You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Developer Diaries: Update 0.8.4

20 comments in this topic

[HEROZ]
Players
4 posts
18,420 battles
14 minutes ago, Castor_Tyndarides said:

A clarification: the "provision" tokens of 8.4 are different from the "allowance" tokens currently earned in the Victory competition?

I wanted to do the same question.
In that case the next patch will close the possibility to take the Lazo for free. Right?

Community Contributor, Players
151 posts
20,829 battles

Hello guys!!! I want to ask about Repair Consumable for Russian BB's. Is the limited Repair Party Consumable on the Russian BB's final or are you planning on changing it?

And a GREAT thanks from all of us the Greek players for the new map with the name Greece. Really we are very proud of that effort!!!!

[-GG-]
[-GG-]
Players
371 posts
21,383 battles
31 minutes ago, Amil_SAR said:

I wanted to do the same question.
In that case the next patch will close the possibility to take the Lazo for free. Right?

Yes.

Lazo in 0.8.3, Murmansk in 0.8.4

[ATOM-]
Players
3 posts

When are you going to remove the CV's from the game? I was hoping in the next update but it appears not to be the case. If I wanted to play World of Warplanes I'd install the game.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[HEROZ]
Players
4 posts
18,420 battles
2 hours ago, radius77 said:

Yes.

Lazo in 0.8.3, Murmansk in 0.8.4

ty

any idea of when the 8.4 will be uploaded?

Community Contributor, Players
151 posts
20,829 battles
13 minutes ago, Amil_SAR said:

ty

any idea of when the 8.4 will be uploaded?

23th-24th probably mate!

[HEROZ]
Players
4 posts
18,420 battles
10 minutes ago, ChaosMachineGR said:

23th-24th probably mate!

Good!! i've all the time needed to take Lazo ^_^

• Cool 1

[4-20]
[4-20]
Players
215 posts

are this so called developers the people responsible for CV rework, radar rework, AA rework....   and still show their faces?

brave people indeed.    

• Cool 1

Players
20 posts
7,479 battles

The"Greece" map?Oh!We have already "problems"with our neighbor give us and map and u learn many many usefull "strange"words at the chats between Greeks,Turks,cyprians etc.

[IDLK]
Beta Tester
76 posts

I need to say those changes on CVs are literally stupid. Your argument does not even make sense WG.You say that CV spots enemy too early, but your team is not the only one wich have a CV, the enemy also have one. In fact, it is even better that CVs can do a early spot, sou you and your team can plan an attack more wisely through the enemy's week point. Also by the same time the enemy may also divert force to your week point, which makes the gameplay much more interesting and more exciting, not just throw trash to enemy till the very end of the game. Also the nerf on HE divers is just a result of poorly played DD players cried again. You can see a plane 10KM

away comming to you but they can only see you at 2 KM and you don't want to hide? Who is that to blame? If any of the WG developer played CVs in live server right now, you will see who hard it actrually is to find and hit a maneuvering DD. It is just utally no sense to make a nerf on it, specially after the fact that you guys have already nerfed rocket in earlier patches. If ever time DD cries you need to nerf something (last time was readr and hydro), why don't you just remove all other ship types and make a game called world of DDs. I say DD is a type of ship designed for experienced players, rookies have to learn how the mechnics works instead of crying.

[DREAD]
Players
10,505 posts
7,322 battles
21 hours ago, Bubble247 said:

When are you going to remove the CV's from the game? I was hoping in the next update but it appears not to be the case. If I wanted to play World of Warplanes I'd install the game.

Play Pokemon. I heard that is 100% CV free

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

Players
160 posts
246 battles

The proposed change of up to 45 seconds waiting time will make little difference, all it will do is make people think they can contest caps, in reality it just ensures that the CV's food will be advertising their presence on the cap point/dinner plate without the need to search for the current 15 seconds or so, the attacks will still start around the same time they do now. Buffs to constant plane speed at the sacrifice of a small decrease in speed boost is another buff not the suggested nerf as most of your time is spent at constant speeds not under boost. As for higher bomb drops it wont make much difference, there will still be constant never ending waves and if the CV wants you dead your dead, with little real counter to even a half competent player. Most of the dev team don't even play WoW on a regular basis and have no idea what a broken mechanic they are trying to hammer into the wrong shaped hole. The game play itself is not a million miles from being successful both fun for those that CV or bareable for those on the receiving end.

1) Ensure players have to manually return flights to the carrier before launching the next wave, "endless waves of planes with little counter is no fun in any class of ship,"

2) Have a hard cap to planes so bad play is punished and CV can be deplaned, come on 20-30 seconds between attack waves, ridiculous?

3) If you have to have ridiculous never ending waves at least have the AA guns linked to the repair party so that they are not instantly destroyed and are repaired at least until all repair modules are used up. AA is pretty much ineffective after 1 or 2 attacks.

4) And finally just 1 CV per side per battle whatever the tier, so that broken class isn't dominating almost every game they are in.

Make your dev team play at least 100 games after an update so they can see what actual effects their often stupid decisions have on daily game play. All they do is look at a stat sheet...ohhh more people playing cv...it must all be wonderful fun experience for everyone in game.

BB counter cruisers, cruisers counter DD and DD counter BB " the circle of life"...…...CV's well they just don't care, they counter everything without a meaningful counter themselves. How is that a good or balanced mechanic. 

* I played 3 battles today I waited exactly 45 seconds before taking off and commencing attacks. A small sample yes but as I predicted I didn't need to search anywhere I just flew to a cap being contested and low and behold found the dd without a search. Next I played 3 battles without the 45 second wait, I had to spend around 20 seconds on average searching for target then a further 10-12 seconds heading to the dd before I could commence attack run. The difference between the old and proposed 45 second wait was on average just 8 seconds for the first bombs or rockets to hit targets.* So in this small test it shows there is absolutely little or no benefit to the 45 second delay, and it doesn't have to be a cap I head to, it can be that des moines perfect rock, or any other valid point on the map. So the next patch means most CV are simply receiving buffs, buffs intended to compensate for the 45 second delay, a delay that is as pointless as most other tweaks the dev's attempt at present. You gotta ask, do they even bother to try these so called solutions themselves?

Players
160 posts
246 battles
1 hour ago, Han951753 said:

I need to say those changes on CVs are literally stupid. Your argument does not even make sense WG.You say that CV spots enemy too early, but your team is not the only one wich have a CV, the enemy also have one. In fact, it is even better that CVs can do a early spot, sou you and your team can plan an attack more wisely through the enemy's week point. Also by the same time the enemy may also divert force to your week point, which makes the gameplay much more interesting and more exciting, not just throw trash to enemy till the very end of the game. Also the nerf on HE divers is just a result of poorly played DD players cried again. You can see a plane 10KM

away comming to you but they can only see you at 2 KM and you don't want to hide? Who is that to blame? If any of the WG developer played CVs in live server right now, you will see who hard it actrually is to find and hit a maneuvering DD. It is just utally no sense to make a nerf on it, specially after the fact that you guys have already nerfed rocket in earlier patches. If ever time DD cries you need to nerf something (last time was readr and hydro), why don't you just remove all other ship types and make a game called world of DDs. I say DD is a type of ship designed for experienced players, rookies have to learn how the mechnics works instead of crying.

I have little problem hitting DD with bombs or rockets, torps a little more tricky but even if I miss all 3 or 4 passes I simply hit F key and I am back hitting the same target 20 seconds later, multiple attacks, F key, rinse and repeat. You can miss 90% of the bombs but that DD is history if you just keep spamming it every 20 seconds or so. BB, cruisers, dd, it doesn't matter, just cycle the attacks at no risk to yourself. Someone posted in game chat a link to a WG stat which states CV are surviving 75% of battles. So pretty balanced then, The first 1 or 2 attacks knocks out many AA, rendering the target ships whatever the class virtually defenceless, the CV takes fewer losses and replenishes his planes faster as the depleted AA isn't killing anything and so once the target ship has been focused down Full strength squadrons are again hitting new targets at will.

DD in the current meta have every right to cry foul play as do every other class. Admittedly the cv rework is still supposed to be a WiP, but I fear what we have is pretty much how WG want it. I don't think WG has the smarts to fix the mechanic or maybe simply lack the will. We changed the meta, deal with it appears to be the attitude.

Players
1,270 posts
1 hour ago, WascallyWabbit said:

Someone posted in game chat a link to a WG stat which states CV are surviving 75% of battles

But that is expected really. CV are not pushing forward into dangerous areas like other ship classes, most of the time they and sitting back outside spotting range. So no surprise CV often last until the end of matches.

Players
2 posts
18,592 battles

So the ranked changes... 

• Rented tier 10 ships so players that haven't got a tier 10 ship " can try it out" ????? You really think that is the place to "try it out"?!
  • Tier 10 in general.. We are just finishing CW, which is tier 10, to go straight into a season of ranked with tier 10. Could really have done with tier 8 or 9 on this one. Would also have solved the rented ship disaster..  
  • Including CV's... Where to even start with that one.... You are still struggling getting your heads around how to balance the CV's ( and that is putting it nicely.. ) but you want to put them into one of the two competitive modes in the game?! Again, zero thought put into this. The ranked season is now being used as a tester for ideas, with no thought at all put into how this changes the game dynamic.
  • The new game mode. Again you use the words " nothing was there stopping us from trying it out in ranked" Is ranked really the best test ground you guys can find?! 

Put all of the above changes into play, paired with the MM that ignores any sort of player skill, I can't wait until I get into a game with two cv's with really different skill levels, and 2-3 rental ships on the team. That will make it so enjoyable to play. 

So should we just call season the " lets try it out season" and not season 12?