4 comments in this topic

[-NO-]
[-NO-]
Players
75 posts
12,912 battles

OK so I have two tier 9 DDs, the rest at Tier 8. My question is on which Tier 10 DDs should I be taking 'torpedo armament expertise' the skill which reduces torp reload time. At the moment I only have it on Ognevoi because the gun system is poor. I know there is the gunboat/torp boat distinction and Im guessing Shima falls under 'get that skill' category. But what else please??

[KURLA]
Players
906 posts
17,512 battles

TAE is imo preferable on the IJN torpedo-line, USN, Pan-Asian and possibly the KM DDs.

Players
97 posts
330 battles

On most of the DDs I'm playing, I've moved away from TAE; I usually take BFT/SI at the tiers mentioned (8+) - extra AA, and more consumables generally give me more use than slightly faster torp reload (and AR does a similar job to TAE, if you assume you're inevitably going to get damaged by planes).

That said, I would probably keep it on IJN torp boats, albeit as a later pick; in general, their AA is so bad as to not be salvageable...

FWIW this is my usual 19-pointer build for most higher tier DDs that I'm playing (so, US, Russian, PA, KM, and absolutely not IJN torp line):

image.png.e7f2185633f54b413d2b052c84af52e1.png

(For the RN at T9+, I think I've dropped SI and PM, for IFHE, although I may switch back to the above depending on if I can make AP work)

Players
1,679 posts
12,339 battles

It depends a little on what you want to use the ship for.

Flamu has it in his RPF-less Z-52 torpedo spammer build, but that's over a year old. I'd rather have RPF and SI, very much so for Clan battles, but even for randoms, especially in the carrier meta, for the extra smoke.

On the Gearing, I'd prefer it the other way round - it's a gun-focused ship but the consumables aren't as valuable for Clan battles. The only reason I personally have SI instead of TAE is because I rarely ever have to play it in Clan Battles, and the build is mainly focused on Kidd and Monaghan, to annoy CV players. For that, the extra consumables are unbeatable.

• Cool 1