Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Milan_G_

which PREMIUM ships is worth that money (resource)?

85 comments in this topic

[O-S-W]
Players
451 posts
13,328 battles

irian - brutal & unvisible torps

indianapolis - citadel breaker for all cruisers

pe friedrich - beauty ship :DD and... cruiser killer

kutuzov - rate of fire fire

le terrible - that speeed

tirpitz?? 

stalingrad - we all know why

exeter - citadel all cruisers, alone gets not

kaga? so many aircrafts

• Boring 1

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,171 posts

Nelson: 3D printer with 9 16" lolpen guns in front, that burns everything it can't pen.

• Cool 3

[FJAKA]
Players
1,836 posts
336 battles
1 minute ago, Milan_G_ said:

tirpitz?? 

kaga? so many aircrafts

uffff

i just do not agree with you, only stalingrad is strong ship.

for me strongest premiums are (ones that just rolfstomps on their tier9:

Stalingrad

Bourgone

Flint

Black

Belfast

[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
119 posts
10,525 battles

I have 109 premium/reward-ships in port and there's not a single one that I can say: "You must buy this one!" about. It's all up to playstyle and what you like.

I have opinions about all of them and gladly give advice but only you know what's best for you.

• Cool 6

[FJAKA]
Players
1,836 posts
336 battles
9 minutes ago, Milan_G_ said:

say briiefly why. thx)

Irian = kutuzov withour smoke = devastating stike

Indianapolis is Ok but nothig special

PE fredrich with low caliber strugle against other BBs...it is not bad, it is "balanced"

Kutuzov - stronk but not OP

La teriblle - very interesting after buffs...buut still in CV meta dd withour AAA and smoke....very high skill requirement

Tirpitz = got powercreeped

Stalin= laser AP shels with 50 mm armor

Bourgone= Alsace prenerfed + booster

Black= dd smoke + radar

Flint = Atlanta with smoke

Belfast= RN Cl with HE+radar+smoke+hydro = almost I WIN button

• Cool 1

Players
2,050 posts
7,259 battles

To out-right buy:

1) GC is IMHO the Best premium BB you can buy pound for pound.  Solid tier 5 ship that doesn't put you in the deep end (tier 5) and helps you find your way for wanna-be BB players. Fun to play too.

The rest go from being extremely strong (Balacnegrad, Belfast and flint) to crap (Le Terrible) and complete dependant on play-style. 

If someone said "red, i really really wanna buy a ship in this game regardless if i should, what shall i buy"?  Apart from saying get to grips with silver ships first and start from the bottom, i would always point them in the direction of the CG and Sharn.  Cant go wrong with Tier 5 and 7.  Both solid that can do everything to a good standard. 

Tier 7 is the highest I would tell someone to go with little experience.  But some people cant be told and wanna try higher tiers straight-the-way. :Smile_veryhappy:

Most ships give people bad habits but the CG and Sharn IMHO doesn't. They don't rely on gimmicks, just solid stats. 

• Cool 1

[CZWSM]
[CZWSM]
Players
313 posts
14,805 battles

It is so dependent from playstyle and preferred class, that simple answer doesn't exist. Sims and Kidd are strong in this CV meta, Cossack and Haida are great ships, but their AA is weak... 

• Cool 1

[MIRAI]
Players
858 posts
5,885 battles

An OP Prem ?

Big E (Enterprise)

Compared to other T8 like Kaga, GZ , Saipan she has so many planes that won't get shot down so easily and the spawn rate is insanly fast, also her Rockets and AP Bombs are BaLaNcEd

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,591 posts
8,102 battles
57 minutes ago, Milan_G_ said:

tirpitz?? 

kaga? so many aircrafts

Why isn't Scharnhorst on that list even though you listed the other german BBs?

I think it depends on the player that buys them.

In my opinion for every class the best premium for you money is.

Scharnhorst

Perth

Harekaze

Big E? (don't play CV that much)

Everyone of those provides a unique gameexperience, is versatile and overall fun to play. That is how Premiums should be imo.

There are definatly better options in the shop/arsenal right now than Le Terrible though but whatever floats your boat.

• Cool 2

[WWGU]
Players
468 posts
8,216 battles

For me, I'd say the Haida. Without a doubt worth it.

Great DD Hunter, great stealth, reasonable (for a DD) AA (sorry to disagree with @Max_Kammerer on this)even in the current meta.

But not an easy ship to learn and you don't have lots of torpedos to fall back on.

This is so personal though. What works for one might be a disaster for the next person.

• Cool 2

[HAMAR]
Players
127 posts

T8. Massachusetts (Fun ship and good credit maker, strong AA)
T7. Scharnhorst ( Great Ship at T7 Probably the number one to get)

T8. Tirpitz (Torps but lacking AA. Goes well with tech tree BB German captain)

T6. T-61
T8. Prinz Eugen - (Heal good AA )

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Beta Tester
1,379 posts
7,982 battles

I got 3 I would buy and recommend to everyone and that's

enterprise because lol rockets, epic bombers and the best damn torps at tier 8 getting 10 to 12k per triple torp hit

musashi because yamato guns at tier 9 lol penning everything in the game and making crazy credits at same time

last but not least the Belfast and that's because HE on a smoking british cruiser lol what where wg thinking doing that then adding ifhe

now all these ships are very nice to have but only enterprise is available as other 2 where removed from all sales and I can see why when they perform like they do

[PN]
Players
590 posts
4,223 battles

My two cents

If I was to be limited to 4 ships in my port the following are the ones. And I would have tons of fun playing the game.

1. T5 Kamikaze. If I did not have it I d do anything to get it. An amazing stealthy destroyer. The epitomy of stealth torping. 

2. T5 Giulio Cesare. A no gimmick battleship with very good guns and survivability. 

3. T7 Schrnhorst. A no gimmick battleship and a very good brawler. Fast and with good reload. You get all your moneys worth.

4. T7 Belfast. All the gimmicks in the world under one roof, oops on one hull. 

If it was 5 ships only I would add the Silver T9 Fletcher.

Please take in consideration however, as many forumites already mentioned, that personal playstyle is a major influence. So, what might be perfect for me is rubbish for others.

Regards

Saltface

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
1,624 posts
4,747 battles

Atlanta is very fun to play :)

Players
97 posts
254 battles

The not-wildly-helpful answer is: whatever you enjoy enough to play frequently over a long period of time, and are good enough in that it has (at least) no negative impact on your personal economy.

Other plus points include being useful for Ops (ideally, plural), and/or competitive modes; it's also nice if you have a good captain to use in it as well.

Some (not discontinued) suggestions, in no particular order:

• T-61
  • Shinyhorse
  • Sims
  • Kidd
  • Z-39

Beta Tester
297 posts
13,685 battles
3 hours ago, veslingr said:

uffff

i just do not agree with you, only stalingrad is strong ship.

for me strongest premiums are (ones that just rolfstomps on their tier9:

Stalingrad

Bourgone

Flint

Black

Belfast

u dont have any of these ships and ur impressive battle count doesn't suggest that u even met them in battle ...

Players
3,468 posts
8,149 battles

In my opinion, the ships that I find are totally worth their resource are:

Scharnhorst (in Narai it totally owns and is just such a blast to yolo with! :cap_viking:) Available for cold hard cash

Alaska (perhaps my most favorite tier 9 ship atm and available for FXP) Available for FXP

Jean bart (Just a great ship and fun to play) Available for coal

Stalingrad (no contest, even though some owners claim otherwise in a similar fashion to how original GZ owners claimed GZ was weak so WG would overbuff it) Available for steel

Other premium ships that I all play myself and find useful include:

Duke of York which is actually useful in both randoms and narai, though I think Scharnhorst is ever slightly better in her role

Cossack which I basically spam in coop these days

Musashi which I basically spam in coop these days

Missouri which I spam in coop these days

Black which I usually confine to coop, though I think Fletcher may even be more useful when in CV games

Atlanta as she is available for tier 7 ops, though of limited use there. And for missions that include doing lots of main gun hits

Perhaps Mutsu as she is tier 6 and thus available to use in tier 6 ops

• Cool 1

Players
3,468 posts
8,149 battles
9 minutes ago, hellhound666 said:

u dont have any of these ships and ur impressive battle count doesn't suggest that u even met them in battle ...

Actually, some of these ships aren't even tier 9 like he mentioned :Smile-_tongue:

[IBULL]
Beta Tester
234 posts
12,629 battles

buy the Albany, unique

[MIRAI]
Players
858 posts
5,885 battles

I only have a few prem. in my port that's because i never have problems with money, but which ones i can recommend are

The T7 Polish DD the Blyska, it's a mixed DD with great firepower and fast reloading torpedos she costs around 17$ i guess ?
The HSF Harekaze a T8 IJN Destroyer with Kagero Torps, but you can choose your hull which one fits better for your gameplay (Aki Turrets, the normal IJN ones or the USN) she costs around 44$ i guess ?
The T8 german battleship Tirpitz because of "DOITSU NO KAGAKU WA SEKAI ICHI" and yeah she traits simply the Hydro for the Torpedos and is a great brawler i think she is at 50$
Also the T6 Pan Asian Cruiser Huanghe also known as "Huangmeh", it is a smoke cruiser like the Perth but super fun to play but has a veery high skill gap. costs around 15$

[FJAKA]
Players
1,836 posts
336 battles
31 minutes ago, hellhound666 said:

Not on this account  

[UNICS]
Players
413 posts
5,711 battles

DD`s are my thing so i`ll skip other classes.

For me it`d be:

Sims: It deals very well with sky cancer, and is in general a very well rounded US-type DD. It`s also the fastest US DD.

HSF Harekaze: "Kagero done right" as i call it, it`s basicly a Kagero clone with three Gun/Turret options but 100mm dual DP mounts (same as on Akizuki/Kitakaze, Harugumo, and Hakuryu) are used by 99% of people because they`re the best in every regard except for damage alpha. It deals fairly well with planes (T8), and it steps up Kagero`s firepower by a large margin while retaining it`s torpedo power. It`s kinda lacking in terms of range, speed, and hp, but you can play around those.

Kidd: (i don`t have it)

It should deal very well with planes, and is in general a very dominant DD for its tier.

Would recommend.

DD`s i DON`T recommend are atm:

Asashio - If there is any carrier in the game you`re borderline useless, due to its abundance of AA guns (2 25mm MG`s to be exact).

Yukikaze - Worse than Asashio, it`s a yolo type DD, with a typical terrible IJN 127mm gun mounts. IMHO borderline useless by design.

Błyskawica - While it`s a gud gunbote it lacks flexibility and flyswatters. The commander is also unique to the ship as of now.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
297 posts
13,685 battles
1 minute ago, veslingr said:

Not on this account  

why then not use actual account? or it got lost/banned ...

Beta Tester
297 posts
13,685 battles
27 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Actually, some of these ships aren't even tier 9 like he mentioned :Smile-_tongue:

probably typo ...

what i doubt is he's expertise.