Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ThreadRipperz

Appeal for Commander/Dep Commanders'benefits

7 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
25 battles

Calling All Commanders and Dep Commanders

Letter of Appeal
Dear WG,

A commander of a clan should have certain higher privileges/benefits e.g. an extra percentage for the coal, repair cost or extra percentage for all the resources. Reasons are: 
1.he paid doubloons to set up the clan. The money could have been spent on something else for himself

2.recruit and organize members to play rank and clan battles, making WOWs active

3.motivate and communicate members to become deputy commanders, recruiters-making WOW vibrant and lively.

4.inform/educate absent members who had missed or unaware of the upcoming new events (you can't imagine how much work I have to do to get the clan up and running for the above agendas). A lot of my members don't go to the website to read because they have limited time to spend on the game.

5.dismiss and recruit(the hardest part) new members to replace inactive members

6. In theory, he is a contributor. Half of the time is used to doing the above than playing games.

7. He has to be present full time or login regularly.

The above reasons are all for the benefits of WOWs. Without clan commanders, WOWs has lower benefit received from the setup of a clan. Also, members won't be as active as they will be playing alone and no friends/mates to talk to or play with.

Apart from these, Deputy Commanders should also have higher benefits e.g. something more than recruiters and line officers also. Otherwise, it is just a title with no benefits. Hence, gamers don't feel important or esteem over the title. Dep Commanders are usually the ones who conduct the clan/division battles, so they have their effort/role/responsibilities to make WOWs playing.

Finally, Dep Commander should have different levels of titles/delegation. E.g. 1st Dep Commander, 2nd Dep Commander, and 3rd Dep Commander. This is to help clan commanders recognize who has given the most effort in building/ organize the clan.

It also makes the Commander easy to delegate different appointments according to their contributions, otherwise, everyone is a Dep Commander with no self-esteem or no difference

All of the above proposals are to make WOWs a playable, lively and a vibrant community among gamers. The long-term goal is to cohere the gamers and keep the game going, and not let other games to distract them to play. I already had some members who have left the game for good.

I plead all Commanders and Dep Commanders to support my propositions in the comments below. Thank you all in advance.

Edited by CptMinia
Removed colour text for dark theme users.

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

No, definatly not.

All the things you say a commander should do are performed by the all the members of our clan. I am pretty sure it is the same for other clans as well. The commander is not the only person doing all the work.

A good clan member will work for the clan no matter what his or her rank is. Some will set up websites. Others provide a TS-Server. Yet again others try to convince friends to join. Everyone is there to create a time each of them enjoys. A good clan is working together.

The commander is only in so far special as that person paid a few doubloons to create the clan. That's it. If you want to repay the person for that, ask the members to gift him an event container or two. Debt fully repaid.

As you claim to be in a clan, yet post with an account that isn't and doesn't even have a noticable amount of battles played:

Who are you really?

• Cool 2

Players
2 posts
25 battles

Hello,

I am not a commander nor a dep commander. My post mention both the commander and dep commanders' responsibilities. Only both of them have the right to decide, delegate,  promote or distribute resources, etc on the portal. A recruiter can only recruit and it still up to the commander to decide to accept or not. Also, I am not in a clan.

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,303 posts
9,168 battles

Hiya,

moved to the appropriate section.

Regards,

CptMinia.

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,303 posts
9,168 battles

Personally I disagree with this, as both a player, a clan commander and someone who has participated and contributed in large clans for games such as team fortress 2 and planetside 2. I am also still involved in some smaller clans. Anyway, no we don't need set rewards for commanders or leaders. Most the clans I've been in are quite familial, by that I mean most clan members and veterans that have been a part of it for a significant period of time do something that benefits the clan in some way. It can be as simple as actively taking part in scheduled events or donating their time or money to benefit the clan for a website, or to maintain game servers or even recommending and running game events for new games to invite new people. This is why it is important to select a good and active clan to join that suits you, due to the nature of WoWS I think there are quite a few clans and players that are just in a clan to receive the clan bonuses. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Basically, it is entirely up to the higher-ups in the clans on how they want their clan structure to operate. This is why WG does not get involved in clan disputes, as long as the clans obey the clan and game rules they are not responsible for matters that happen within a clan. But, if you have a clan and feel you are entitled to extra coal or steel then I guess you can just take it from the clan treasury? 

• Cool 3

Players
6,058 posts
12,083 battles
6 hours ago, ThreadRipperz said:

Calling All Commanders and Dep Commanders

Letter of Appeal
Dear WG,

A commander of a clan should have certain higher privileges/benefits e.g. an extra percentage for the coal, repair cost or extra percentage for all the resources. Reasons are: 
1.he paid doubloons to set up the clan. The money could have been spent on something else for himself

2.recruit and organize members to play rank and clan battles, making WOWs active

3.motivate and communicate members to become deputy commanders, recruiters-making WOW vibrant and lively.

4.inform/educate absent members who had missed or unaware of the upcoming new events (you can't imagine how much work I have to do to get the clan up and running for the above agendas). A lot of my members don't go to the website to read because they have limited time to spend on the game.

5.dismiss and recruit(the hardest part) new members to replace inactive members

6. In theory, he is a contributor. Half of the time is used to doing the above than playing games.

7. He has to be present full time or login regularly.

The above reasons are all for the benefits of WOWs. Without clan commanders, WOWs has lower benefit received from the setup of a clan. Also, members won't be as active as they will be playing alone and no friends/mates to talk to or play with.

Apart from these, Deputy Commanders should also have higher benefits e.g. something more than recruiters and line officers also. Otherwise, it is just a title with no benefits. Hence, gamers don't feel important or esteem over the title. Dep Commanders are usually the ones who conduct the clan/division battles, so they have their effort/role/responsibilities to make WOWs playing.

Finally, Dep Commander should have different levels of titles/delegation. E.g. 1st Dep Commander, 2nd Dep Commander, and 3rd Dep Commander. This is to help clan commanders recognize who has given the most effort in building/ organize the clan.

It also makes the Commander easy to delegate different appointments according to their contributions, otherwise, everyone is a Dep Commander with no self-esteem or no difference

All of the above proposals are to make WOWs a playable, lively and a vibrant community among gamers. The long-term goal is to cohere the gamers and keep the game going, and not let other games to distract them to play. I already had some members who have left the game for good.

I plead all Commanders and Dep Commanders to support my propositions in the comments below. Thank you all in advance.

I'm sorry, but who are you mister 11 battles and 2 posts?

Are you a reroll? Because if you are really this new to the game, you really can't know anything, basically.

I'm fulfilling Deputy Commander role in my current clan and I don't agree with your suggested changes, except maybe to shove in some more ranks in between the already existing ones. I feel like especially between recruiter and deputy commander, there could be another ank added.

I don't see why only clan commander and deputy commander should get extra income?

The commander paid for the clan and therefore can dictate the rules. He can basically not do anything and is the only one who has guaranteed access to any clan benefits that the clan unlocks and all other ranks in the clan are volatile.

I also don't see how you could possibly know whether or not wows has a playable, lively and vibrant community and which members are not actual gamers. It just doesn't make any sense. It's totally illogical when you think about it. And if someone wants to play some other game, let them? Who am I to critisize?

I will not support your propositions (except maybe to shove in a couple more ranks).

[ST-EU]
Beta Tester
190 posts
8,574 battles
2 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I'm fulfilling Deputy Commander role in my current clan and I don't agree with your suggested changes, except maybe to shove in some more ranks in between the already existing ones. I feel like especially between recruiter and deputy commander, there could be another rank added.

Fully agree,
I'm commander of my clan, don't see the need for any of the suggestions beyond potentially another rank or two added to split things out nicer in terms of the permissions and so forth.
I set the clan up because I and a few friends wanted to get those bonuses from the various buildings. In that process alone we (all clan members) get additional income of Coal , Free XP and Credits (and once built Steel as well but not there yet for our clan)

There are various ways the clan interface and information could be improved but that's a matter for a different topic.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this