You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Developer Bulletin 0.8.4

70 comments in this topic

[-LIS-]
Beta Tester, Players
31 posts
7,658 battles

"It doesn't mean, however, that carriers will spend that time in vain: you can use it to plan your actions and steer your ship to a safe place."

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[LICON]
Players
30 posts
12,356 battles

CV in Ranked Battles? Who though this idea is "briliant"(/s)? edited who does not play WOWS at all, apparently. And at T10. Yay, now there will be no tactics like flanking, ambushes, etc... "Great job"(/s), edited

Now only one more competive mode to edited left is clan battles. "CV FOR CLAN BATTLES! Greatest idea in WOWS history!"(/s) - no one said, EVER.

CV super spoting adresed with 45s delay, in the begining of the battle(so taking in account planes speed CVs will spot ships a KM closer to the middle? xD)... LOL Ya are serious here? How about droping ships air detection down for a couple KM each too, except DDs(who gets 0.5KM down) or even better DDs aren't detected by CV unless DDs are in CV detection range(or 12-15 KM from CV)?

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,289 battles
On 5/7/2019 at 7:20 PM, 700 said:

CV in Ranked Battles? Who though this idea is "briliant"(/s)? edited who does not play WOWS at all, apparently. And at T10. Yay, now there will be no tactics like flanking, ambushes, etc... "Great job"(/s), edited

Now only one more competive mode to edited left is clan battles. "CV FOR CLAN BATTLES! Greatest idea in WOWS history!"(/s) - no one said, EVER.

CV super spoting adresed with 45s delay, in the begining of the battle(so taking in account planes speed CVs will spot ships a KM closer to the middle? xD)... LOL Ya are serious here? How about droping ships air detection down for a couple KM each too, except DDs(who gets 0.5KM down) or even better DDs aren't detected by CV unless DDs are in CV detection range(or 12-15 KM from CV)?

you know they already massively reduced air spotting right? like for some ships by a good 5km. also CVs are getting a plane speed nerf along with the delay at the start and everyone is probably going to be AA spec in ranked. im quite sure we have had enough nerfs thank you very much.

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,973 posts
9,170 battles
42 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

im quite sure we have had enough nerfs thank you very much

No, they haven't...

Your stats before and after the rework clearly show that CVs are still not nerfed enough:

Spoiler

626195605_Screenshot_2019-05-07WoWSStatsNumbersEU-Mr_Snoww-Playerinfoandstats.thumb.png.d84d6191157bc9f4ea200e0d70223dd9.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[LICON]
Players
30 posts
12,356 battles
25 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

you know they already massively reduced air spotting right? like for some ships by a good 5km. also CVs are getting a plane speed nerf along with the delay at the start and everyone is probably going to be AA spec in ranked. im quite sure we have had enough nerfs thank you very much.

Lets take look at T10 BBs. Lets start with worst in air detection:

Name   Detection sea/air     MG Range    Surprise fire range over detection sea/air

GK:        17.6/14.9                  20.6               3.0/5.7

Repu     18/13.5                      26.1               8.1/12.6

Monty   17.8/12.9                  23.6                5.8/10.7

Yama    18/12.8                      26.6               8.6/13.8

Conq     15.7/12.5                  24.3               8.6/11.8

CVs attack range over detection: limited only by Map Limits. Also they can "shoot" over islands... CV player reaction: "Stop nerfing us!!!!" My reaction to CV moans: "Yeah, suuuure"/s.

• Bad 2

[FL4-0]
Beta Tester
85 posts
17,043 battles

The history of always, the Dds cry and another nerfeo without taking into account the logic.
I wonder if the developers play their own game.
In those 45 seconds that take us out of battle that other classes if they use, what are we supposed to do, watch videos on YouTube, rub our bellies?
?

Regarding the issue of the speed of airplanes, what do we carry planes from the First World War?
If you lower the speeds of the planes to unreal also reduce the speeds of the boats.

I would also like to know what the developers think when they make an object that measures 125 meters or more, leaving behind a column of black smoke about 30 meters (which is a full-blown destroyer) is detected from the air to 2.5 km while an object with a height of 7 meters and moving between the clouds is detected at 10km.

• Cool 4
  • Bad 2

Players
89 posts
4,308 battles

When do you think comes the new update? I guess I have no chance to get 900 more coins or what they are called in English in order to get to 1500 for Lazo, do I? 

[LICON]
Players
30 posts
12,356 battles
3 minutes ago, Khazumi said:

The history of always, the Dds cry and another nerfeo without taking into account the logic.
In those 45 seconds that take us out of battle that other classes if they use, what are we supposed to do, watch videos on YouTube, rub our bellies?
?

Regarding the issue of the speed of airplanes, what do we carry planes from the First World War?
If you lower the speeds of the planes to unreal also reduce the speeds of the boats.

I would also like to know what the developers think when they make an object that measures 125 meters or more, leaving behind a column of black smoke about 30 meters (which is a full-blown destroyer) is detected from the air to 2.5 km while an object with a height of 7 meters and moving between the clouds is detected at 10km.

Are you really bitching about realistic ship speed in the game where planes spot a ship and said ship becomes visible to all other 11 players immediately in your team and they can target it(what it is?does your planes has wireless high speed internet with GPS and fire control radar?)?

Then why you don't complain about AA sector mechanic which spreads the fire instead of swating your planes out of the sky with concentrated fire? Why your CV planes ares are controled by you and not your pilots?

Oh wait... it's another CV player rant. Whose CVs WR after "CV rework" went up significantly...

• Funny 2
  • Bad 3

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,868 posts
21,678 battles
2 minutes ago, Amun_RA said:

When do you think comes the new update? I guess I have no chance to get 900 more coins or what they are called in English in order to get to 1500 for Lazo, do I? 

Two weeks maybe longer. I think longer as they just had a major update two weeks ago.

Players
89 posts
4,308 battles
7 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Two weeks maybe longer. I think longer as they just had a major update two weeks ago.

Ok. Thanks a lot! :) 

[ALYEN]
Players
2,070 posts
4,040 battles

another map with islands close to cap border for radar cruisers to hide .... genius creation WG .... NOT !!!

I hope you will fix the port reset if you don't select a side in the Victory competition ... I HAD to pick a team once for it to stop ... why do you think ALL players will participate ? oh and please make the dynamic weather in port a toggle option ... please ... port is quite heavy on the computer as is ....

45 seconds for CVs to do nothing at tier 10 ? I could understand 30 seconds ... that's in the BB main battery ballpark, but the CV has no incentive to move at the start of the battle and has nothing to do for the time ... I mean the takeoff delay is needed, but 45 seconds is a bit much ....

• Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
10,519 posts
7,325 battles
9 minutes ago, 700 said:

Are you really bitching about realistic ship speed in the game where planes spot a ship and said ship becomes visible to all other 11 players immediately in your team and they can target it(what it is?does your planes has wireless high speed internet with GPS and fire control radar?)?

Then why you don't complain about AA sector mechanic which spreads the fire instead of swating your planes out of the sky with concentrated fire? Why your CV planes ares are controled by you and not your pilots?

Oh wait... it's another CV player rant. Whose CVs WR after "CV rework" went up significantly...

So much stupidity in a single post. Wow!

Wait why are your Battleship gun turrets controlled by you and not your crew? 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Players
51 posts
34 minutes ago, Khazumi said:

?

go play world of warplanes and stop ruining our games, cv player

• Cool 7
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 1

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
  • I find it questionable that I'm actually looking forward to NOT having to play Ranked. T10 (yet again), rental ships and CVs. Hell yeah...
  • Similarly, I'm not sure I understand historian guy (I think his name is Dmitry), as WG has taught me to fear the day my homeland's navy gets a ship in this game. For I'd have to watch in silent anger as WG botched a ship by first making it OP with unhistorical crap, then threw it into T5 where it'll just die. Poor Viribus Unitis, may you never have to see this game and suffer.
  • 45s will not be boring, cause I can plot my course? Thanks for casually insulting our intelligence.
  • Soviet bias commander with most noob-friendly skills in the game. Rewards the enemy being good enough to almost kill you. Absolutely great attition to the game.
  • Thanks for reminding me that Asashio existed and reminding people to try get into the enemy's rear. I can't wait for Asashios dying to CVs in places with no air support and providing crap all around caps.
  • After "Yamata" we now get "Yamamato"... Look, I get you are struggling with Prinz Eugen's name all the time, but could you at least get this stuff right? It's not even hard and both one of the most well-known battleships and one of the most important naval commanders of the Second World War. Some effort please.

This video was cringeworty...

• Cool 4

Players
51 posts

The cv rework was a success. It just doesn't belong to World of Warships. The cv class was, is and always will be unbearable to play against. Send them to World of Warplanes and move on with your game. :)

• Cool 4
  • Bad 1

[LICON]
Players
30 posts
12,356 battles
10 minutes ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

So much stupidity in a single post. Wow!

Wait why are your Battleship gun turrets controlled by you and not your crew? 

Maybe because the turrets are On Your SHIP and not 20-30KM away like planes are? Truly I lament Germany if its people inteligence took nosedive to your level.

• Bad 2

[FL4-0]
Beta Tester
85 posts
17,043 battles

Radio is the method by which airplanes transmit the position of the enemy fleet to the allied fleet, something that anyone with a medium-low knowledge knows. the same with which a Dd transmits the enemy's position to its allies.

What is not explained as a destroyer guides its machine guns and cannons into a cloud of smoke without seeing anything to reach planes and distinguish them without seeing them between enemy and allied planes.

Of course seeing the amount of idiocies that you have released in just 5 sentences I do not wait for your explanation of this last one.

• Boring 2

[FL4-0]
Beta Tester
85 posts
17,043 battles
Justo ahora, Khazumi dijo:

Justo ahora, 700 dijo:

¿Está realmente en el aire la velocidad de la nave en el juego donde los aviones detectan una nave y dicha nave se ve para los otros 11 jugadores en su equipo y pueden apuntar a ella? de alta velocidad con GPS y el radar de control de fuego?)?

Entonces, ¿por qué no te hasjas sobre el mecánico del sector de AA que se propaga el fuego en el lugar de hacer que tus aviones salgan del cielo con fuego concentrado? ¿Por qué tus aviones CV son controlados por ti y no por tus pilotos?

Oh, espera ... es otro jugador de CV despotricado. Cuyos CV WR después de "CV retrabajo" subió significativamente ...

La radio es el método por el cual los aviones transmiten la posición de la flota enemiga a la flota aliada, algo que cualquier persona con un conocimiento medio-bajo sabe. lo mismo con lo que un Dd transmite la posición del enemigo a sus aliados.

Lo que no se explica como un destructor guía sus ametralladoras y cañones a una nube de humo sin ver nada para llegar a los aviones y distinguirlos sin verlos entre aviones enemigos y aliados.

Por supuesto, viendo la cantidad de idioteces que ha publicado en solo 5 oraciones, no espero su explicación de esta última.

• Boring 2

[FL4-0]
Beta Tester
85 posts
17,043 battles
Just now, 700 said:

¿Tal vez porque las torretas están en tu SHIP y no a 20-30 km de distancia como los aviones? Verdaderamente lamento a Alemania si la inteligencia de su gente cayó a su nivel.

And your turrets are not on the bridge

• Funny 1

[LICON]
Players
30 posts
12,356 battles
1 minute ago, Khazumi said:

Radio is the method by which airplanes transmit the position of the enemy fleet to the allied fleet, something that anyone with a medium-low knowledge knows. the same with which a Dd transmits the enemy's position to its allies.

What is not explained as a destroyer guides its machine guns and cannons into a cloud of smoke without seeing anything to reach planes and distinguish them without seeing them between enemy and allied planes.

Of course seeing the amount of idiocies that you have released in just 5 sentences I do not wait for your explanation of this last one.

Oh yes, radio... "(what it is?does your planes has wireless high speed internet with GPS and fire control radar?)"  What radio did in real life against ships in WW2 period - was general place of enemy ship(like spoted on minimap during storm), so yeah stop BSing about it.

• Bad 1

[IDLK]
Beta Tester
76 posts

I don't see any points of why you want to nerf carrier AGAIN! That makes totally no sense. CVs are perfectly balanced, it have both pros and cons. And the stats also show that CV does not do better or worse than anything else. The only reason I can see is that those brainless DD players cries all the time and to shut them up you just make all CV  players feel super unhappy. I agree that the DD playstyle has changed since 0800 but the same effect all other players. In face DDs received more buff than anyone else did. In the old days a experienced CV player can one shot DD with ease. But now no one can do it anymore. also DDs are more stealthy. A CV player can never find them unless the DD is a complete moron. Also CVs can not spot trops anymore so they can deal dmg more easy. All those buffs can be clearly seen in the game. In old tier X battle you rarely see 4 or even 5 DDs in each team, but now it is a practically a daily action. You will see such a team formation literally every 3 battle and with this fact BB gameplays become complete crap. You can see trops everywhere at anytime. I say if we change CV again this game will eventurally end up in world of DDs. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 4
  • Angry 1

[IDLK]
Beta Tester
76 posts
32 minutes ago, 700 said:

Maybe because the turrets are On Your SHIP and not 20-30KM away like planes are? Truly I lament Germany if its people inteligence took nosedive to your level.

If you do have a Tier 10 BB or in fact even a tier 8 BB you will see that even a turret 20 KM away can get you down easily in the hands of a capable player. Do not blame others for you own incapacity, learn to play the game and adapt to the situation and you will see how fair it is right now.

[IDLK]
Beta Tester
76 posts
12 minutes ago, Han951753 said:

I don't see any points of why you want to nerf carrier AGAIN! That makes totally no sense. CVs are perfectly balanced, it have both pros and cons. And the stats also show that CV does not do better or worse than anything else. The only reason I can see is that those brainless DD players cries all the time and to shut them up you just make all CV  players feel super unhappy. I agree that the DD playstyle has changed since 0800 but the same effect all other players. In face DDs received more buff than anyone else did. In the old days a experienced CV player can one shot DD with ease. But now no one can do it anymore. also DDs are more stealthy. A CV player can never find them unless the DD is a complete moron. Also CVs can not spot trops anymore so they can deal dmg more easy. All those buffs can be clearly seen in the game. In old tier X battle you rarely see 4 or even 5 DDs in each team, but now it is a practically a daily action. You will see such a team formation literally every 3 battle and with this fact BB gameplays become complete crap. You can see trops everywhere at anytime. I say if we change CV again this game will eventurally end up in world of DDs. 

CV players always performe better is mostly due to the fact that CV players are simply better players. In the old days literally no one plays CV because they are simpally too hard for them to handle. So in order to really use a carrier you have to know the maps clear, you have to predict enemy act, you have to plan attack. The knowledge a CV player have of this game is astronomically more than a conventional player. So with the CV rework. the handling get easier, it is now obvious that all those old experienced players will dominate the game, not only in CVs but also in BBs, CAs, and DDs. they just simpally have a better stats. Really there is no reason to punish all those old experienced players because the rookies cried. In fact I would say let the rookies cry as hard as possible if needed let them cry till death, so they can learn and then can improve. Every old players experienced the same difficult time and so should all the new rookies. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 2