Jump to content
Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Markhand

Russian battleship line's meaning and future possibilities.

30 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[MAD]
Beta Tester
84 posts
1,613 battles

With the presence of Russian battleships that were never built ingame, and almost all of them being from hypothetical developments, will there be opportunity for other nations that made blueprints for ships to appear in WoWS?

 

Personally, i was thinking about italian and german carriers specifically. With the shortening of carrier lines with the rework, it opens a window of opportunity to add those lines despite the lack of ships that were in service. And if not, why do the russians get preferential treatment when they were never a naval power in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
629 posts
4,978 battles
10 minutes ago, Markhand said:

And if not, why do the russians get preferential treatment when they were never a naval power in the first place.

 

Because WG is run by a pack of nationalists. Done.

  • Cool 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,520 posts
8,380 battles

 

31 minutes ago, Markhand said:

And if not, why do the russians get preferential treatment when they were never a naval power in the first place.

Because the Russian server wants Russian ships, and that's OK. I would like to see some of the lower Tier Russian BBs in the game - some were quite good and didn't get sunk at Tsushima, and they do have good cruisers and DDs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
Players
1,275 posts
2,763 battles
29 minutes ago, Markhand said:

With the presence of Russian battleships that were never built ingame, and almost all of them being from hypothetical developments, will there be opportunity for other nations that made blueprints for ships to appear in WoWS?

We have several 'paper ships' in game already. Not too mention real ships with hypothetical refits, so anything is possible.

 

What we get, is very much down to what will make money for WG. With a whole server cluster dedicated to the RU of course we will get a full and complete glorious Soviet Navy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TSCC]
Players
1,581 posts
18,750 battles
13 minutes ago, Markhand said:

With the presence of Russian battleships that were never built ingame, and almost all of them being from hypothetical developments, will there be opportunity for other nations that made blueprints for ships to appear in WoWS?

 

Personally, i was thinking about italian and german carriers specifically. With the shortening of carrier lines with the rework, it opens a window of opportunity to add those lines despite the lack of ships that were in service. And if not, why do the russians get preferential treatment when they were never a naval power in the first place.

 

So Soviet BBs with 1 real ship, 2 ship which were in process of building but never finished and 5 paper designs are problem but French BBs with 3 real ships and 5 paper designs are not. Double standards, maybe? Also while ww2 Soviet Navy was far from largest it was not insignificant. For example at the start of ww2 Soviet Navy had more destroyers and twice as submarines (largest submarine navy in the World at that point) then Italian Navy, what Soviets lacked are capital ships. Several of them were in process of building like several units of Sovetsky Soyuz, Kronshtadt and Chapayev classes but as two major Soviet shipbuilding facilities at Leningrad and Nikolayev were under siege or captured respectively lot of those were either delayed or scrapped after the end of the war.

 

And sure, even before Soviet BBs, reduction of CVs to four per line opened the door for German, French and maybe even Italian CV lines to be added to the game.  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
17,261 posts
11,677 battles
36 minutes ago, Markhand said:

With the presence of Russian battleships that were never built ingame, and almost all of them being from hypothetical developments, will there be opportunity for other nations that made blueprints for ships to appear in WoWS?

 

Personally, i was thinking about italian and german carriers specifically. With the shortening of carrier lines with the rework, it opens a window of opportunity to add those lines despite the lack of ships that were in service. And if not, why do the russians get preferential treatment when they were never a naval power in the first place.

If you can get enough blueprints together...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MAD]
Beta Tester
84 posts
1,613 battles
12 minutes ago, fumtu said:

 

So Soviet BBs with 1 real ship, 2 ship which were in process of building but never finished and 5 paper designs are problem but French BBs with 3 real ships and 5 paper designs are not. Double standards, maybe? Also while ww2 Soviet Navy was far from largest it was not insignificant. For example at the start of ww2 Soviet Navy had more destroyers and twice as submarines (largest submarine navy in the World at that point) then Italian Navy, what Soviets lacked are capital ships. Several of them were in process of building like several units of Sovetsky Soyuz, Kronshtadt and Chapayev classes but as two major Soviet shipbuilding facilities at Leningrad and Nikolayev were under siege or captured respectively lot of those were either delayed or scrapped after the end of the war.

 

And sure, even before Soviet BBs, reduction of CVs to four per line opened the door for German, French and maybe even Italian CV lines to be added to the game.  

I was not aware of the legitimacy of the french BB line. Frankly it had not crossed my mind.

 

11 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

If you can get enough blueprints together...

Which is done. I am working on a german carrier topic with its own perks and downsides.

8 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

Why does this thread seem very familiar?

It might be something that is often taken up at the forum, but frankly i am not very active at the forum. The reworked CV lines pulled me back into WoWS after a very long hiatus. So im around to take a gander and see if i can make something interesting and attractive for the community. I do enjoy theorywork for games.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,728 posts
245 battles
2 minutes ago, Markhand said:

It might be something that is often taken up at the forum, but frankly i am not very active at the forum. The reworked CV lines pulled me back into WoWS after a very long hiatus. So im around to take a gander and see if i can make something interesting and attractive for the community. I do enjoy theorywork for games.

I've been doing a lot of assignment work recently, just got werid sense of de ja vu lol.

 

I sometimes go overboard with theorycrafting for games, i do like my fiction (and secondaries too much).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[MAD]
Beta Tester
84 posts
1,613 battles
2 hours ago, CptBarney said:

I've been doing a lot of assignment work recently, just got werid sense of de ja vu lol.

 

I sometimes go overboard with theorycrafting for games, i do like my fiction (and secondaries too much).

Then i hope you will be positive about my soon to show up proposal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,389 posts
5,303 battles
4 hours ago, Markhand said:

With the presence of Russian battleships that were never built ingame, and almost all of them being from hypothetical developments, will there be opportunity for other nations that made blueprints for ships to appear in WoWS?

 

Personally, i was thinking about italian and german carriers specifically. With the shortening of carrier lines with the rework, it opens a window of opportunity to add those lines despite the lack of ships that were in service. And if not, why do the russians get preferential treatment when they were never a naval power in the first place.

The Italians actually built a carrier RM Aquila

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[LADA]
[LADA]
Players
146 posts
4,864 battles

I think the fear is that WoWS veers over into the WoT-mentality where the Soviet tree was chock full of prototypes that nobody outside of about 5 Russian archivists had ever heard of. These displayed almost paranormal characteristics in-game (spaced armour that magicked incoming shells out of existence anyone?) High-tier games were chock-full of Object 140s, 260s, 430s (insert a random 3 digit number here) that could hovercraft around the map, possessing troll-armour and snapshotting enemies with high-pen HEAT rounds that made armour irrelevant. One of the reasons why I left WoT was because it was rapidly becoming a Circus full of Kubinka prototypes. 

 

Whenever RU vehicles get added into a game made by RU-based developers with a strong RU market to cater for - the results are often predictable. 

 

I'm happy to be proven wrong and indeed I actively hope I am when it comes to the RU BB lines being added into WoWs.

 

 

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,733 posts
14,903 battles
4 hours ago, Markhand said:

Russian battleship line's meaning and future possibilities.

Russian CVs.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,513 posts
3,466 battles
52 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

The Italians actually built a carrier RM Aquila

She was about 6 months from being ready for sea when Italy surrendered as I recall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,733 posts
14,903 battles
10 minutes ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

...Andorran navies. :Smile_child:

Andorra fielded a number of helocarriers during the WW2 that were base below Lake Engolasters for security purposes.  I also can't wait to see them in game.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HALON]
Players
580 posts
8,924 battles
32 minutes ago, lafeel said:

She was about 6 months from being ready for sea when Italy surrendered as I recall.

 

Much more metal than the Russian bb line from tier VII to tier X

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,513 posts
3,466 battles
2 minutes ago, Amon_ITA said:

 

Much more metal than the Russian bb line from tier VII to tier X

Well it didn't hurt that she was a converted liner, not built from the ground up :Smile-_tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,103 posts
3,520 battles
5 hours ago, FishDogFoodShack said:

 

Because WG is run by a pack of nationalists. Done.

Then why are the ships generally bad, certainly with regards to reload times for the gun, I did the bonus for the Vlad, and was so disappointed, wish I hadn't bothered, now I have here, she might go the way of the Roma and Vanguard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
960 posts
3 minutes ago, NoobySkooby said:

Then why are the ships generally bad, certainly with regards to reload times for the gun, I did the bonus for the Vlad, and was so disappointed, wish I hadn't bothered, now I have here, she might go the way of the Roma and Vanguard.

 

The reload time is bad, she also catches the fire all the frigging time.... But as long as you don't try to challenge tier X's, don't yolo, pack up enough repair parties etc (superintendent!) and position yourself wisely, you can do really well in the Vlad.

 

PS I got the special camo for her too! :Smile_smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,103 posts
3,520 battles
Just now, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

 

The reload time is bad, she alsos catches the fire all the frigging time.... But as long as you don't try to challenge tier X's, don't yolo, pack up enough repair parties etc (superintendent!) and position yourself wisely, you can do really well in the Vlad.

Aha thats where I fall down, the wisely part, lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
960 posts
1 minute ago, NoobySkooby said:

Aha thats where I fall down, the wisely part, lol

 

Don't push too early. Don't get caught in crossfire. Keep your distance to the DD's as your secondaries are bit of a joke. For me the Vlad seems to work best when doing flanking maneuvers. It's as if the ship is somewhat similar to the George V.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TSCC]
Players
1,581 posts
18,750 battles

Well Italians also had this strange thing (Aircraft Carrier Sparviero)

 

it_cv_8.gif

 

I guess that thing in front was used actually for "Walk the Plank" punishment.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,103 posts
3,520 battles
1 minute ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

 

The reload time is bad, she alsos catches the fire all the frigging time.... But as long as you don't try to challenge tier X's, don't yolo, pack up enough repair parties etc (superintendent!) and position yourself wisely, you can do really well in the Vlad.

I was in a game the other day forget what I was in, something like BB probably and in my team was a guy testing the Georgia, he was a honest chappy and probably a good player he said that it is nice to test these new things but at the same time it was a double edged sword, what they are given to test could be good or a complete turd, i would love to hear what the testers thought of the Vlad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
960 posts
Just now, fumtu said:

Well Italians also had this strange thing

 

it_cv_8.gif

 

 

I guess that thing in front was used actually for "Walk the Plank" punishment.

 

Or maybe it was meant as a catwalk. Italians are big on fashion things. :Smile_veryhappy:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×