am a potato, I just have the common sense.

Also plz fix the 0 damage pens, I have posted this a year and a half ago and then quited the game for a year.

I am difficult to diggest sci-fi physics.

Weather in port? Yes why not.

New maps? We love it.

What about matchmaking ranked with ''ammount of battles played'' criteria? Example all team members should have 10K battles or more, or 5K battles or 2,5 K etc.

Resourses: If there are temporarily (like april's fool day) why anyone bother to collect just to look at them? Examplke the 555 Ironium that I have

and can't do anything with them, just wait for the expiration.

''the only time you have more fuel that you need is when your jet is on fire''

[PEC]
Players
346 posts
1,808 battles

People aren't going to enjoy not being able to achieve the rewards in round one, which is going to undermine their desire to bother with the rest of the summer season...

Annotation 2019-05-13 124455.png

[SCNG]
Weekend Tester
322 posts
2,031 battles
On 5/12/2019 at 4:44 AM, wurli said:

I realy wonder how u want to balance cvs or collect proper data when u dont tell / teach people how to react on the changes.

I mean: At life Server are still about 25-30% ( PTS about 50%) of the dds pushing into a cap or sailing around with activ AA, get spoted, get panicked and forget they have smoke ... so they get droped to death.

Rly thats no balance problem, thats a most player are to lazy to read patchnotes, or watch videos of how to do it, and are not able to learn it alone / make slight adjustment to playstyle.

In my last 20-25 DD games with cv i got droped maybe in 5 games, got killed maybe 2 times by a cv or his perma spotting and just 1 time it was an unlucky 1 squad death .... and im not playing them extremly defensiv near my main fleet (were im spoted becaus cv wants to drop them) ... in most games i wasnt even spoted from cv, but i caped and did the same dmg as pre rework..... Im totaly fine with this. (glad u removed the RPF from planes. Hope u fired the guy with this idea)

But i see a problem with the cv delay. Normaly i stay a bit closer to my fleet in the first <1 min / until planes r spoted, unless i start on a flank, and as soon as i know were the planes r i can play my game and mostly avoid them (maybe reduce the air spoting range of some dds should be totaly enough in my opinion). But now i have to wait the delay time in addition, what makes my life more risky or slows the game even more down at the beginning.

But on the other hand for some cruiser its nice to have the delay to have a chance to get behind islands / into tactical positions without getting plane spoted and shot by BBs.

(Sadly most of the players will not be able to learn relatilvy fast from which starting position they can reach a propper cover. So the delay will just isolate the cruiser that is willing to take a tactical important and supporting postion)

BBs are complaining / raging about how annoying it is to get fokused by a cv, but sailing in straight line while beeing droped, not switching AA fokus (maybe they forgot or never know how) or starting their own figther (how many yamas with spoting plane we still have is insane)

Btw. WG pls do a Video how fast a BB died against a skilled cv player in the old system and how long it takes now ... (AND force every weekend player to watch it once)

What most people seemingly forgot is how many devastating strikes good CVs had against lower tier BBs and how many bleeding (fire / flooding) dmg they had against higher BBs. Yes its a bit more annoying now but it was as same as or even more deadly pre rework. (as far as i feel it) Same can be done with spoting dmg.

... maybe Fara or Fem will help u ;)

Plane droped Fighter: It takes way too long to agro them. They should immediately go into hunting modus as soon as something enters the circle and they r activ.

They shouldnt do another full circle on the pattern.

But they also shouldnt follow over the hole map, i want to have atleast a chance to outboost them with a full boost.

PS:

Didnt u say at the beginning (Beta) u want to make an ESL game?

Didnt u say u want to improve teamplay?

At the moment (since a while) u are doing everything to scare of the good players and breed braindeads even in Tier 10. (lemmingtrains, map ignorance, gobble together as fast as possible /in stupid positions, fast leveling for new player and many more .... and im not even talking about your newest [edited] idea the Pobeda)

Oh i forgot: Pls solve the 0 dmg pen problem its so frustrating. Today i had a game in a Yama with 8 Pens for 0 dmg in one single game ... rly like wtf

Actually it isnt.

I play both CV and other Ships.

And I can tell you that what you say is entirely irrelevant.

Active AA has become irrelevant after rework.

Before the Rework.

AA could give away your position.

But after Rework with CV Player being in the Aircraft. You can have AA off and I will still know when your close. Because i get the *spotted* indicator for my Aircraft and thus know your in my range.

Sailing for Caps and being out front us what a DD is meant to do.

Sure you can stay in the fleet or behind and will then not be bombed.

But you dont have the Range or Firepower to actually do anything there.

So doing that is just hoping the fight will at one point be close enough for you to do something and otherwise be bored.

Same for Cruisers.

As a BB it does not matter at all if you Sail straight.

Because as a CV no matter what you do.

I can hit you regardless.

You are just too slow to really do anything about it.

Fun Fact for you.

As Meta says to turn into Torpedoes and many CV by now drop to maximize damage when you turn into them.

I by now often sail straight and thus get hit less as some torps will pass behind me.

Not that it matters cause at the speed at which I can send new Bombs and Torps it doesnt matter if half miss.

Your only chance to escape me is to flee into the rear and hope I dont want to bother with the long way.

AA Focus is useless.

I always AA Focus. But truth is.

If the CV is above or on Equal Tier. He will just ignore it.

He drops the first Bombs and then is in my weaker AA thus getting an easy second drop.

If he is below me in Tier. He will even with my standard AA be Pummeled without really reaching me.

The Focus of the AA is a feature that will make a difference in like 1 out of 50 cases where your AA was just a few points short and is nudged over those.

And I know that from other side as well.

Because I as CV dont even see If I am on focused side or not until I am through on other side.

As T8 CV I am not bombing Montana because regardless of what side I go.

My Planes are dead.

But a Conqueror ?

Lol there can be 2 of em together and I will still bomb them flat.

Cause even with 200% they dont have the AA to stop me.

125% is not even worth looking at.....

If being on Focused side would actually change something.

Like reducing your Accuracy or so.

That would be a different story.

Or if CVs had limited Aircraft and thus care for the extra losses and be deterred.

This might also be different.

But otherwise its just irrelevant.

Because best case the extra 25% mean that out of my 12 Aircraft I lose 1 more on one side and 1 less on the other side compared to not having the focus.

And as a CV I simply dont give a crab about this.

CVs are Broken.

And this cannot be Balanced.

Because there is Gameplay here.

No Ship will ever be able to Outmaneuver an Aircraft unless the CV Player is a complete noob.

Because Aircraft are simple 10 times faster.

So all you got is passive AA and staying in Fleet.

Both of which destroys Gameplay because there is no longer any decision making or action question to the Player.

With this rework.

CV are either OP or useless.

Because either they can fly through the AA or they cant.

If they can they will bomb you relentlessly.

If they cant they will not be able to Bomb.

Thats all there is to it.

[ITR]
Beta Tester
19 posts
16,172 battles

Well sunleader u obviously made ur decision. And i could say a lot to what u have written cause u r wrong in so many points and missunderstood me in some points.

But its usless to start an argument with someone with hidden stats. I did it a few times in the past and its just wasted time from my experience. Mostly because i dont even know were to start and not be able to assess were ur problems begin. I can just guess u dont have the experience to handle situations like the good players do.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[PEC]
Players
346 posts
1,808 battles
8 hours ago, Sunleader said:

Active AA has become irrelevant after rework.

The mistake people are making is assuming that nothing should get through their AA at all. This is folly. You can't have an immunity to CV button.

Players
816 posts
On 5/9/2019 at 8:18 PM, The_Useless_P said:

Hey. I found a Bug. I cant see any bombs on planes :)

image.thumb.png.07d6eacea93e322c19559434d77ec262.png

Not a bug, some CV have planes that don't show either bombs or torps, or even don't show both on some CVs planes (like with Implacable CV). They are dropped from bomb bay doors, although when you look underneath the planes you can't really see anything that resembles bay doors dropped from. So yeah, it kinda looks like they forgot the add torps or bombs on some planes.

I can see the picture you posted is the Implacable planes, it only shows rockets carried on it's planes. I play the Aud after it at T10 and that does show all 3 (missiles, torps and bombs being carried below the planes). I know some of the American and Jap CVs don't show either bombs or torps also.

[SCNG]
Weekend Tester
322 posts
2,031 battles
3 hours ago, WynnZeroOne said:

The mistake people are making is assuming that nothing should get through their AA at all. This is folly. You can't have an immunity to CV button.

Which is exactly the Problem.

When despite doing all the right things. The CV can Still Bomb you. Then the whole thing becomes IRRELEVANT.

Which is what I just Explained.

This is why the current System will NEVER WORK.

You only have 2 Options.

You get the "Immune to CV" Button as you Describe it. Because if you have your AA Facing the Right way the CVs Aircraft are Massacred.

Which of course means that CVs become useless. Because as long as the other guy is not a Total Noob he will easily kill your Planes.

OR.

You dont get the "immune to CV" Button which you talk about. Then CVs are Overpowered as **** because YOU CANNOT DO ANYTHING ABOUT THEM. And they can just Bomb you regardless of what you do.

Which is the current Situation.

Both Scenarios are complete Horse**** for a Game.

Thats why this System is ************************** and should be rolled back.

• Cool 1

[RETKU]
Players
1 post
3,756 battles

Old carriers were WAY better, this new stuff is just overall "stupid".

[SCNG]
Weekend Tester
322 posts
2,031 battles
6 hours ago, oraste said:

Old carriers were WAY better, this new stuff is just overall "stupid".

Difference is.

In old System it actually required skill to Play a CV.

You had to constantly jump around and pay attention.

And the CV could actually properly counteract the enemy CV.

If the Enemy CV noticed you trying to bring a big drop in.

He could intercept it.

Most of all.

If you forced an Attack on a Ship that was prepared for you.

You would maybe cause damage.

But you would also lose alot of Aircraft.

And as Aircraft were limited. This meant you could really be taken out of action this way.

Now?

I can drop Foghters which last 1 Minute and which most of the time dont even aggro the Enemy Bombers even if these Bombers cross right through them several times.....

And I can fly right into enemy fleet and bomb there no matter how well prepared someone is.

Cause I got unlimited Aircraft.

I dont care if all of em die as long as they dropped first.

The old System was not perfect.

But it could have been fixed.

In the current system I simply see no way to ever make it work.

[PEC]
Players
346 posts
1,808 battles
11 hours ago, Sunleader said:

Thats why this System is ************************** and should be rolled back.

Well, it won't get rolled back, but the following needs to be accepted, addressed and rationalised rather than dramatised and raged against. For clarity, I'm not targeting that at you.

1. Every ship has an AA capability some better than others and your AA capability dictates your movements and support requirements as it should

2. No ship should have the ability to simply be immune from aircraft, that's naive, ridiculous, unrealistic and frankly deluded.

3. Every CV has an attack capability, some weapons better than others, and your strengths should dictate your attack options accordingly.

4. No CV should have the ability to simply be immune from AA, that's also naive, ridiculous, unrealistic and frankly deluded.

5. CV's are going to lose planes where the AA from a ship or group of ships prevents a safe attack. Crying that you lost your squadron whilst attacking a cruiser that's well equipped is seen to often.

6. Ships are going to take hits from aircraft where they are isolated or the CV is able to land a drop at great cost to it's squadron. Lashing out every time you get killed by a CV or even hit by one isn't something WG can't see straight through.

7. There's a real polarisation at present where certain CV commanders expect to attack with impunity and not lose planes whilst not respecting the scenario or picking the target. There's also an equally hysterical and deluded group of Non-CV commanders who feel that AA should give them impunity from any attack whatsoever. Neither group is right, both groups are presenting a heavily biased interpretation of events and/or the scenario.

8. The narrative being driven that CV play is dumbed down is as bad as the ongoing narrative that DD's, RN BB's, or CA/CL using HE at all are somehow less skilled. Waiting for RNG to give you a Citadel in a BB in a poxy computer game is touted as the pinnacle of skill it seems, but it's a game for 90% of the community and as such is not the backbone of our self esteem and our Warships Today rating is not the measure of our manhood.

9. For as long as I've played, even on NA in beta there's been a largely BB driven snobbery towards anything that can kill them as if Yamato and Musashi's real life demise doesn't highlight that BB's are situational at best and the obvious targets of torpedo's be they surface or air borne. BB's are popular because the average male player in particular associates size and power with likelihood of victory. You'd think after withdrawals from Vietnam, Mogadishu, Afghanistan and Iraq by so-called Superpower-led coalitions that such delusion would be tempered, but hey, gaming versus reality. IJN DD's are no longer relevant, cruisers dare not show themselves in the open and BB's in general adopt a sniping stance whilst yelling that noone else is pushing forward and spotti..... dying for them. CV's eliminate those camping snipers by exposing them from both a spotting perspective and, more importantly, a tactical failings perspective since a lone BB is a tactical and strategic no brainer. This  was the SAME in RTS, except that CV could one-shot you rather than lose planes circling you.

10. Any removal of CV's would be akin to removing Assault Rifles from Call of Duty, or removing X-Wings from Battlefront, or removing Legionaries from Rome Total War. We're going to have to accept that the capital ship of most WWII fleets, the admirals platform, the strike force of the navy from the early 40's onward is part of naval gameplay and not going anywhere.

11. People really, really,  actually, genuinely can still play in DD's. I do, I've had to adapt, play clever, improve my tactical awareness. If there's a mode without CV's, I don't think I could dumb myself down enough at this point to play in remedial mode.

12. If an RTS version came back, the mechanics would stay the same, people must surely realise this. Nothing will change except the view from which you attack ships, so why not just provide a top-down view. IT's not as if WG is going to take us back to 5 sqdns permaspotting the life out of every cap.

Rational observations, nothing more.