You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Blixies

Are we going to have CV refund?

CV refund  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Should CV refund happen with 8.4?

• Yes.
    • No.

90 comments in this topic

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles

Hello frens!
Simple quesion/poll. With the upcomming massive changes to premium Aircraft Carriers, are we going to get the option for refund?

We are talking about some fundamental changes here.
While it was said that "premium carriers are finalised" I understand the need for the changes, just as it happened with smoke firing. On the other hand, without the refund it seems a bit bait-and-switch tactic to massively change the CVs right after the big sale of them ended.

Let me know what you think. (Obligatory WG tag  @MrConway)

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,302 posts
9,163 battles

You want a refund because fundamental features of how CVs work across the board are being changed, not just premiums and because the graf zeppelin is being buffed? Sorry to say, but this sounds unlikely. 

• Cool 2

Players
312 posts
1 minute ago, CptMinia said:

You want a refund because fundamental features of how CVs work across the board are being changed, not just premiums and because the graf zeppelin is being buffed? Sorry to say, but this sounds unlikely. 

Agreed.  Although I'd argue that some doubloons and potentially credits to facilitate respeccing might be in order, depending on how the AA changes impact the meta.

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
13 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Hello frens!
Simple quesion/poll. With the upcomming massive changes to premium Aircraft Carriers, are we going to get the option for refund?

We are talking about some fundamental changes here.
While it was said that "premium carriers are finalised" I understand the need for the changes, just as it happened with smoke firing. On the other hand, without the refund it seems a bit bait-and-switch tactic to massively change the CVs right after the big sale of them ended.

Let me know what you think. (Obligatory WG tag  @MrConway)

what massive change are you talking about??

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles
2 minutes ago, veslingr said:

what massive change are you talking about??

Follow the link, fren.

10 minutes ago, CptMinia said:

Have you been around for the smoke mechanic changes? Same principle.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,113 posts
20,919 battles

What massive changes... sorry but a delay in initial launch of aircraft after match start and the changes on how bombs work against DD's is hardly massive.. Also it may not even make it to live server.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[SHAFT]
Players
11,705 posts
9,731 battles

Obviously WG shot themselves in the foot, by saying "Premium CVs are balanced" while the whole rework is not even finished! They were just greedy to sell them ASAP to cash in on as many people as possible. Global nerf change afterwards, since people already threw money at them.

Might work shortterm, but longterm it should collapse, since people are being unhappy getting treated like that (atleast one would think that way).

• Cool 7

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
7 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Follow the link, fren.

Have you been around for the smoke mechanic changes? Same principle.

i read link and do not see any big nerf to ptemium t8 cvs.

30 seconds prep time? it is a joke

Change to HE bombers (Big E and GZ do not care) is just....it is not "fair" t odo 12 k dmg to DD from one strike form Midways Bombeers

Change to "boost"....it is minor thing

also GZ got 3 direct buffs, aiming of bombers not been messed by moving is buff to all other Cvs

so pls point where are massive game braking change?

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles
3 minutes ago, veslingr said:

i read link and do not see any big nerf to ptemium t8 cvs

Alrighty then:
Delay for the 1st takeoff (less damage, less credits).
Changed mechanic for HE bombs (hello Saipan, Kaga).
Engine Cooling "standardization" (nerf). 

Don't you consider those relevant nerfs?

Again, I can see why these changes are made, and I'm not arguing against them.

• Cool 1

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
2 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Alrighty then:
Delay for the 1st takeoff - less damage, less credits.
Changed mechanic for HE bombs (hello Saipan).

we will not cry for 30 seconds delay

you missed buffs that it will bring

and still it is nothing massive here, stealth fire nerf, smoke change, CV rework were major things, this is just tweeks not eaven neerfs to CVs

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
19 minutes ago, Ace42X said:

Agreed.  Although I'd argue that some doubloons and potentially credits to facilitate respeccing might be in order, depending on how the AA changes impact the meta.

there are no AAA changes in 0.8.4.

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles
3 minutes ago, veslingr said:

we will not cry for 30 seconds delay

you missed buffs that it will bring

and still it is nothing massive here

I think you missed the point of this thread.

Anyone who knows how damage versus certain classes (HP percentages) works will tell you that dealing marginally more damage to BBs and much less to DDs is not a buff in terms of credits, or XP.

If these changes aren't massive, I don't know what is.

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
5 minutes ago, Blixies said:

I think you missed the point of this thread.

Anyone who knows how damage versus certain classes (HP percentages) works will tell you that dealing marginally more damage to BBs and much less to DDs is not a buff in terms of credits.

If these changes aren't massive, I don't know what is.

you have total 159 gamess in CV, i have over 4000 games and all 4 premium CVs...belive me i know how HP percentages are calculated....and i can tell you, HE bombers from Midway were UNFAIR and deserve nerf. 

back to premium CVs

GZ got straith buffs

Big E - do not care

Kaga - care, but not to extent of Midway

Saipan - care

still this thing will not change more than 5% performance of any of this ships, regarding kaga main weapon are TB and Saipan with Tiny are DoT CV.

all  4 will still be very efective agains DDs with rrockets and spoting

P.s.

why do you talk about credits..who the [edited]car about credit gaine of t8 premiums?

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles
1 minute ago, veslingr said:

P.s.

why do you talk about credits..who the [edited]car about credit gaine of t8 premiums?

Are you for real?

2 minutes ago, veslingr said:

you have total 159 gamess in CV, i have over 4000 games and all 4 premium CVs...belive me i know how HP percentages are calculated....and i can tell you, HE bombers from Midway were UNFAIR and deserve nerf. 

Are you trolling or do you just have trouble with reading in general? For the third time: I am not opposed to these changes, nor do I question their necessity.

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
Just now, Blixies said:

Are you for real?

Are you trolling or do you just have trouble with reading in general? For the third time: I am not opposed to these changes, nor do I question their necessity.

yes, i am for real, economie on this game is easy...i sit on 300 mil and do not know what to do with them.

i get you are not against changes, but i do not see need for refund becasue changes are minor. every premium ship could ask for refund in spoting range change.....if we follow your logic, end every next twik we could ask for refund.

i think this changes are not enought to call t8 CV totaly different ships than before 0.8.4. so no refund is needed

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,113 posts
20,919 battles
1 minute ago, Blixies said:

Alrighty then:
Delay for the 1st takeoff - less damage, less credits.
Changed mechanic for HE bombs (hello Saipan).

30 sec delay in launch will hardly effect damage AT ALL.. infact for for more gung ho players  or players with less skill it will probably increase damage. As that small 30 second delay will allow the enemy to brake up and move further apart so you will have less chance of attacking ships with overlapping AA fire. You role at start is more scout than attack... and thats the issue CV can scout hole enemy team before they can disperse

The change in HE Bombs will only really  effect against DD. High tier DD's are having issues against CV so some re balancing is expected.

Engine cool down standardization will be buff for some Nerf for others .. SO what...

know looking at you profile.. Your a very good player but your only Prem CV Saipan is under performing when compared to your other CV's like the Lexi game play.....

Mmmmm that clouding you opinion somewhat ????? making you want a refund?

Saipan has always been a very strong but difficult ship to master due to her low plane pool... one mistake can really hurt you match

Looks like you bought the Siapan since the CV rework... WE all new it was not completely finished yet. Maybe you should have waited.

• Cool 2

Players
312 posts
15 minutes ago, veslingr said:

there are no AAA changes in 0.8.4.

I was referring to this:
The mechanics of the priority AA sectors will be completely redesigned. We decided to change not only the visual component, but also to significantly improve the interaction of the ship with squadrons. It is too early to talk about any details, but the main goal that we want to achieve is for the player to get more effective AA with the proper use of the priority AA sectors and the choice of appropriate skills and upgrades. -

Not the specific changes in 0.8.4 which I considered to be largely inconsequential as they are, mostly, class-wide rather than premium-specific.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,113 posts
20,919 battles
12 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Are you for real?

we all can... but as you can see no one (apart from you) really sees them as to use your words 

With the upcomming massive changes to premium Aircraft Carriers.

In fact apart from the delay in launch. If you had not been told you would probably not have notices the other miner changes. Apart from wondering why you were not killing DD's in one shot so often.

Im a DD man I have been very quite over the CV rework for DD's

Its hurt DD's a lot but i am just excepting the challenge..  And DD players have not even beene offered any refund at all.. (and i have almost EVERY prem DD in the game)..

But hay DD players just man up to all the nerfs we have had and sail on.

These changes are miner balance changes that will continue over time for the CV for at least half a year I recon.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,027 posts
16,498 battles
27 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Alrighty then:
Delay for the 1st takeoff (less damage, less credits).

This was before CV rework, and it was a massive poop idea to make no preparation time while all other ships still start with unloaded guns and torps.

For me the whole rework is crap incarnate, and i dont really care about cvs any more, refunded when i had the chance, but got one back in container that is a port decoration nothing more.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles
1 minute ago, T0byJug said:

know looking at you profile.. Your a very good player but your only Prem CV Saipan is under performing when compared to your other CV's like the Lexi game play.....

Mmmmm that clouding you opinion somewhat ????? making you want a refund?

Just for the record, I wouldn't refund any CV, even if the option was given. Saipan was my training wheels and my stats with that ship are rising up very fast.
On the other hand, I don't like WG sales tactics lately, but it seems the community is more and more compliant with WG's methods, who am I to judge?

[FJAKA]
Players
2,975 posts
477 battles
5 minutes ago, Ace42X said:

I was referring to this:
The mechanics of the priority AA sectors will be completely redesigned. We decided to change not only the visual component, but also to significantly improve the interaction of the ship with squadrons. It is too early to talk about any details, but the main goal that we want to achieve is for the player to get more effective AA with the proper use of the priority AA sectors and the choice of appropriate skills and upgrades. -

Not the specific changes in 0.8.4 which I considered to be largely inconsequential as they are, mostly, class-wide rather than premium-specific.

that is 3+ months...we can not aks for refund for thing we do not eaven know how will turn up :)

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles
3 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

In fact apart from the delay in launch. If you had not been told you would probably not have notices the other miner changes. Apart from wondering why you were not killing DD's any more in one shot

I have not seen the HE bomb reticule rework, but it sure seems noticeable from what I've read in the announcement.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,113 posts
20,919 battles
2 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Just for the record, I wouldn't refund any CV, even if the option was given. Saipan was my training wheels and my stats with that ship are rising up very fast.
On the other hand, I don't like WG sales tactics lately, but it seems the community is more and more compliant with WG's methods, who am I to judge?

they are a lot better than Warthunder...

CV players were offered refunds on launch.. but as i say these are not big changes

Players
312 posts
1 minute ago, veslingr said:

that is 3+ months...we can not aks for refund for thing we do not eaven know how will turn up :)

I was saying it would be prudent to give doubloons / credits to enable respeccing *depending on how those changes effect meta*.

If they don't turn up, they won't effect meta, and thus won't make respeccing essential.

That said, I could imagine the upcoming buffs to GZ and nerfs to Enterprise pushing people to respec too (swap in and out DB health respectively).

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,113 posts
20,919 battles
Just now, Blixies said:

I have not seen the HE bomb reticule rework, but it sure seems noticeable from what I've read in the announcement.

but as they said it will only realy effect against DD... more bomb dropping at the outer edges will not realy effect attacks against bigger targets like BB/CA/CV. 

But it will give DD more of a chance.. Midway especially at the moment is a HUG bain against ALL DD.. Even strong AA boats with defensive fire..  wipe out a midways Rocket planes no problem his Bombers can probably delete you easier...