Jump to content
Server restart - 20/06/2019 Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
___V_E_N_O_M___

Dispersion Module is pathetic....

25 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
1,385 posts
5,285 battles

It gives you -7% dispersion on your main guns but 99% of camos give enemy ships +4% dispersion on incoming shells thus you get -3% dispersion overall when mounted on your ship.

 

Whats the point in using it for such little gains......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,519 posts
6,114 battles

The dispersion module does actually make a difference on ships that don't have any other viable options. As Beaunidl says a net gain of 4% (if that is calculated with flat or multiplicative, don't know) is not bad and can help land you a few more hits per salvo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
1,840 posts
15,841 battles

Well it negates the nerf your shells recive from camos and concealment module, when shooting long distances it can make a difference 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
32 posts
7,106 battles

It depends, some people aim to hit as many shells as they can, for them this bonus is invaluable. Some shoot just to hit a random shell or 2 because they don't aim well and if they used accuracy bonus all shells would hit water. Some even prefer german BBs with their shotgun dispersion... its all matter of preference

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,385 posts
5,285 battles
58 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Which would you rather have -3% nett or +4% nett dispersion?

its not that effective reallly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,038 posts
9,023 battles
29 minutes ago, Viravandrel said:

It depends, some people aim to hit as many shells as they can, for them this bonus is invaluable. Some shoot just to hit a random shell or 2 because they don't aim well and if they used accuracy bonus all shells would hit water. Some even prefer german BBs with their shotgun dispersion... its all matter of preference

Whut? What else then aiming to hit as many shells are you doing when you pull the trigger? That is the purpose of shooting. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
220 posts
9,104 battles
10 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

its not that effective reallly

Do not use it then, problem solved.

Why made topic of it?

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,715 posts
245 battles

surpised there aren't camos that give other bonuses to things making them more unique.

 

I thought it was a flat 10 bonus. oh well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
705 posts
11,101 battles
2 hours ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

It gives you -7% dispersion on your main guns but 99% of camos give enemy ships +4% dispersion on incoming shells thus you get -3% dispersion overall when mounted on your ship.

 

Whats the point in using it for such little gains......

 

It gives you -7% dispersion. That might be net -3% dispersion against a ship with cammo, but without the module you would get +4% dispersion. So it is always a -7% dispersion bonus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
143 posts
8,614 battles

What would you want for 500K credits? -40% dispersion on main guns? Module is must have on BBs and most cruisers now that AA module does not increase range, but adds +2 flaks, which I only use for DDs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
32 posts
7,106 battles
1 hour ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Whut? What else then aiming to hit as many shells are you doing when you pull the trigger? That is the purpose of shooting. 

Of course, but in this game many cannot fully predict where their target will be when shells hit so they dont like accuracy bonus because shotgun like shells have at least some chance of hitting - remember not everyone is as good as you. That partially explains why derpitz is the most popular premium in this game

 

Not me ofc, I play cruisers mostly, have about 38% hit ratio overall, about 50% on my DDs and i love aiming system modification and use it on almost all of my ships. The moar shells i can get from each salvo the better, DPM FTW

 

Btw i like the slaaneshi commander picture from previous page, maybe WG could make warhammer commanders for shipzez? I think i could buy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,669 posts
19,588 battles

:Smile_amazed::Smile_facepalm::Smile_popcorn:

 

2 hours ago, Sir_Grzegorz said:

Do not use it then, problem solved.

Why made topic of it?

 

BUFF :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ADRIA]
Players
517 posts
12,055 battles

Can we buff quality of Venoms topics? WG, plis? :Smile_sceptic:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WGP2W]
Players
34 posts
13,836 battles

@Venomwell, compared to your other options there arent really other modules for that slot that are clearly better. Sure you can buff that module to retarded levels but then you have balance issues to think off. Aa module, for me, is not worth it for anything but dds. Good cvs will hit you with the aa module and bad cvs are not an issue. Secondary module is bad because secondaries are bad. Your main guns are your bread and butter... Anything that improves that is a good thing.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
4,345 posts
18,825 battles
9 hours ago, MMASK said:

What would you want for 500K credits? -40% dispersion on main guns? Module is must have on BBs and most cruisers now that AA module does not increase range, but adds +2 flaks, which I only use for DDs.

Flak still kills plane after they drop, you can t dodge it with your back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BABBY]
Beta Tester
1,538 posts
19 hours ago, GarrusBrutus said:

Whut? What else then aiming to hit as many shells are you doing when you pull the trigger? That is the purpose of shooting. 

Because I know my aim is only so-so (and won't improve as I don't play WOWS every day) and I cannot predict how each player will react (particularly on the 1st salvo; how aware of me are they? do they have rudder shift modules? will they change speed, course, both, or the ultimate bait & switch: neither?), I tend to spread the shots around a bit. I prefer the consistency of 1 hit every time over 3 completely missed salvoes followed by a solid 6-hit chunk. I aim for upper belt penetrations over citadels for the same reason: consistency. Even if it statistically lowers my damage and hitrate, it feels better.

Edited by StringWitch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
Players
413 posts
5,711 battles

It depends on your ship.
The bigger, and slower your guns the more sense there is in taking a dispersion module, however it`s also useful due to it`s other effects: increasing the traverse speed of TT, and improving your secondaries, which are often overlooked.

 

One the other hand AA module is in the same spot, so i personally i`ve switched to it on most of my DD`s to get any chance of surviving the sky cancer.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[INTRO]
[INTRO]
Players
119 posts
10,525 battles

It's a good pick with all the players driving around "naked".

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
850 posts
13,559 battles

I've been putting it in every ship that is neither AA (although I switched to it in Minotaur: quite the number of DDs have become First Blood thanks to that) nor secondaries oriented and it pays. But, of course, it may make little sense if your engagements are well beyond the sweetspot.

 

5 hours ago, Infiriel said:

It depends on your ship.
The bigger, and slower your guns the more sense there is in taking a dispersion module, however it`s also useful due to it`s other effects: increasing the traverse speed of TT, and improving your secondaries, which are often overlooked.

Exactly. My IJN DDs benefit a lot from both the accuracy and the faster tubes' rotation. Caught in a more or less solo gunfight with another DD from relative distance? Kite away and hammer him. If it's another Japanese torp boat with mutual detection, many have gone for the turret rotation (which penalises reload) so you can hit them more and more often. A very close encounter? That split second of waiting for the tubes can make the difference between sinking the other guy and having a chance of survival or not.

 

Salute.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
884 posts
7,985 battles

You forgot the dispersion buff from the concealment module .. Using the dispersion module on T8+ targets (with camo and concealment module) actually reduces the malus to -2%!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
954 posts
4 minutes ago, Shisouka said:

You forgot the dispersion buff from the concealment module .. Using the dispersion module on T8+ targets (with camo and concealment module) actually reduces the malus to -2%!?

 That's the one reason why I give a huge preference to the CE module on all my T8 and above ships. But.. wouldn't it be even worse without the dispersion module?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
884 posts
7,985 battles
1 minute ago, Karasu_Hidesuke said:

 That's the one reason why I give a huge preference to the CE module on all my T8 and above ships. But.. wouldn't it be even worse without the dispersion module?

Shooting a camo'd and concealment module equipped T8+ ship would result in -9% to dispersion .. So yeah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,405 posts
12,993 battles

Ever heard of the German saying 'even a close miss is still a miss'? If so you would know what the dispersion module is there for...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
954 posts
5 minutes ago, Shisouka said:

Shooting a camo'd and concealment module equipped T8+ ship would result in -9% to dispersion .. So yeah.

 

Interestingly, this actually means that a tier 8/9 ship when equipped with the full set up gets a huge advantage over tier 6/7 ships when they are top tier. Tier X, on the other hand, will probably mostly be fighting ships that have the full camo and CE module buffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×