Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sukasaa

Enterprise Upgrades

27 comments in this topic

[TORPZ]
Players
121 posts
3,392 battles

Which ones should I pick  as Upgrades for Enterprise? ^_^

[STARS]
Beta Tester
122 posts
13,270 battles

Quick side question; CE/concealment module for CV's any use? In other words is it worth the effort when your planes have lower detectability? 

[COR3]
Players
572 posts
10,539 battles

I don't use the Concealment Module, i use the captain skill though.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,519 posts
15,243 battles
20 minutes ago, LeSnoet said:

Quick side question; CE/concealment module for CV's any use? In other words is it worth the effort when your planes have lower detectability? 

Depends.

On IJN CVs full stealth build can be useful to give your TBs topkek concealment.

On Enterprise specifically CE is useful because there really aren't that many alternatives, but stealth upgrade is most definitely inferior to FCM1.

Generally speaking CE can be used to take more aggressive positioning, but is for the most part detrimental since plane speed is much faster than in the RTS iteration so taking stuff that increase damage ouput and/or survivability is much more useful.

Meanwhile CSM1 is almost always inferior to FCM1.

Again the only CVs that truly benefit from full concealment are IJN CVs since you can reach DD concealment on your TBs which can be quite useful.

• Cool 2

[STARS]
Beta Tester
122 posts
13,270 battles
1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

Depends.

On IJN CVs full stealth build can be useful to give your TBs topkek concealment.

On Enterprise specifically CE is useful because there really aren't that many alternatives, but stealth upgrade is most definitely inferior to FCM1.

Generally speaking CE can be used to take more aggressive positioning, but is for the most part detrimental since plane speed is much faster than in the RTS iteration so taking stuff that increase damage ouput and/or survivability is much more useful.

Meanwhile CSM1 is almost always inferior to FCM1.

Again the only CVs that truly benefit from full concealment are IJN CVs since you can reach DD concealment on your TBs which can be quite useful.

Ah I see, thanks for the reply. :cap_like:

I currently go for full damage output and indeed survivability (captain skills and modules). And maybe I will fiddle around with the IJN CV's in terms of concealment, ninjatorping can be interesting.

4,287 posts
8,794 battles

@El2aZeR Didn't know sight stabilization is a thing. I always heared it's not that meaningfull with regards to improvement of the aiming time. Any comments on that?

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,519 posts
15,243 battles
5 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

@El2aZeR Didn't know sight stabilization is a thing. I always heared it's not that meaningfull with regards to improvement of the aiming time. Any comments on that?

It is useful whenever DBs are concerned. It is especially useful on the Enterprise since her DB accuracy is completely unaffected by maneuvering, making some of the weirdest attack angles possible with a bit of practice.

4,287 posts
8,794 battles
2 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

unaffected by maneuvering,

OH? :cap_wander_2:

Now I'm more than happy, that I pulled her from a crate. Time to take a closer look at my USN CV captain. Again ...

Thank you!

Players
1,108 posts
5,843 battles

Rule of thumb is to never take +5sec attack time modules in the third slot, you are better of with AA. Never never never take anything but AA mod 1 in third slot.

[FJAKA]
Players
1,836 posts
336 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PASA518&modules=111111&upgrades=122310&commander=PCW001&skills=2282366984&consumables=11&lang=en

Inb4 why TB health instead of DB health:

TBs are a lot more versatile, being useful against every capital ship whereas AP DBs are a lot more situational.

And when getting up tiered AP DBs also often attack targets against which you only get a single attack run regardless of health boost.

why Concealment expert and not lets say AR + other 2 skills?

Is that 1 km less in detection of ship and planes so importan for it?

[C0R3]
Players
34 posts
5,400 battles
3 minutes ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

Rule of thumb is to never take +5sec attack time modules in the third slot, you are better of with AA. Never never never take anything but AA mod 1 in third slot.

Why? 

As far as I see, you already have a toplevel AA in your CV. When you really need those extra AA, you're already the last one of your team and screwed anyway. Aren't those 5s extra for, lets say, Torpedo Bombers much more useful throughout the match?

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,519 posts
15,243 battles
3 minutes ago, veslingr said:

why Concealment expert and not lets say AR + other 2 skills?

You don't want AR because it messes with attack timings.

I guess I could take Boost, LG and DCF along with a throwaway one pointer (probably PM) instead but imo being able to take positions closer to the frontline is a bit more useful than that especially since E's planes are a bit on the slower side.

[FJAKA]
Players
1,836 posts
336 battles
7 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

I guess I could take Boost, LG and DCF along with a throwaway one pointer (probably PM) instead but imo being able to take positions closer to the frontline is a bit more useful than that especially since E's planes are a bit on the slower side.

if i am not mistaken "wounded" planes returns (with AR) home faster (depends how much health they lost) so in theory it would increas DPS ? They would be faster on deck and faster ready....and ussualy no squad is untouched when returning

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,519 posts
15,243 battles
10 minutes ago, veslingr said:

if i am not mistaken "wounded" planes returns (with AR) home faster (depends how much health they lost) so in theory it would increas DPS ? They would be faster on deck and faster ready....and ussualy no squad is untouched when returning

Could be, but is that really worth potentially failing an attack run?

[FJAKA]
Players
1,836 posts
336 battles
4 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Could be, but is that really worth potentially failing an attack run?

Probably not.

Players
1,108 posts
5,843 battles
Vor 52 Minuten, Horpach sagte:

Why? 

As far as I see, you already have a toplevel AA in your CV. When you really need those extra AA, you're already the last one of your team and screwed anyway. Aren't those 5s extra for, lets say, Torpedo Bombers much more useful throughout the match?

They are not useful because you never want to take extra amounts of time to drop your load. The 5 seconds extra will make you "aim" through flak longer if you start the torp run super early.

And only if you make the mistake to start it early those 5 seconds could ever be useful. You have like 10seconds to drop your torps without the extra 5 seconds. if you take longer then that you play CV very wrong. Lets not even talk about the extra seconds worth on rockets. You get in range, start the attack and release. You never start it way to early not even while predicting DD location. So yes, the AA on your CV will make a difference, see my 104 plane kills on the Enterprise i managed. without that i would have probably have been sunk and the match would have been lost while i never felt the need to have longer attack times ever in my battles since CV rework.

Beta Tester
706 posts
2,284 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

Can you explain in detail? why they are bad?

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,519 posts
15,243 battles
Just now, black_falcon120 said:

Can you explain in detail? why they are bad?

They're not necessarily bad but imo just inferior to the utility CE provides.

If you can play without CE then the listed skills are fine picks.

Beta Tester
706 posts
2,284 battles
1 minute ago, El2aZeR said:

They're not necessarily bad but imo just inferior to the utility CE provides.

If you can play without CE then the listed skills are fine picks.

Ah makes sense, btw why don't you take the aiming mods in slot 3? 

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,519 posts
15,243 battles
3 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

Ah makes sense, btw why don't you take the aiming mods in slot 3? 

Because they're unnecessary. You engage as close as possible with both plane types, as such the extra attack time is wasted.

Beta Tester
706 posts
2,284 battles
12 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Because they're unnecessary. You engage as close as possible with both plane types, as such the extra attack time is wasted.

Ah ok Thank you. 

[C0R3]
Players
34 posts
5,400 battles
2 hours ago, L0V3_and_PE4CE said:

They are not useful because you never want to take extra amounts of time to drop your load. The 5 seconds extra will make you "aim" through flak longer if you start the torp run super early.

And only if you make the mistake to start it early those 5 seconds could ever be useful. You have like 10seconds to drop your torps without the extra 5 seconds. if you take longer then that you play CV very wrong. Lets not even talk about the extra seconds worth on rockets. You get in range, start the attack and release. You never start it way to early not even while predicting DD location. So yes, the AA on your CV will make a difference, see my 104 plane kills on the Enterprise i managed. without that i would have probably have been sunk and the match would have been lost while i never felt the need to have longer attack times ever in my battles since CV rework.

I see. Will try this for myself. Thank you for the helpful answer.